Hi, I'm new here.

Rayla

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm so glad to be a part of this community. I'm currently living in Biloxi, MS but grew up in Southwest Louisiana. I have been reading true crime since I was in my early teens and have always been baffled how people think. This was in the early '80s and having an interest in true crime was not "the norm" or socially acceptable. My parents didn't approve of my true crime books and made me hide them when company came over, and refused to let me bring them to school "just in case someone saw them." I wish I was kidding.

I was adopted at 7 weeks old and spent nearly 20 years searching for my biological mother (finally succeeded in my mid 30s). I joined a few online sites such as this one and became very invested in it. In 2007, my husband went missing. The police dismissed me and wouldn't help me (initially). It took a week, but my friend and I were able to piece together what happened and then, with the help of law enforcement, his body was recovered. I took a long break from these types of forums to process my grief, but in the meantime I went back to college and received a Bachelor's in Sociology with and Psych. I took as many behavioral science classes as I could and needed to understand why people act the way they do. Obtaining my degrees helped me to see patterns, analyze, and profile, but I still can't wrap my mind around most of the behaviors and imagining that any of them are okay, exciting, or necessary. And I never forget about the victims and their families. They're real people not just a "story" on the news.
Whew, okay, this is kind of a long intro, but I really want to get to know people here. I wanted to give a bit of my background so you know why I'm here. I know I can learn so much from you all and I'm looking forward to being a part of this community. I hope in time I'm able to contribute.

Welcome! Im sorry for your loss...but I admire how you've been able to move forward with, what seems to be, your passion.

Welcome to WS. Did you look into and keep up with the Sherry murders there?
Thank you! The Sherry murders happened before I moved here, but I'm very familiar with the case and the Dixie Mafia. I have met several people who worked with people involved in the case. Fascinating conversations. People still talk about it here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ
Back