HOLLY BOBO on Nashville's Channel Four 4-29-13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder about the receipt reportedly found near I-40. I don't remember learning about that prior to this new investigation. Does anyone know anything about it? Not that it would probably contribute much...

I wonder about the receipt reportedly found near I-40. I don't remember learning about that prior to this new investigation. Does anyone know anything about it? Not that it would probably contribute much...

I wonder about the receipt, too. I have been trying to find the cemetery shown in the video, New Prospect Cemetery, but I can't find it on Google maps. Anyone else find it?

I wonder about the receipt, too. I have been trying to find the cemetery shown in the video, New Prospect Cemetery, but I can't find it on Google maps. Anyone else find it?

Yes, I think I found it on Presley Ridge Rd.. I learned that it I also called Prospect Cemetery. Sorry I can't link, but if you put prospect cemetery decatur county tn into google maps it will take you there.

Are there pics on the web or google streetview of this graveyard? Maybe there is a lot of tree cover and the perp was waiting there listening to the scanner or checking out his map or something.

I am assuming that entire area around the graveyard has been searched.

I don't know how to post the Google Map screenshot but I think I have matched the route on the map in the video fairly close. There is a Prospect Road near the interstate so I am wondering if that is where New Prospect Cemetery is, although it wasn't marked on Google Maps. With the route that I made it is approx 17 miles from the Bobo's to Prospect Road and Google estimates 44 minutes. With a 15 minute stop that would be an hour just to that point if the cemetery is indeed on that road. He was probably driving a lot faster than what they expect on Google.

If someone would like to instruct me on how to post the map that would be great. I would like to learn.

I don't think this is a serial offender, at least not someone unknown to her. There seemed to be too much time and interaction between them before they walked off. I doubt she would be just talking to a complete stranger in that way.

I am not so sure about that.

I think someone would talk to a perp who was threatening then (or their family/friends) in order to comply, regardless of whether they knew him.

He had a plan, he waited, and he executed it.

JMO

"Without Public Safety for our Families, we have nothing"..
"How do they sleep at night"?

From the article;

So, Holly Bobo and the man in camouflage disappeared into the woods and vanished. But what about those woods? Did Holly Bobo and her abductor actually disappear into the woods, or did something else happen?

"We believe he may have had a gun or knife, and they continued up this path. On the other side of these woods there is a logging road where you can easily park a vehicle. The dogs, we know, pursued and then stopped. Why would they stop right there? Because the odds are she got into a vehicle," Mike said.

It's a theory backed up by, of all things, a map. Holly Bobo's abductor forgot to turn off her cell phone, so with GPS tracking, that phone can be tracked along a strange, back roads journey that ends in a surprising and upsetting possibility.

The map shows that if police had immediately blocked four roads near the Bobo home, they would have likely caught the abductor in the act.

At the time of the abduction, I was in Tennessee and was following the abduction very closely from the start. I seem to recall that there was evidence that the abductor may have had an ATV vehicle near that old road or hidden in the woods. It's a pretty rural area and very heavily wooded - whoever he is, he had it planned well. It couldn't have been a stranger thing - he knew he was going after Holly. There are so many what ifs in this case, it's just tragic. What if the brother had run out side to see what was going on? What if the police had immediately issued an Amber alert and set up roadblocks? What if there had been helicopter searches immediately? It was early spring and it was raining heavily that whole week. There was a lot of mud and so much evidence could easily have been washed away leaving the trail through the woods cold. I've never forgotten Holly and hope there will be resolution this case.

I don't know how to post the Google Map screenshot but I think I have matched the route on the map in the video fairly close. There is a Prospect Road near the interstate so I am wondering if that is where New Prospect Cemetery is, although it wasn't marked on Google Maps. With the route that I made it is approx 17 miles from the Bobo's to Prospect Road and Google estimates 44 minutes. With a 15 minute stop that would be an hour just to that point if the cemetery is indeed on that road. He was probably driving a lot faster than what they expect on Google.

If someone would like to instruct me on how to post the map that would be great. I would like to learn.

You could post the link.

I hope the special next Sunday is more in depth as to what is in the hot pink folders. ;)

Another thing, a great possibility exists that if the abductor did initially use an ATV then the 15 minute lag in time would make sense as he would have loaded the ATV into a van or pickup truck that he had parked near the cemetery. These were theories that were thought about at the time but now seem even more probable.

Ok- For sure he had some vehicle on that logging road, IMO, but can you ATV people educate me?

The ATVs I have heard around here are LOUD. Way louder than a car. Are there quieter ATVs? I would think that people would have heard an ATV leaving the scene, but a car parked a ways away behind trees might not be heard.
What do you all think?

It's hard to say because we don't know how far he walked her through the woods to the road and maybe down the road. We know the dogs lost the scent at the road but don't know how far the road is from the house through the woods. Also, these are sounds that are common in those parts. It's rural - people are going to work during the day, there aren't many people around necessarily to hear anything.

Also, if you go to the google map and switch it to earth, you can get a very clear view of exactly what the terrain looks like.
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...Q&mra=dpe&mrsp=4&sz=13&via=1,2,3,4,5&t=m&z=13

Kind of OT, but it says on the AMW site that Holly's natural hair color is brown. If her family believes she is alive, this could be important as it seems doubtful that she would allowed to dye her hair in captivity and it would be fully grown out by now. Maybe the "blond" aspect should not be such a focus.

I understand it's not confirmation from LE, but is it safe to say we now know or have confirmed:

1. Blood(Per DB, it's Holly's)
2. Lunch box
3. Notebook
4. Receipt
5. Cell phone
6. Sim Card
7. Dogs did in fact lose the scent at the road.

We also know a general direction of travel due to the phone remaining on. Did I miss anything?

Kind of OT, but it says on the AMW site that Holly's natural hair color is brown. If her family believes she is alive, this could be important as it seems doubtful that she would allowed to dye her hair in captivity and it would be fully grown out by now. Maybe the "blond" aspect should not be such a focus.
That her hair is not naturally blonde and may have grown out to a brown shade, and that she has a space between her teeth, without her retainer, which she does not have?
This could be extremely important, of course!

http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/case.cfm?id=77784

Is it known if Holly was aware Clint was home? I thought I read that Clint usually isn't home at that time but was that day. So I was just wondering if Holly knew?

Does anyone have HB's exact address? I can't recall and I'm trying to get an idea of the perp's escape route behind her home and the logging roads that I cannot seem to find just glancing over the general area. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998