GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #7

Found this on "Find Charli Scott" fb page, posted yesterday. My thoughts are with her family.

"32 today.

With a son, 4 years old. He has your smile and laugh.

He loves dogs and wants to be a cowboy like Uncle Adam.

You graduated and own your own little hair salon called "Paws and Claws" where you cut hair for people and dogs, like you planned.

It's going well and you are thinking about buying buying a house in a neighborhood where Joshua can go to a great school.

You are learning the Hawaiian language together, you and your son.

You have a small garden and you still eat organic everything....

Joshua and Devlin play video games together, wrestle over toys, laugh and fight in equal measure under your watchful green eyes..

You met a nice guy-

He loves you and Joshua like you are a part of his soul. I can see it in the way he looks at you. He says the sweetest things- sometimes you read me a G Rated text and smile that smile we all wear when our love is returned..

In my dream it was all just so.

And should be for every girl and boy the world over.

My heart beats to the question-

Where are you Baby Girl?

While yours beats not at all.

I can't let go of the shape of your hand in my mind...

I am searching for You and Joshua.

Won't stop till I draw my last breath, and maybe not even then if there be a way after."

In the case of Abbey and Libby, Libby's grandmother started the inspiring, never giving up hope, phrase, "Today is the Day", in the hopes of catching these two young girls killer.
One day Ms Kim, I believe you will get the answers. Maybe Stephen will be rehabilitated to tell the truth. Today could be the day.

Found this on "Find Charli Scott" fb page, posted yesterday. My thoughts are with her family.

"32 today.

With a son, 4 years old. He has your smile and laugh.

He loves dogs and wants to be a cowboy like Uncle Adam.

You graduated and own your own little hair salon called "Paws and Claws" where you cut hair for people and dogs, like you planned.

It's going well and you are thinking about buying buying a house in a neighborhood where Joshua can go to a great school.

You are learning the Hawaiian language together, you and your son.

You have a small garden and you still eat organic everything....

Joshua and Devlin play video games together, wrestle over toys, laugh and fight in equal measure under your watchful green eyes..

You met a nice guy-

He loves you and Joshua like you are a part of his soul. I can see it in the way he looks at you. He says the sweetest things- sometimes you read me a G Rated text and smile that smile we all wear when our love is returned..

In my dream it was all just so.

And should be for every girl and boy the world over.

My heart beats to the question-

Where are you Baby Girl?

While yours beats not at all.

I can't let go of the shape of your hand in my mind...

I am searching for You and Joshua.

Won't stop till I draw my last breath, and maybe not even then if there be a way after."

This is so beautiful, so beautifully written, and so heartbreaking.

It is beyond cruel that a present and a future that included such a life for this mother, daughter, son/grandson, and family was stolen from them all. And why? And for what? And by whom?

The dog who whines over his own paw, who licks at invisible wounds he doesn’t have, who paces his cage and snaps at those who were nothing but kind to him.

One who never owns up to the pain that he caused. One that guards his bone fiercely, as that bone is the only human part of him, and even that he has stolen.

Rot there in your cage, Steven. You never deserved her. Or him. Or anything.

But they all deserved so much better.

You are so thoroughly no man. You are not even a person.

I hope that you are haunted and live, if at all, in constant torment with what you have done, until you tell all. Until you take responsibility. Until you beg forgiveness.

You can never right this wrong. But you can help in someway if only you would.

If only you would.

Mother of murder victim Charli Scott seeks closure for her daughter

"There is so little left, but Kimberlyn Scott is desperate to claim it all: the jawbone violently split in two, the tips of five fingers, a piercing with a bit of flesh attached, an unidentified piece of bone possibly from the upper palate, a clutch of that telltale red hair.....Scott will get to view the remains for the first time Sunday under a special agreement with the Maui Police Department brokered by the county prosecutor’s office. Scott is planning a public memorial at noon outside the Maui Police Morgue & Forensic Facility in Wailuku to honor her daughter’s memory and a private ceremony inside that will include a spiritual “cleansing” of the remains."

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/02/04/hawaii-news/mother-of-murder-victim-charli-scott-seeks-closure-for-her-daughter/?HSA=f1b387eea312b4d1a60a7fe35f90a1755b9ad380

Capobianco files appeal of murder conviction

Convicted murderer Steven Capobianco is raising issues of prosecutorial and juror misconduct in appealing his conviction and seeking a new trial.

In an opening brief filed Feb. 3 by attorney Gerald Johnson in the state Intermediate Court of Appeals, Capobianco alleges he was denied a fair trial when he was found guilty in December 2016 of murdering his pregnant ex-girlfriend and setting fire to her vehicle.

He was the last person known to have seen 27-year-old Carly “Charli” Scott alive.

He told police that on the night of Feb. 9, 2014, she drove him from Haiku to about 3 miles past Keanae, where he said his truck had stalled the night before. After fixing a loose battery cable on his truck, Capobianco said he was driving back to Haiku, with Scott following, when he lost sight of her headlights in the Twin Falls area.

In alleging prosecutorial misconduct, the brief refers to testimony that Capobianco was a drug dealer, the failure to allow cellphone records of Scott’s half-sister to be admitted as evidence and statements made during closing arguments in the case.

In alleging juror misconduct, the brief says that after a jury communication to the court Dec. 13, 2016, indicating jurors couldn’t reach a verdict, one juror “called the court and then spoke on the phone with nine or 10 other jurors regarding what had occurred during deliberating.”

During a hearing with attorneys and the judge the next morning, the juror expressed needing more time to deliberate, Judge Cardoza said during a court hearing. A communication was sent to the jury asking whether further deliberations would help them reach a verdict, and they continued deliberating.

Capobianco files appeal of murder conviction | News, Sports, Jobs - Maui News

I haven't forgotten about Charli. Is there any updates?

I haven’t seen any updates. Her mom is a warrior! She is always doing so much for the other missing persons on Maui, even through her intense pain. I admire Kimberlyn so much. I think the state is still holding the evidence. I can’t even imagine what it’s like for her family. I’m still so heartbroken for them.

Sorry, this is from April, right after our last check-in here. I often check Kimberlyn’s Facebook to see what’s going on over there as I moved back to the mainland. She’s a fierce advocate for the missing on Maui and beyond. My heart aches for her. Maui is the worst place for family of the missing and murdered. She is still trying to find her baby girl and her grandson. She’s still trying to bury the small amount of remains they have locked away as evidence. I read a comment she posted that said SC is going before the Supreme Court now to get his conviction appealed. What a monster. I wish he’s just finally tell her where they are and give it up!

Appeals court affirms Capobianco murder conviction
He was found guilty of murdering his ex-girlfriend in 2014

Appeals court affirms Capobianco murder conviction

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member