HOLLY BOBO on Nashville's Channel Four 4-29-13

Status
Not open for further replies.
at this point if they were to find holly alive and healthy i still don't think we'd ever figure out what happened to her.

BBM:

I hope we would, should she be able and willing to communicate with the world what she endured during her disappearance. But I wouldn't blame her or the Bobo's if they never wanted to speak to a single other person ever again.

If she is located deceased; in a twist of irony- persons missing and found deceased are required by law to 'speak' volumes of the truth via ME's, LE, SAR, the media, and the various Judicial branches of our system.

That said, Hope for Holly still lives strong inside me.

My prayers to the Bobo's for this latest bit of disheartening 'illusion' of humanity. I say again to the Bobo's:

Dear Bobo's, on my very life I swear to you that there are honest, good, hard working, caring, intelligent, and motivated people from every walk of life, and with many resources available, working to bring Holly home to you. We cannot carry your pain for you, but we can walk side by side with you silently, and you will know we are there.

These good people by your side will not give up, not will they ever leave you alone in the darkness, pain, and fury you must be experiencing.

Let's look toward a new positive- perhaps this latest cruel debacle will bring awareness to Holly'case- and some of the the prosecutorial dangers associated with investigations of MP cases everywhere.

In hope-
Oriah

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/TB...-Bobo-Case-False-207905111.html?m=y&smobile=y
Snipped-read more

TBI Alleges "New" Information in Bobo Case False
Story Updated: May 17, 2013

Holly Bobo

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said that they have determined the non-profit organization “Without Warning” did not investigate the case of missing Tennessee woman, Holly Bobo, to law enforcement standards as reported by Nashville television station WSMV which aired several stories during newscasts this month as well as a special documentary which aired May 12, 2013.

According to a news release, each member of the private investigative team admitted to TBI Special Agents, that they regurgitated information they had heard and read in order to talk about the case on television.

Officials went on to state that “the founder of ‘Without Warning,’ Sheila Wysocki, wrote in an email to a TBI Special Agent, ‘You all have to realize that we have been able to make any story surrounding this case a ratings winner and online success which was the goal. In return, someone may come forward to be the hero and give you all the right information to resolve this case.’

Each member of the team allegedly stated the information provided to them came from the victim’s family.

Perhaps I am being naive.
But until we hear any comments from the station or the group
I am going to give them the benefit of doubt.
Maybe I am reading the above out of context. If there goal was to put this cold case back into the spotlight than they succeeded in doing just that.
Something we wish would happen on a lot of cold cases.
But if they put out a lot of false information just to grab headlines for themselves and to better there situation financially for the future in whatever way,
Than I will get my torch and meet you all at the castle.

Nope no one has ever been named and there is just a hazy description of the suspect (that has changed a couple of times).

Still with all this bizarre stuff there has to be kernels of truth in all of it. The family did talk to these groups/channel. The family did do reenactments, etc. For example the shots showing what Clint would have seen through the window have to be based on fact. The cell phone ping story was also mentioned by Nancy Grace 2 years ago, so there may be some truth to that too.

I am not necessarily convined the TBI is doing the best it can too. Remember when they asked that search group to come in from Texas and they said evidence WAS found. Then they said sorry the word "was" was a typo and it should have said "was not". Sheesh. Its like the pot calling the kettle black here.

I would love to know where the recently printed ping info came from. Also, if the "finding" of that purse was somehow done as a hoax to set up this series of reports? Or was that truly a bizarre coincidence?

I never did believe the statement that this woman had "solved" six cold cases, or whatever it was. If so, one would think they would be specified, IMO.

I am not buying anything that anyone is selling on this case.

Holly....where are you?

I am so disappointed to learn that this was all a "ruse", but am hopeful that the culprit got REALLY nervous when the dash cam video was mentioned!!! So nervous, in fact, that he starts making mistakes that lead LE to Holly!

In light of recent revelations, now that whole Purse Episode plays out like a prequel to what followed.

Hm. "Ratings winner."

Perhaps I am being naive.
But until we hear any comments from the station or the group
I am going to give them the benefit of doubt.
Maybe I am reading the above out of context. If there goal was to put this cold case back into the spotlight than they succeeded in doing just that.
Something we wish would happen on a lot of cold cases.
But if they put out a lot of false information just to grab headlines for themselves and to better there situation financially for the future in whatever way,
Than I will get my torch and meet you all at the castle.

From the above mentioned article:

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/TB...-Bobo-Case-False-207905111.html?m=y&smobile=y

<TBI&#8217;s investigation into Holly Bobo&#8217;s disappearance is open and ongoing. Multiple TBI Special Agents are assigned to work on the case which they do not consider to be a cold case. There is a $85,000 government and private citizen reward fund for information leading the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for Holly Bobo&#8217;s disappearance as well as a reward being offered by a Memphis citizen urging the subject turn himself into authorities for $100,000 and a $250,000 reward for Holly Bobo&#8217;s safe return. Information about Holly Bobo&#8217;s disappearance should be reported to 1-800-TBI-FIND (1-800-824-3463). >

This is not a cold case per the LEA directly in charge of Holly's case.
Contrary to popular belief 'Cold Case' does not necessarily mean a file someone has pulled out of a dusty vault somewhere from 6 months, 2 years, 5 years, 10 years, 40 years ago.

I think it has a lot more to do with evidence collected at the time of the crime and during the investigation immediately following the crime; and whether or not that evidence has potential in the future- either through tips, through the evidence itself, through new forensics in the works, etc etc.

Imvho, Holly's case is NOT cold at all, and never has been. Different? Yes. Odd and atypical? Yes. Poorly reported? Absolutely. Poorly investigated? Possibly. But cold? No.

believe and others...you were absolutely right. I retract my statement that this recent information was less reliable than coming from LE but more than if it was simply MSM. Even if it's accurate, unfortunately at this point, I just can't put any faith in it. Just bizarre to me. I wonder if it wasn't some perverse way to try to get TBI to come public with more information by making them refute the info they put out there.

What I still do find frustrating is that TBI has 27 volumes of documents but the information they have released can fit on one note card....that's cut in half. I also wish the TBI was as good at locating missing people as they are at outing PI's or PI wannabe's. I know, not a fair statement, just a wish is all.

I had always thought that Clint was looking out the kitchen glass door window that morning. In the re-enactment, he was looking out the small window directly into the carport..not the kitchen door window. He had a very clear view but he was peeking, lifting up one slat of the blind. I don't know why he described silhouettes, but it is what it is. We now know that he heard Holly speak to the perp while they were both kneeling down.

Maybe it is just as simple as it has been stated-maybe Holly's disappearance is an active, dynamic, ongoing investigation and there is no room for civilian quarterbacking. Unfortunately the Bobos may be outside of the loop for the duration, but there are other ways that they can bring attention to Holly's case and keep her profile high in the media.

My heart completely breaks for them.

There is a $85,000 government and private citizen reward fund for information leading the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for Holly Bobo&#8217;s disappearance as well as a reward being offered by a Memphis citizen urging the subject turn himself into authorities for $100,000 and a $250,000 reward for Holly Bobo&#8217;s safe return. Information about Holly Bobo&#8217;s disappearance should be reported to 1-800-TBI-FIND (1-800-824-3463).

Please, call. Her family has suffered...

So, basically, is the entire purpose of this thread invalidated now? I mean, was any of what the PI passed on to the media based in fact? If we want rumors and conspiracies, we can always go to Blink's website...

So, basically, is the entire purpose of this thread invalidated now? I mean, was any of what the PI passed on to the media based in fact? If we want rumors and conspiracies, we can always go to Blink's website...

I guess so.

I still can't believe this case......

SO much more information then other missing persons cases but not the RIGHT information that can help lead to Holly.

Unless of course LE knows who did it and can't do anything or doesn't have enough evidence to convict. :( IDK.

I know I can't put any stock into the information that came out at all. And that ticks me off because I thought that at least the ping information was accurate because they could get that from the carrier. Now, I don't trust any of it.

We were even told that the team put Holly's SIM card in their phone and it worked.
We were told Clint was strip-searched.
We were told there was a 15 minute stop at New Prospect Cemetery.
We were told where the dogs started and stopped tracking.
We were told there was a waiting car.
We were told what and where evidence was located...notebooks, lunchbag, cell phone, etc.
We were given a timeline (it was totally crazy and made zero sense).
The Bobos fully participated in the program.....and when interviewed by the TBI, the team members said they took their information from the family.

You really can't make this stuff up. Can you? So is anything true...at all?
Frustration is mounting....so many mistakes made....

The one (and perhaps only) person my heart breaks for is Holly.

I don't consider the thread invalid. We have Clint re-enacting that day. When we think about it, we should all have known the pings were a farce because, in that area, they can't pin down exactly where they were. The hired team said they were traveling back roads. It may be a fact but that would be based on a guess not phone pings.

Clint has relayed information and for that I'm glad.

Internal emails turned over to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation by women’s advocacy group Without Warning indicate the group knew some of its findings were false but put them out anyway, TBI spokeswoman Kristin Helm said.

Article Here

Additionally:

“When you have this much misinformation out in the community, it is that much more difficult to get the truth out of people who might have good information,” Helm said.

WW has chosen to point the finger at the Bobo's and Channel 4 has chosen to point the finger at TBI.

Neither sourced their information adequately as far as I am concerned. No PI group worth their salt is going to take the information provided to them by a single source and run with it. And as for the news station, their standard for fact checking is pretty low.

Can I ask how they would have been able to access a physical piece of evidence like Holly's SIM card? What a mess. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member