Home Schooling

Teachers say they want the Covid-19 vaccine before they head back to the classroom (nbcnews.com)

"I don’t understand why we have to risk our lives when we’re so close to a vaccine," a Chicago teacher said.

CHICAGO - Children who have been marooned at home for months by the pandemic are slowly returning to classrooms, but many teachers say they won’t go back until they’ve received the Covid-19 vaccine.

Especially in Chicago, the nation’s third-largest public school district, where teachers who were supposed to return to classrooms Wednesday worked from home again and are once more threatening to strike...

Strong evidence in-person schooling can be done safely, CDC says (nbcnews.com)

A CDC roadmap emphasizes mask wearing and social distancing, and says vaccination of teachers is important but not a prerequisite for reopening.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced a long-awaited roadmap for opening the nation's schools on Friday, saying that in-person learning can be done safely amid the pandemic. The CDC strongly urges states to vaccinate teachers, although it's not a requirement for schools to reopen.

The guidance emphasizes masks, physical distancing and cleaning classrooms as ways to prevent the spread within schools. The CDC calls the guidance an "operational strategy" but it is not a mandate for schools to open or close...

I think that well-informed and reasonable parents will not send their kids to school. They'll do whatever it takes to at least wait and see what happens.

More desperate, less educated parents will send their kids back if the schools are open. This means that the essential workers' kids and kids from families where there is greater risk of COVid will be in the classroom.

Here in California, we have two patterns (not uncommon in other states): year round school and schools that start in August. Almost no schools wait until after Labor Day, although this year, they certainly should.

The precautions have already been set forward by the CDC and by independent researchers. But school districts don't own or have the budget to buy PPE or Hepa filters or to do any of the other things suggested (including lower class size).

I think some people think a teacher can actually be in a real world class and teach kids at home at the same time (but that is nearly impossible). The real world teachers are encouraged or required to spend the first month or so of school teaching the kids how not to infect each other, supervising new kinds of recess activities and of course, staggered arrival and lunch schedules. IOW, the schools themselves will not be functioning as normal, it will be relatively chaotic and when employees or kids get CoVid, most districts will shut the school down for cleaning (as if that's the main problem) for at least 2 days.

So education will be intermittent and work will be disrupted for those parents who do need schools as childcare.

Almost no schools are considering a truly hybrid situation (where the non-attending half of the students are required to be online at home). There are tremendous difficulties in getting various kids in one family online at the same time.

What is clear: some states and districts are about to run uncontrolled experiments on children of all ages. Really, 10 and unders are at fairly low risk (although I would never send my child).

High school students are going to transmit CoVid asymptomatically to their teachers, each other and to their broader families. They need to stay home (they also do much better than younger students at online learning).

It is also very important to pay attention to the quality of teaching and those services that provide various student assistance services. For example, before using this or that service, I always study reviews and information about it. For myself, I have identified a company assignmentbro.com/us/marketing-assignment-help which is one of the most reliable on the market and which helps me in completing marketing tasks, which are very often difficult.

I absolutely agree with you

Reactions: Kk1

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member