Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #2 ***ARREST***

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to tn.vinelink AB, CB, and TE are all in Benton County Jail. I don't know what the charges are. But if you look at the Benton County Jail roster, they don't claim them I am wondering if maybe they are being held on TBI charges and the county is "out of it" as they seem to be in all these arrests. Just wondering. And IMO

You are wrong on that. Jurors do care about stuff like that and are influenced by it. That is why the defence takes so much effort to make the defendant as presentable as possible, and the prosecution makes so much effort to present the victim in the best possible light. The victim might be a for example, but the prosecution will want to present him as a family man, a scion of the community who went to church every (other) sunday.

Many, if not most, jurors will make value judgements on those appearances and have a predisposition to convict or acquit accordingly.

I have been a juror five times in the last 30+ years. Three of them were murder cases. One a death penalty case. I don't agree with your assessment. I don't think jurors are that shallow. If so, all pretty faced murderers would walk and that rarely happens. Lots of handsome and pretty defendants have been convicted and some even received death so imo your argument isn't supported by facts. Over 90% of cases here in the states either ends in a plea agreement of guilt or guilt when its brought to trial.

I can assure you I did not come to my verdict based on a photo shown of the victim before they were killed. That is just plain silly, imo. All of it was based on the actual evidence presented during the trial by the state and defense. Nor did the defendant being dressed like Mr. Rogers sway me either. Its hard to pull the wool over the eyes of jurors. Does it happen occasionally? Of course but many many more cases are won than not won. Only a small percentage of cases are won by defense attorneys.

Rarely does the state even bring the victim to life or even present who they really were. They simply go through the facts in evidence, one step at a time. In fact many crime board watchers often are dismayed that during the trial the victim is only mentioned as 'the victim' and there is nothing much mentioned about who they really were before they died. That is why some feel DAs are too dead pan and not emotional enough about bringing justice to the victim when we know that is all the defense does it rely on drama in the courtroom. That is why many of them take acting classes where a DA does not. He/she is there to present the facts.

Now of course, we, on message boards, such as this one, knows all about the victim(s), including photos, and about their lives before the trial starts but jurors don't know or get to see nearly what we do.

I have never seen a DA try to build a victim up into something they aren't. I have seen defense attorneys do it often though especially if they know things about the defendant has been suppressed and isn't coming in. All people, including jurors know it is about sitting in judgment of the defendant and whether the evidence proves BARD they are guilty or NG and nothing about sitting in judgment of the victim.

Now, if the defendant is convicted and there is a sentencing phase then the jurors learn more about who the victim really was and how the murder has affected their loved ones. But of course then the jurors are shown silly baby pictures and other photos of the convicted murderer at the sentencing phase too. As if that somehow matters when it doesn't. Every murderer was a kid at some point in their lives. So the defense wants their cake and eat it too.

They want pictures to come in but only when it is for their side.

According to tn.vinelink AB, CB, and TE are all in Benton County Jail. I don't know what the charges are. But if you look at the Benton County Jail roster, they don't claim them I am wondering if maybe they are being held on TBI charges and the county is "out of it" as they seem to be in all these arrests. Just wondering. And IMO

I saw that too jggordo. Wasn't TE just arrested recently?

Maybe the residents of the county can rest easier since it seems most of the thugs and criminals are being locked up left and right now.:D

I hope if any good can come out of this heartbreaking case it will be to expose the meth problem that seems to have plagued that community for years now. It makes me wonder if the local LE had been turning a blind eye.

If others knew about it then the local LE had to know about it too, imo. Yet it seems like the meth business was booming in that area.

I sure hope that the TBI/FBI gets to the bottom of it. Drugs have ruined many fine communities.

IMO

There is one point I'd like to make in the reports of who is #1 in METH in the US and so on. The maps that I have seen show how many METH labs have been found in each state. NOT how many are actually there. So, IMO when a state has a higher number, LE is doing a better job of finding them and destroying them. JMO

There is one point I'd like to make in the reports of who is #1 in METH in the US and so on. The maps that I have seen show how many METH labs have been found in each state. NOT how many are actually there. So, IMO when a state has a higher number, LE is doing a better job of finding them and destroying them. JMO

That is so so true!!!

My best friend and her son was murdered by her husband..... during court they never showed a picture of her alive. I was so upset.... I wanted the jury to see pictures of her holding her children...see the love in hers eyes . He got to dress up and look nice for the jury... but her no the only pictures the jury seen were from the crime . He shot her in the face! Of course i wanted them to see what he did to her but also see her as a person not just the victim.She was beautiful to us but that wasn't what I wanted them to see... I wanted them to see her in pictures being a mom, a friend and seeing the good person she was. I feel showing pictures of the victim is fair. If they can't show the victims pictures then I feel they shouldn't let the murderer be seen in court.. only let them see his mugshot! When its someone close to you.... seeing them the way they were before is a lot easier on the heart. I'm happy to say he sits on deathrow in angola. So before and after pictures in her case didn't change the out come. I feel Holly will get the same justice as my friend did.

There isn't a valid Benton (or other TN county) jail roster to my knowledge. Vinelink's all we have, and no charges are shown there.

And yes, TE showed up on Vinelink 2 nights ago. They seem to make updates on Vinelink at night, including movements from county facilities to "unknown agency"...

Do we know why the police arrested this guy yet?

LE/DA is never going to divulge publicly the actual evidence they have against Zach Adams, but it has to be strong evidence pointing directly at him for the DA to say he is considering the death penalty.

Imo, they arrested him and charged him with aggravated kidnapping and murder of Holly because they have evidence in their possession showing he was the one.

IMO

IMO this was a sexual predator taking a victim. Unlike in Mickey's case, this guy seems to have chosen his victim, but otherwise I do not see much difference between the two murders. He must have stalked her, IMO, at least enough to know when he was likely to catch her alone and off-guard. But I think it was always about sex/power, to satisfy his twisted needs. There isn't going to be a "reason" or explanation. JMO

I totally agree with you cluciano.

I have always felt Holly was kidnapped, raped repeatedly, (IMO) and then murdered. I would like to believe for Holly's sake that the amount of time from beginning to end was short. However; I honestly don't believe it and I think she may have been tortured many days and even weeks before she was finally murdered.

This is another sad tragic case where a sexual predator took a beautiful life. It happens way too often.

In a tiny community like they lived in it isn't hard to know what the victim was doing and her schedule. He only lived 15 miles from her and probably had hunted around the Bobo land for years. No one knows the rural backwoods/roads better than a hunter, imo. Even his creepy photo on FB shows him all geared out in camo.

And in small communities someone will know someone that knows someone. I am sure a lot of people knew Holly was attending college and had morning classes. And if he was going to target her (imo he did) he could easily find out all he needed to know about Holly.

IMO

I always thought this case was fairly simple. In every case I have followed on WS people usually come up with very complicated, involved, dramatic, theories about what happened... I remember some here about Holly that involved some mystery jet flying out of the airport at midnight going to Arabia or some such. In reality, the suspect turns out to be someone rather mundane and predictable - a local, that, in such a small community, could be considered a "neighbor". While I am sure there is more to the story yet to come out, I seriously doubt Holly's death was part of some vast international conspiracy, etc.

Perhaps, I think, people want these deaths to be somehow more meaningful if they occurred as part of something big and dramatic and important on a larger scale. It kinda sucks (more) when you realize that its just another killing done by a local druggie over ultimately nothing :(

Exactly.

In the end the wild theories were just that, wild theories. Most cases are very simplistic. Not once did I buy into those complex theories. I knew instantly that something very bad had happened to Holly and there was a very good likelihood she would wind up being a victim of homicide.

If we read who usually kidnaps and murders the stats say 42% of the time it will be someone in the local community that may have known OF or about the victim, such as a neighbor or a distant acquaintance, etc..

While I do feel Holly knew OF Zach Adams due to his infamous notoriety, I do not believe she ever associated with him or anyone in his circle of friends, ever.

It is very common for a sexual predator to go out and kidnap and murder someone who would not normally ever be in his/her presence in day to day life. Imo, the very thought he can choose any victim he wants is part of the thrill and control factor they feed off when doing things like this.

The more unsuspecting the victim is the more chance there is for him to pull it off.

So in the end this is just another innocent young woman who had a sexual predator come into her world, and take her hopes, dreams, and life away.:(

I did think the real suspect would turnout to be a local who knew all about the Bobos surroundings.

My best friend and her son was murdered by her husband..... during court they never showed a picture of her alive. I was so upset.... I wanted the jury to see pictures of her holding her children...see the love in hers eyes . He got to dress up and look nice for the jury... but her no the only pictures the jury seen were from the crime . He shot her in the face! Of course i wanted them to see what he did to her but also see her as a person not just the victim.She was beautiful to us but that wasn't what I wanted them to see... I wanted them to see her in pictures being a mom, a friend and seeing the good person she was. I feel showing pictures of the victim is fair. If they can't show the victims pictures then I feel they shouldn't let the murderer be seen in court.. only let them see his mugshot! When its someone close to you.... seeing them the way they were before is a lot easier on the heart. I'm happy to say he sits on deathrow in angola. So before and after pictures in her case didn't change the out come. I feel Holly will get the same justice as my friend did.

This broke my heart to read this.

I am genuinely so sorry for your great loss of your best friend, gnsndr33.:heart:

May the knowledge of knowing he is on death row now bring you some semblance of peace.

I know it will never bring your best friend back to you but it is good to know that justice was served.

As for "infamous notoriety" -- excuse me what fresh hyperbole is this? Parsons TN 2349 + Darden TN 399 + Decaturville TN 863 = 3211. Small yes, tiny, no, plus lots of ground covered. Automatically to consider Zach Adams the "kingfish" of this manor seems slightly willful -- esp. if we credence his mother's allegations of mental problems. World Leader Pretend Adams, his storage of pearls of wisdom intact, may be a bit of a laughingstock, really, able to shoot his mother and dog but unable actually to kill either. If Holly was involved with this low-fus life-us, it was because she learned of some more dangerous operation in the illegal sphere of matters, and a misplaced "favor" may come back to haunt the real movers and shakers.

Other than possibly trying put some shame on LE or anyone simply saying "I told you so", what good does it do, or what does it accomplish to debate that point now? ZA has been arrested. It's all about convicting him now.

It is common knowledge that in that small community there has been "hearsay" as to who is responsible. You cannot convict on hearsay. There still is a lot of "hearsay" going on locally. In many cases it has been detrimental to the investigation in that they had to run down a lot of theories and unsubstantiated rumors, wasting a lot of time not to mention causing undue frustration.

So why at this point in the case we are discussing when hearsay came about or for that matter what type of cammo he was wearing I don't find helpful in getting this convicted. JMO's

It accomplishes nothing. I think this does equally as much good as speculating on what the police does or does not have without them releasing any info imo. I don't think their was a "debate" as you say. All I posted was the fact "wow people were posting in October 2012 with Za's name". I did not know that. I shared with the people who I think all have a emotional attachment to this case and want to see justice as well.

I'm not trying to bad mouth LE. My cousin is a detective in an upstate NY police department, I have nothing but respect for them.

A friend of mind from highschool murdered someone in our town where nothing bad every happens. We all hung out with him at local parties right when it happened. He met the guy at a part of 20 year olds and they made a transaction that went south apparently. They knew he did it from the start, instantaneously, but it took them months to gather the evidence they needed to charge him. I know that's normal. I'm not faulting them at all.

I found what I was reading was pretty amazing, and shared. Which I guess I shouldn't have. I sorry. I said I'll drop it. What else can I do but build a time machine and go back in time?

I think one of the reasons he got away with it for so long is he was known as a drugged out meth supplier and user. The violence he perpetrated against women, were women known to him in his inner circle. He did not have any past criminal record showing up that he went outside of his comfort zone to abuse other women who weren't associated with him.

Although I am not sure he got away with it for so long. I believe the TBI/FBI has had him in their radar for quite awhile and silently doing a long extensive investigation all along.

I also believe in a rural community with what seems like a really big meth problem, domestic violence might not be a "big issue" or "common" and their most likely are too many individuals who could have been responsible based on arrest record to make it easy to profile anyone.

In the rural communities I know, domestic violence is something that doesn't get you blackballed from society either, and all too acceptable.

As for "infamous notoriety" -- excuse me what fresh hyperbole is this? Parsons TN 2349 + Darden TN 399 + Decaturville TN 863 = 3211. Small yes, tiny, no, plus lots of ground covered. Automatically to consider Zach Adams the "kingfish" of this manor seems slightly willful -- esp. if we credence his mother's allegations of mental problems. World Leader Pretend Adams, his storage of pearls of wisdom intact, may be a bit of a laughingstock, really, able to shoot his mother and dog but unable actually to kill either. If Holly was involved with this low-fus life-us, it was because she learned of some more dangerous operation in the illegal sphere of matters, and a misplaced "favor" may come back to haunt the real movers and shakers.

LOL! I will admit that I don't quite understand all of your post. Maybe I need more coffee this morning or a decoder ring. :)

Communities collectively of only 3000 people is still a small community. All the locals seem to know ZA and about his past criminal history. I don't think he was keeping it a secret either. Holly's best friend said Holly knew OF Zach Adams but never associated with him. That makes sense. Law abiding citizens try to void druggies and career criminals. like the plague they are.

Well we can only go on facts and the fact is at this moment Zach Adams IS the BIG Fish and ONLY 'fish' in Holly's aggravated kidnapping and murder since he is in jail right now facing those charges and awaiting trial.

I have seen nothing that says Holly was ever involved or even hung around "with this low-fus life-us." Where did you read that?

I have seen nothing to support that Holly had seen something illegal either.

Nor have I ever heard his mom say he had mental issues. I did read that she said her other incarcerated son was mentally challenged. Using meth is not mental illness............it is a choice ZA made to do.

Or is your post just one of the wild theories that have been tossed about since the beginning of this case?

I also believe in a rural community with what seems like a really big meth problem, domestic violence might not be a "big issue" or "common" and their most likely are too many individuals who could have been responsible based on arrest record to make it easy to profile anyone.

In the rural communities I know, domestic violence is something that doesn't get you blackballed from society either, and all too acceptable.

I don't know about other small communities, but I do live in a small community in the south, and if anyone commits domestic violence here they are immediately arrested, and charged. No longer does LE take any DV lightly. They know one type of violence can lead to more elevated violence. Most murderers have a criminal history showing violence and ZAs violence is perpetuated against women.

Here, even if the victim wants back out later on and doesn't want to press charges because they are fearful of their attacker, the DA still brings the case. Using the photos of the beatings/injury of the victim, and statements she/he made at the time, along with other witnesses that may have seen the DV occur.

I don't think anyone took ZAs crimes lightly. He has 25 arrests and a 14 page rap sheet and it has even grown since then.

IMO

I don't know about other small communities, but I do live in a small community in the south, and if anyone commits domestic violence here they are immediately arrested, and charged. No longer does LE take any DV lightly. They know one type of violence can lead to more elevated violence. Most murderers have a criminal history showing violence and ZAs violence is perpetuated against women.

Here, even if the victim wants back out later on and doesn't want to press charges because they are fearful of their attacker, the DA still brings the case. Using the photos of the beatings/injury of the victim, and statements she/he made at the time, along with other witnesses that may have seen the DV occur.

I don't think anyone took ZAs crimes lightly. He has 25 arrests and a 14 page rap sheet and it has even grown since then.

IMO

Now that's ^^ the way is should be! Makes me wonder again what went wrong such that ZA was allowed to be on the loose considering all the things now said about him!?

I do hope they have solid evidence, and that it's not a case of wanting to arrest someone before up coming 3-year anniversary of her kidnapping....

Pardon me for :lurk: and not participating. Just wanted to offer some thoughts.

<snip>
"Authorities have not said whether her body has been found, but prosecutors say they believe Bobo died during the kidnapping, snuffing out the family's hopes that she could be alive."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/03/06/holly-bobo-student-death-tn/6136361/

IMO they could not make that determination that it was during the kidnapping unless it was based on the age of remains they found. Otherwise there is the possibility she was kept alive and murdered recently, especially if they had no physical evidence. Blood on a knife or other indications would not give a timeline. IMO

I believe they told the family but would not make it public until after anthropological and DNA testing is done which could be months. IMO

I believe the Brays rolled over on ZA with exact information which prompted the assault on Amber Bray While her brother was being investigated/interrogated re the pearl heist.

MOO

LE/DA is never going to divulge publicly the actual evidence they have against Zach Adams, but it has to be strong evidence pointing directly at him for the DA to say he is considering the death penalty.

Imo, they arrested him and charged him with aggravated kidnapping and murder of Holly because they have evidence in their possession showing he was the one.

IMO

I suspect some info will come out once the actual court proceedings, discovery period, etc. starts up. Everyone is in a hurry but this is going to be a slow process. I cant see a tril for at least a year, especially if ZA waves his rights to a speedy trial. You could be looking at a trial in 2016 then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrismatte