Holly Bobo found deceased, discussion thread *Arrests* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Memorial service planned for Holly Bobo this weekend

A memorial service has been planned for Holly Bobo, the nursing student who was kidnapped and murdered in April 2011.

The Memorial for Holly Lynn Bobo will take place at Corinth Baptist Church on Sunday, April 12, one day before the four-year anniversary of her disappearance.

Bobo disappeared from her home in Darden, Tennessee, when she was 20 years old on April 13, 2011. Her remains were found September 2014 in a rural area of Decatur County.

http://wkrn.com/2015/04/07/memorial-service-planned-for-holly-bobo-this-weekend/

April 13, we will see the sentencing for Travis's murderer...the day that Holly was kidnapped and murdered

I posted on twitter, Travis hold Holly close, Her Justice will come!

@Tugela

How about a link to this law?...a copy and paste ......something

This is your opinion and multiple people have told you that it is incorrect and also illegal......you still continue to argue it is legal in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.And have yet to produce any form of the law that even comes close to backing up what you are saying.

You also previously stated that any incriminating comments made by D.A couldn't be used at trial unless he took the stand and admitted to these comments.....then argued when told you were not correct.You have a bit of a track record of posting things that are not facts and then arguing when others point it out.....I am certainly no expert on criminal matters but know when many others state an opposing view .....I need to take a better look at mine.

Your whole argument started when an article was posted about TBI withholding evidence in some cases.......I admit I did not read this article carefully or fully......but it appeared to be in cases where no criminal charges were filed.Once criminal charges are filed the discovery process starts and then they must hand over anything that falls under that scope.

http://www.nhregister.com/general-n...d-in-cheshire-triple-homicide-prosecutor-says

These guys were caught leaving the burning house,both confessed in some part to the crimes.....but now this ....911 dispatch tapes and LE communications were not turned over to the defense.An FBI hostage negotiator was also called at some point which by your theory doesn't need to be turned over since they would have been "secondary".The FBI negotiator is not in this story but it is in others from the time period because the defense is trying to make the case 2 victims were still alive when LE was on scene,knew there were hostages and it is somehow LE's fault 2 of them died.

Worst case scenario* is a re-trail but that would be devastating for what family is left of this heinous crime and all because some backup up's of CD's were misplaced.This shows how important it is to make sure all pertinent evidence,no matter who has it gets turned over.....to keep things like this from happening.

*I do not know if this motion has been ruled on yet*....I can't find anything new about it.

I don't have to provide links to a negative. You are the one claiming that such a law exists, the onus is on you to provide the link, not me.

No one has provided anything to show that I am wrong, so there is no "overwhelming evidence to the contrary".

Comments made by DA can be used in HIS trial, they can't be used in the trial of the other accused because they have the right to confront the accuser and he is available for that. He isn't dead, if he has anything to say on the matter he can say it himself, they can't have someone else say it for him. Under those circumstances whatever TBI agents supposedly heard him say is hearsay for those purposes and inadmissible. The only way his claims would be admissible if HE TESTIFIES TO IT IN OPEN COURT. The TBI agents can testify against DA, but not against the other two. If the prosecutor wants to bring that accusation into the other trial she would have to persuade DA to testify, and it is pretty safe to say that isn't going to happen if they are prosecuting him for rape since anything he says in the kidnapping/murder trial could then be used against him in his own trial. And if they do a "deal" with him to coerce him into testifying, the fact that they used threats followed by a tangible benefit to get him to do it would make whatever he says impeachable.

Your example is irrelevant because in that instance the material in question was part of the records of the primary investigators, so it should have been turned over if pertinent to the case. Records from agencies or individuals outside of the jurisdiction would not be included in discovery unless they were supplied to the primary investigators or the prosecutors office. Normally a professional secondary agency would do this as a matter of course since they are assisting the primary investigators, but if they had a different agenda to the prosecutor it would be easy for them to conceal since the prosecutor has no direct authority over them. The prosecutor has an obligation to seek those records (and get a court order to compel surrender of them if necessary) if he/she is aware of them, but if not then they would remain outside of discovery. This is the part you keep missing.

:rose: Memorial Service for Holly :rose:

From WSMV:

The service will be held Sunday at Corinth Baptist Church in Darden, TN.
Doors will open at 1 p.m. and the memorial will begin at 2 p.m.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/28745171/memorial-service-planned-for-holly-bobo#ixzz3WvBDyP00

From the Jackson Sun:

The family requests in lieu of flowers memorial contributions be made to
Holly Bobo Scholarship Fund, Corinth Baptist Church, 1350 Corinth Rd. Darden, Tenn. 38328.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/2015/04/08/memorial-service-for-holly-bobo-set/25461235/

Investigator "notes" are a tricky topic to address.

Some are specifically excluded from being discoverable (those which pertain to analysis, esp the plans and thoughts that LE is using to put the case together for trial). But in principle, any notes that an investigator for LE has used to record evidence should be open to demand.

Perhaps.

LE is only required to turn over evidence, not every form of the same evidence. The bottom line point is that there should not be anything within the notes, in the recording of evidence, that doesn't get forwarded as to content. So maybe LE turns over notes in cursive writing, and creates a challenge to decipher, but probably not.

Also, imo it's legally possible that original notes don't even still exist when a case gets to discovery. I'd say they can legitimately be written on the go, then later logged into a report or into some sort of permanent file, with the info fleshed out as needed, and then the original scrawled handwriting be destroyed once their purpose - to allow a report and evidence to be remembered, until recorded - has been achieved. If investigators always destroy the original handwritten notes, it avoids any potential conflict/questions and also forces them to make sure and put all the info into a more permanent form while it's all fresh in their mind.

As a defense attorney, I would prefer to have both, and look for a conflict. As LE, I would prefer there only be one record. I suspect guidelines vary from one jurisdiction to another, and maybe even from one investigator to another.

An understatement to say the least huh? It sure is a slippery slope. I have wanted to research "Work Product Doctrine" but wow!

It seems individual states vary but Case Law seems to be the deciding factor in most challenges to work product in discovery.

I started with this, but many, many scholarly works have been written on the matter. Not a simple topic. Thanks for making it more clear.

http://defensewiki.ibj.org/index.php/Work_Product_Doctrine

:cow:

In memory of Holly... may you rest in peace... and may there be justice for you one day soon.

From WKRN:

Holly Bobo’s life celebrated at memorial service Sunday

untitled-127.jpg

Corinth Baptist Church was overflowing with roughly 500 family members, friends, and supporters of the nursing student who disappeared from her home on April 13, 2011.

More at Link: http://wkrn.com/2015/04/12/holly-bobos-life-celebrated-at-memorial-service-sunday/

Our Dearest Holly,
4 Years ago today, you were taken from your family and friends in such a way that No Family should have to go through all this.
Your Young Life was taken from you.
4 Years later, we here at Websleuths still seek Justice for You, still seek the answer to 'WHY' this happened to you.
We will continue to lift your family up and continue to seek the Justice YOU Deserve.
May you continue to bring forth the truth as to what happen to you Holly, so one day we can truly say, Rest In Peace Dear Child.

Any word on when the hearings are supposed to take place?

Any word on when the hearings are supposed to take place?

That's what's odd here, the fact that we have cases in limbo, motions filed and pending, and yet apparently nothing scheduled on the court's docket. For 4 months. And counting.

That's what's odd here, the fact that we have cases in limbo, motions filed and pending, and yet apparently nothing scheduled on the court's docket. For 4 months. And counting.

As sad as it is... they have definitely dropped the ball! This is totally unacceptable! And the worst part is it hasn't been for lack of media coverage! That hasn't even pushed things along to show their incompetence! Just my opinion... and I'm ashamed of all LE involved. Get your **** together and get it done! Doesn't make me feel good that I live in Tennessee not all that far from Decatur County!

I get the feeling they are frozen in the realization they do not have case - so sad to say.

This idleness is heartbreaking, when will the person(s) responsible for all this be held responsible??? It's been far too long.

As sad as it is... they have definitely dropped the ball! This is totally unacceptable! And the worst part is it hasn't been for lack of media coverage! That hasn't even pushed things along to show their incompetence! Just my opinion... and I'm ashamed of all LE involved. Get your **** together and get it done! Doesn't make me feel good that I live in Tennessee not all that far from Decatur County!

I agree, angels among us. Many of us have been here since the morning of 04/13/2011 when the news broke of Holly's tragic abduction and the ensueing nightmare began. From the initial investigation, the arrest/s, and now the trial/kangaroo court, over four years later, with no end in sight. The TN Justice System has dropped the ball on the innocent victim; Holly Bobo, her family, and the Parsons, TN community, imo.

It was as if the TBI was doing the TBI 3 step<1 step forwards and 2 steps backwards> during the 3 year investigation, and now it seems that the trial is caught up in a time warp dance of sorts by the TN Justice System. With each passing day I am loosing faith that justice will ever be served in Holly's case...

All 3 suspects will be in court today!
Good morning!
WSMV channel 4 out of Nashville said they would be live streaming.
Channel 5 will be there no word if they will be live.
They are saying 9 am. WSMV.COM
I can't give links, on my tablet and not sure how to do it.
We are central time.

Wish I could be here but I've got my grandbaby today.
We need Justice for Holly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member