Hillsborough County

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Use this thread to list and discuss victims last known to be in Hillsborough County.

MAP

Lisa Ann Mowrey, 18

March 2010
Skeletal remains found I-75 and Bruce B Downs, Tampa

Remains found along I-75 identified as Lisa Ann Mowrey
12:00 AM, Mar 24, 2010

Detectives say the remains are 18-year-old Lisa Ann Mowrey. She was last seen on February 6, 2004 around 6:30 in the morning when she left her home. Detectives say she was on her way to school at the Manhattan Hairstyling Academy on East Fletcher Avenue. Lisa never made it to school and never returned home.

I-75 remains identified as beauty school student missing since 2004
By Kim Wilmath and Jessica Vander Velde, Times Staff Writers
Tuesday, March 23, 2010 3:06pm

TAMPA — Six years ago, an 18-year-old beauty school student packed up her smock, tools and extra clothes and headed to catch a bus to class.

No one heard from Lisa Ann Mowrey again. That is, until two blueberry farmers stranded on the side of Interstate 75 last week discovered human bones.

QREU3VU.jpg

Lisa Renee Harris
Last seen alive - 1994 Body found -2010
Hillsborough River

Tattoo helps identify Plant City woman found in Hillsborough River
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 1:58pm

TAMPA — Lisa Renee Harris got a tattoo shortly after her 18th birthday, mostly because she could.

[...]
She wanted a sun, but the tattoo placed above her right breast didn't come out well. So she had it turned into a nautical compass, Nixon said. That was 16 years ago.

On Monday, the tattoo helped family members identify Harris, 34, whose body was discovered in the Hillsborough River on Sunday. Adam Holt, the father of Harris' son, Justyn, 9, saw a news report with a photo of the tattoo. He recognized it and called Harris' father, who called his wife.

[...]
Sheriff's Office records show Harris has been arrested in Hillsborough County 18 times since 1999 on charges that include driving under the influence, grand theft auto and possession of cocaine and Xanax. She pleaded guilty to battery in 2003, petty theft in 2004 and possession of a controlled substance in 2005. She also was convicted of battery and criminal mischief in 2008.

Bride-to-be says sister found dead had 'big heart'
By Howard Altman | Tribune Staff Howard Altman
Published: March 31, 2010

[...]
"She had a big heart," Nixon said. "She was a wonderful person and a typical big sister."

But she led a troubled life, Nixon said.

"She was bipolar and had really rough teens and early 20s," Nixon said. She said the family still does not know what happened to Harris and that authorities have not told them if foul play was involved.

FdKgYSj.jpg

Melissa Easterling
Last known alive - June 21, 2011
Body found - June 27, 2011

Body found in Riverview business park identified

Submitted by Beau Zimmer, Reporter
Monday, June 27th, 2011, 11:39pm

Riverview, Florida- Sheriff's investigators have identified the body of a woman found early Monday morning along a dirt road in Riverview as 32-year-old Melissa Easterling.

The Gibsonton woman lived just six miles from where she was found dead. Neighbors in her mobile home park just off US-41 say last week they saw her take off on her bicycle, but she never returned

Woman found dead in Riverview wanted only 'love and friendship,' neighbors and family say
Tuesday, June 28, 2011 6:44pm

How Easterling, 32, ended up dead, near a business park about 6 miles from her home, remained a mystery Tuesday.
Her family had been looking for her, but it was two strangers — two women who had taken their cane poles out to catch fish before work Monday morning — who discovered her body near a Riverview business park.

The Hillsborough Sheriff's Office considers Easterling's death suspicious. Sheriff's spokesman Larry McKinnon said authorities have not yet determined the cause of death. A dive team was searching the nearby ponds for additional evidence.

Her body was partly decomposed, and her mother, Bonnie Easterling, said deputies told her that she'd been identified by her fingerprints.

Hillsborough and Pinellas counties are nationally recognized as a major hub for human trafficking. This not only increases the area's transient population but could expand a killer's hunting ground as well. I don't recall recent press about unsolved homicides in the area but given the aforementioned, it's worth investigating and researching.

Hillsborough and Pinellas counties are nationally recognized as a major hub for human trafficking. This not only increases the area's transient population but could expand a killer's hunting ground as well. I don't recall recent press about unsolved homicides in the area but given the aforementioned, it's worth investigating and researching.

Agreed, Blueeyebrowngirl. I think it would be more than worth it. I'm hoping all the details and information making it into the NAMUS files and other data driven efforts to may connect, compare, and weed out information that may pertain and eliminates false leads. Seems so much like if any particular set of these savage twisted murders of these women are connected, then perps may not at all have been concerned about the remains being found, almost brazenly seemed to want it. So, again, if any number of these are linked to the same set of perp/s, what made them so confident that leaving the remains to be found it would never end up leading to them? Nobody still named as POI in any of these cases?

I'm curious about what appeared to be a young girl on the property of the family where they were speaking to the brother of a convicted serial killer where bodies were found possibly more on property.Who is this girl/woman?Daughter ,sister granddaughter?Why is she still there with such potentially dangerous men.Does she know something?Is she being abused living in fear?She caught my attention.I m curious if she caught anyone else's attention?

All 3 of these women were bipolar?!

Looking past this obvious vulnerability, I wonder if they had the same doctor or used the same pharmacy. I also wonder if they were stalked. Hmm.

New victim? Evelyn Woodham, Found Nov 2, 2016. Palm River. I am not good at using forums so hopefully this is in the right place and others can search her name for the information on the case. I found it astonishing how similar her life was to the others, and how lose she was to I-4. I haven't seen any new reports in the news or otherwise since her body was found.

New victim? Evelyn Woodham, Found Nov 2, 2016. Palm River. I am not good at using forums so hopefully this is in the right place and others can search her name for the information on the case. I found it astonishing how similar her life was to the others, and how lose she was to I-4. I haven't seen any new reports in the news or otherwise since her body was found.

Found this news clip... She was found less than 2 miles from the Selmon Crosstown, and just off 41.
Her last known address according to HCSO was 2.5 miles from where they found her body. Blunt force trauma to the upper body, may be cause of death.
Evelyn Woodham 26, 5' 4", 130 lbs.
attachment.php

Attachments

• ewoodham tampa.jpg
    ewoodham tampa.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 97
Looks like I have to get busy updating that map. Quite a few to add from this year alone. :tsktsk:

Appreciate your putting this up! I am very rusty at forum posting and have no investigative skills, however Eve worked for the company where I manage the office for while she was in a prison work release program a couple of years ago. We knew she had gone back to her previous lifestyle but this was still a shock to us all. She was a very nice person while sober and a hard worker. Her family was unable to raise all of the funeral costs from what I have gathered which makes this an even sadder story.

A warrant has been issued for James Luis Scott 22 years old for the murder of Eve. He is a repeat offender, considered armed and very dangerous.

UPDATE! James Luis Scott and his brother have been arrested for the murder of Evelyn (Eve) on January 31st. She was shot by Mr James Scott because she wouldn't wake up. His Brother helped him to dump her body like trash (using a trash can) and then they torched the small trailer she was killed in. I thank law enforcement for their dedication regardless of the fact the Eve had drug problems. I hope both of these men spend the rest of their lives in prison.

UPDATE! James Luis Scott and his brother have been arrested for the murder of Evelyn (Eve) on January 31st. She was shot by Mr James Scott because she wouldn't wake up. His Brother helped him to dump her body like trash (using a trash can) and then they torched the small trailer she was killed in. I thank law enforcement for their dedication regardless of the fact the Eve had drug problems. I hope both of these men spend the rest of their lives in prison.

Thanks for the update! So glad they're caught. Hopefully, they'll get a judge who won't go soft on sentencing. RIP Eve.

I lived in Pinellas County for two years. I was so happy to get out of there...saw a lot of bad stuff.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back