GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
SC is on trial for murder and Cassie considers him a liar, yet I find it strange that Cassie to this day still has a picture of SC and her together on her Facebook. You would think she would want to distance herself from him? Perhaps she is just a naive young lady and I am reading too much into it. I am going to assume her testimony was complete and truthful.
Yeah, I would have deleted or at least hid that pic from the timeline, I think. OTOH, it's not like everyone doesn't know about them. The post shows her innocent relationship with this new guy at a time when nothing weird had happened, and maybe she wants that to stand. A post from the past does not indicate present feelings, especially for people of that young age, who are always changing, starting relationships, breaking up. Most don't purge their Facebook archives; they just move on.

Huh? I disagree. I think it's strange and telling she has not removed the picture.

I think the "most don't purge their Facebook" is strictly Pua's opinion....especially after your boyfriend murdered two people.

Of course it's an opinion, based on my own observations and not all the Facebooks in the world or on Maui. It's offered for a counterpoint.

I can't compare myself at that age. My peer group didn't even have the internet, so I can't say how I would have behaved at 20, but very differently than I would after a lot of life experience, I am sure.

If you want to condemn her actions or non-actions, that is your right and I have no desire to argue about it, but I would appreciate not being attacked. We don't all need to have the same point of view here.

Who's attacking? You gave your opinion on the ins and outs of purging Facebook posts after justicehammer offered an opinion. So did I. My opinion is different than yours that's all. Like I said, first thing I do is erase pictures of my murdering ex boyfriend. But that's just me.

Of course it's an opinion, based on my own observations and not all the Facebooks in the world or on Maui. It's offered for a counterpoint.

I can't compare myself at that age. My peer group didn't even have the internet, so I can't say how I would have behaved at 20, but very differently than I would after a lot of life experience, I am sure.

If you want to condemn her actions or non-actions, that is your right and I have no desire to argue about it, but I would appreciate not being attacked. We don't all need to have the same point of view here.

Pua, I agree with you. I don't think it's strange that she hasn't deleted pictures of him. In fact, I think it would be a bit extreme if she went scouring every social media network in order to purge evidence of her relationship. She can't erase her past with him, and to me, any attempt to conceal it would seem odd to me. I think I'd wonder if it showed consciousness of guilt on her part. By choosing not to obfuscate her past with him, and by testifying against him, I think she has shown that she is not guilty of anything more than falling for the wrong person.

I would delete remains on facebook of any old boyfriends who did not remain friends. I would delete one who turned out to be a really mean guy. I would definitely delete one who turned out to be a betraying, lying, jerk. I would seek and destroy everything memorializing happier times with one who turned out to be a betraying, lying, psychopathic torturer and conscious-less murderer.
It makes me think that she might not be speaking whole truth on the stand and off.
IMHO

I also wanted to mention looking at Cassie's Facebook postings in 2014 between February and May 2014 for any indication of her regret for meeting SC and sympathy for Charli. I saw nothing.

I thought she would have been in a depressed mood due to the situation, however I was shocked to see postings that were carefree and flippant as if nothing ever happened. Like I say, I could be reading more into this than what is real.

I have never met the woman and don't care to judge her personally. I assume that, like everyone else, she has her good qualities and not-so-good qualities. I'm just glad that her testimony portrayed SC as an untrustworthy liar and gave us a timeframe for the murders.

I have never met the woman and don't care to judge her personally. I assume that, like everyone else, she has her good qualities and not-so-good qualities. I'm just glad that her testimony portrayed SC as an untrustworthy liar and gave us a timeframe for the murders.

Agreed for the most part. And it isn't she who is on the stand. However, it's fair make inferences from observable actions -- especially when they seem to veer from the norm. I would add, though, that none of the players' actions in this terrible drama, for good or ill, fit into "the norm". Extraordinary love. Extraordinary depravity. In a largely anything-goes subculture...IMO

Cass is a dumb kid who is going to a new school. She took the fast track to popularity by dating a Ecstasy drug dealer. All the rave at the Raves and Kihei club scene. Was she in love. Ecstacy is a helluva drug.

I’m curious what history of behavior SC exhibited before 2014 that would indicate a psychopath with the potential to commit murder?

Since he had a number of female and male friends, I would assume his psychopathic behavior was not obvious enough to scare them away?

Apparently, he was not liked by the Scott family before the murder, so he must have exhibited some kind of behavior that was frowned upon?

What behavior would indicate psychopathy to you? just wondering,, not challenging.

The Scott family has testified to or said in interviews that he did not treat Charli well. He showed her no affection and let her wait on him and support him. He refused to have a photo taken of the two of them when the other sisters were having a shot taken with their boyfriends, IIRC. The family didn't think it was a healthy relationship for her.

His co-workers and friends have mentioned his lack of affect and emotion.
This is not meant to answer your question fully. It's what has been said. No one has said they suspected all along he was a killer waiting to happen.

I don't think Scott Peterson had a history of violence.

SC is on trial for murder and Cassie considers him a liar, yet I find it strange that Cassie to this day still has a picture of SC and her together on her Facebook. You would think she would want to distance herself from him? Perhaps she is just a naive young lady and I am reading too much into it. I am going to assume her testimony was complete and truthful.

She might also never use her facebook. I have friends who just never check or change their facebooks, there's a couple who are married now but their facebook's still say "Single"

She does use Facebook a lot, but, as I said earlier, there's no sign that she goes back and edits or deletes things in the past. She adds new stuff.

The only FB account where I have noticed deletions is Steven's, which someone seems to have edited after he became incarcerated and lost access. Although not as much as one might expect.

I am only referring to public posts of course. One should keep in mind when thinking about judging character from Facebook, that we cannot see what she has posted for friends only.

And everyone thought Ted Bundy was a very nice young man.
Yes. It's a sociopathic trait to have chameleon abilities and be able to read behavioral and social cues and construct a cover up personality that hides the mess inside. But responses can still be off, lacking.
Men are not socialized to wear their feelings on their sleeve anyway, so a lack of empathy and overt emotions may not be enough to lose a guy friends when he is only in his 20's. He may be read as "cool" rather than cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea