Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #1 ***ARREST***

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but this article (originally written in October 2011, reprinted March 4th, 2014) seems to make sense of the rather confusing timeline. I would be surprised if, under the circumstances, everyone agreed on the exact times.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...reconstruct-time-beforeHolly-Bobo-s-abduction

Hope this helps...

That's a well written article. Difficult to read without getting emotional.Holly sounds like a great kid who any mother and father would be proud of.
What is intriguing is the mother's instincts. She knew immediately Holly was in trouble and told her son to follow with gun. It seems like Clint rationalized in his head everything was normal, like most of us would. I feel for him. Can't blame him though.

What is creepy is I bet ZA was staking out the house waiting for the parents to leave for work. I hope they convict him and he gets put to sleep or fried. But not before a long painful stay in prison. doesn't deserve to live.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

My opinions only, no facts here:

There is no "new" timeline based upon the time of the main suspect's Facebook posting. The possible if not probable 7:40 AM time of the abduction is based upon info that greatly predates this recent story about the 7:39 AM posting on the main suspect's Facebook page. If this Facebook post was made from the main suspect's house, it could actually be an alibi (he could not be in two places at the same time).

But someone could have posted it for him from his home.

Here is something I've been wanting to know. Does anyone know if AZ or any of his thugs were involved in any of the initial searches for Holly after she was abducted? TIA

I may be mistaken, but I thought I read somewhere that ZA did go to some of the searches to 'help.' Am I right?

There seems to be a lot of confusion surrounding ZA's post on Facebook at almost the exact same time that she was abducted. Also, a couple of years later he posted a selfie on Facebook with the caption "who am I looking for ??".

Has anybody else entertained the idea that maybe the reason he was able to do these things is due to him not being the actual abductor ?

He was the get-away driver and lookout.

Maybe he was waiting in the forest with his cellphone. anxiously and nervously waiting for the abductor to return with her.
That would go a long in explaining the odd Facebook post at almost the same exact time she was snatched from her driveway. The selfie could have just been his attempt at bragging about the crime after the heat had died down a bit. Of course the selfie could have been taken almost anytime, which would have less importance than the Facebook comment.

It has been stated that other people may well be involved and other arrest may be pending. Obviously, evidence was found that implicates him in the abduction and death, but that doesn't mean that he is the only player. It also doesn't mean that he was the mastermind behind it. He is the one that had enough evidence in his possession to get indicted and arrested at this point.

There seems to be a lot of confusion surrounding ZA's post on Facebook at almost the exact same time that she was abducted. Also, a couple of years later he posted a selfie on Facebook with the caption "who am I looking for ??".

Has anybody else entertained the idea that maybe the reason he was able to do these things is due to him not being the actual abductor ?

Maybe he was waiting in the forest with his cellphone. anxiously and nervously waiting for the abductor to return with her.
That would go a long in explaining the odd Facebook post at almost the same exact time she was snatched from her driveway. The selfie could have just been his attempt at bragging about the crime after the heat had died down a bit. Of course the selfie could have been taken almost anytime, which would have less importance than the Facebook comment.

It has been stated that other people may well be involved and other arrest may be pending. Obviously, evidence was found that implicates him in the abduction and death, but that doesn't mean that he is the only player. It also doesn't mean that he was the mastermind behind it. He is the one that had enough evidence in his possession to get indicted and arrested at this point.

Yeah, I'm actually thinking along the same lines as you - I'm sure he's not the only one involved and who knows what part he played in her kidnapping and her death. For all we know, they found remains on HIS land and that's why he's charged. Someone else could have pulled the trigger, someone else could be the mastermind.....who really knows until we see what happens re- other people being arrested. I don't think he did this all by himself at all though. MOO

Hi steelman,

Yes, I have considered the possibility. I do hope LE has the man who participated with or acted alone in this horrible crime.

I just wanted to say that, and to thank everyone's posts as we move towards what I hope will be a successful prosecution. I'm not participating, just following along at this point because it is important for me to be here for Holly and her loved ones.

Thanks every one, enjoy the rest of your weekend. :seeya:

Some heavy drugs in their arsenal..Many listed are the same prescribed for my Mom. Only, she was in the advanced stages of lung cancer and not running from the cops in the woods...

I have looked at ZA arrest record more times than I want to, yet I still cannot make sense of the park ranger incident/arrest and what charges he faced as a result....I'm a mortgage underwriter in my real life and am usually quite adept at deciphering random documents, however I'm just not seeing it here..Anyone else see where he faced charges for this incident? Did I miss it? TIA

Apparently, in that town, if you have paraphernalia and illegal drugs in your possession and you assault a cop, you will need to keep at least $1250.00 on hand to bail yourself out of jail and kill an innocent girl 9 days later.

His bond was set at $12.500 which means he would need to come up with 10% of that to get himself sprung from jail. Holly might still be alive today had the system dealt with this guy the way he needed to be dealt with.
3 strikes= 20 years.

NOTE TO SELF: Keeping $1250 on hand will solve a lot of problems when dealing with the justice system.

I may be mistaken, but I thought I read somewhere that ZA did go to some of the searches to 'help.' Am I right?

I don't think that's ever been mentioned in MSM. I wouldn't be surprised if he did though.

We have no idea if anyone else is involved at this point. ZA fits Clint's description of the perp so my guess is he was the one at the house.

Apparently, in that town, if you have paraphernalia and illegal drugs in your possession and you assault a cop, you will need to keep at least $1250.00 on hand to bail yourself out of jail and kill an innocent girl 9 days later.

His bond was set at $12.500 which means he would need to come up with 10% of that to get himself sprung from jail. Holly might still be alive today had the system dealt with this guy the way he needed to be dealt with.
3 strikes= 20 years.

NOTE TO SELF: Keeping $1250 on hand will solve a lot of problems when dealing with the justice system.
I just don't get all of ZA's free, or nearly free, passes with law enforcement. I really think this needs to be looked into. It is just sickening that he was obviously a threat to society and his family and he was just left to continue to terrorize others and take Holly's life. I imagine many in that town were terrified of ZA just because he seemed untouchable by LE. Heck, he probably bragged about it. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

That's a well written article. Difficult to read without getting emotional.Holly sounds like a great kid who any mother and father would be proud of.
What is intriguing is the mother's instincts. She knew immediately Holly was in trouble and told her son to follow with gun. It seems like Clint rationalized in his head everything was normal, like most of us would. I feel for him. Can't blame him though.

What is creepy is I bet ZA was staking out the house waiting for the parents to leave for work. I hope they convict him and he gets put to sleep or fried. But not before a long painful stay in prison. doesn't deserve to live.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Sounds to me like Clint had more sense than Karen in this instance. Clint was the one on scene, not Karen. Clint wasn't sure who this person was. Panic and lack of clear thinking is how innocent people get shot (and how firearms get such a bad rap). You never, NEVER make assumptions with a gun in your hand. I learned this the hard way by pulling a gun on a teenager lurking behind my house at night. The kid was simply tracking a deer he'd shot and got lost on a logging road and ended up on my property. What if Clint HAD shot the person he saw with Holly, and it had turned out to be a friend of hers, or a classmate, or a cousin, or a neighbor?

JMO

3 strikes= 20 years.

Actually steelman, if you're a property owner with equity, most states require only a property bond. Minimal fees would have been required.

Ironically, many of us zoned in on Natchez Trace Park on day one as a likely destination for the abductor to have taken HB. National & State parks are prime locations for illegal meth labs due to the vast areas of forests and a limited number of park rangers to patrol.

Since ZA likely received a good ole fashioned as. kicking by the two rangers when resisting arrest...
Guess, we can't rule out the possible motive for HB's abduction as retaliation against authorities for his arrest only 9 days before; payback, vengeance...jmo

Good morning everyone. Happy Sunday to you all!:seeya:

I have been thinking about the subject 'whether the TBI/FBI found Holly's remains or not.' This morning I just sat back and tried to look at it logically because more often than not the answer is based in good old common sense and logic.

Usually when there is no proof of a body the family still holds onto hope that their loved one is alive.

However, here in the case, the Bobos have been told something by LE that convinces them that Holly is in Heaven now. And this entire family held out hope for three years that she was being held some place and was still alive.

So for them to accept it now.... LE has to have something irrefutable showing Holly has indeed been murdered.

So maybe they did find bone fragments or other skeletal remains and told the Bobos not to release the particulars to anyone.

Sounds to me like Clint had more sense than Karen in this instance. Clint was the one on scene, not Karen. Clint wasn't sure who this person was. Panic and lack of clear thinking is how innocent people get shot (and how firearms get such a bad rap). You never, NEVER make assumptions with a gun in your hand. I learned this the hard way by pulling a gun on a teenager lurking behind my house at night. The kid was simply tracking a deer he'd shot and got lost on a logging road and ended up on my property. What if Clint HAD shot the person he saw with Holly, and it had turned out to be a friend of hers, or a classmate, or a cousin, or a neighbor?

JMO

And all of this was transpiring at lightning speed and so much to take in at one time.

Clint has never shot a human being before and he certainly wouldn't want to shoot someone that loved Holly or one of the neighbors. Karen never told Clint about the scream at first either. The what ifs are just too great. I think Clint is a shy/timid person just like his sister and to kill someone wasn't in Clint's nature. And if he was shaky with the gun since both Holly and ZA were walking side by side he could have easily shot his sister instead. And we also know that ZA had a weapon of some sort (even though Clint didn't know at the time) since he drew Holly's blood. So if shot at ZA could have just cut Holly's throat right there in front of Clint's eyes.

It is so easy to Monday morning quarterback but living the experience had to be hell on earth for Clint Bobo. He was trying to grasp everything and its logical to rationalize things in someone's mind that are being seen rather than immediately knowing something was very wrong.

Good morning everyone. Happy Sunday to you all!:seeya:

I have been thinking about the subject 'whether the TBI/FBI found Holly's remains or not.' This morning I just sat back and tried to look at it logically because more often than not the answer is based in good old common sense and logic.

Usually when there is no proof of a body the family still holds onto hope that their loved one is alive.

However, here in the case, the Bobos have been told something by LE that convinces them that Holly is in Heaven now. And this entire family held out hope for three years that she was being held some place and was still alive.

So for them to accept it now.... LE has to have something irrefutable showing Holly has indeed been murdered.

So maybe they did find bone fragments or other skeletal remains and told the Bobos not to release the particulars to anyone.

I agree. I was stunned he was being charged with her murder; they had to have found something.

And all of this was transpiring at lightning speed and so much to take in at one time.

Clint has never shot a human being before and he certainly wouldn't want to shoot someone that loved Holly or one of the neighbors. Karen never told Clint about the scream at first either. The what ifs are just too great. I think Clint is a shy/timid person just like his sister and to kill someone wasn't in Clint's nature. And if he was shaky with the gun since both Holly and ZA were walking side by side he could have easily shot his sister instead. And we also know that ZA had a weapon of some sort (even though Clint didn't) since he drew Holly's blood. So if shot at ZA could have just cut Holly's throat right there in front of Clint's eyes.

It is so easy to Monday morning quarterback but living the experience had to be hell on earth for Clint Bobo. He was trying to grasp everything and its logical to rationalize things in someone's mind that are being seen rather than immediately knowing something was very wrong.

I've always had a lot of empathy for her brother. He's taken a huge beating since she went missing.

Just a quick question. Was the blood that was found confirmed to be Hollys? I am sure it was hers but was it confirmed?

Just a quick question. Was the blood that was found confirmed to be Hollys? I am sure it was hers but was it confirmed?

Confirmed as by LE? I wouldn't think so even if they know positively it is Holly's blood. LE is not going to comment on any part of the investigation or any results they have obtained. That's just the way LE has always done things.

It was fresh blood and I do believe it did belong to Holly. ETA: N/t just confirmed her dad said it did belong to her.:(

I think they will have a DNA expert at the trial that will testify what the results showed on the fresh blood found at her home that day.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member