Hope Sykes arrested 1/20/2010

"LaRue says the youthful offender statute is for young people who are pressured or led astray by peers."
http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2010-04-27/story/cousin-haleigh-cummings-father-sentenced-15-years-drug-trafficking

This may have been discussed already - I haven't caught-up reading here. Would Misty qualify for this? Just as I was typing this NG just stated "no" -Misty won't qualify - anyone else know? I'm thinking due to Misty's age, she could claim she was led astray by Ronald... TIA!

:seeya:

Bombshell tonight ~ Message to MC, you're got getting drug court, or youthful offender, you will do hard time ~ 15 yrs. + $250 fine for Hope Sykes (one count) in drug case. Family breaking down then turning angry toward camera in open court. Is HS now set to be the secret weapon against MC in Haleigh's disappearance. Atty: TC knows Haleigh's killer.

Holy smokes...

Going over Susan Powell's case. BTW, from what I read last night in Susan's forum, this is not her body that they found.

TomC atty: TC can ID H's killer

did i hear that right?

BBM: Sorry but I just don't see an o.d. as a theory anymore. Not with the word killer being used and with LE looking for a murder weapon.

So Misty was 18 when she was arrested for the drugs, but if that arrest is her first time getting in trouble wouldn't that have something to do with her sentencing?

I'd think so. According to the statue posted earlier, the court "may" sentence her as a youthful offender. Prior convictions or lack thereof are a big factor. The court gave Sykes a chance and she blew it. If it's Misty's first time around she'll probably get a break - 6 years I'd guess.

Looks like NG has videos of today's court proceedings. Did y'all see where Hope said she didn't mean what she said to her mom on the tapes?

Oh, back to Haleigh's case.

Going over Susan Powell's case. BTW, from what I read last night in Susan's forum, this is not her body that they found.
You're right! The remains were identified as somebody else.

Sorry mods, I think I started a thread when I meant to post a response. so Sorry.

Hope gets over a DECADE in prison.

Nancy says the judge brought down the hammer! Message to MC.

When hope says on the call..You think I'm bad now wait till I get out.

She's right. You don't meet the best of people or get any good life lessons in prison imo.

How does she get her hair like that from behind bars? (Kimster made me turn it on- I wanted to see Hope in court :blushing:)

Sorry mods, I think I started a thread when I meant to post a response. so Sorry.

Hope gets over a DECADE in prison.

Nancy says the judge brought down the hammer! Message to MC.

When hope says on the call..You think I'm bad now wait till I get out.

She's right. You don't meet the best of people or get any good life lessons in prison imo.

IMO she wasn't going anywhere anyway.

Hopes other co defendents are tommy and Misty only.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I think Hope is right on her phoner when she says Misty had the pills cause she copped two pills and tried to blame the guy she bought them from.

Yep, true true. Silly Hope should of fought this charge!

will t co-defendants be more willing to talk now?

NG: judge brought down hammer; apparently Not a plea deal
HS is a big talker

OMG ~ HS in court today! :eek: Well, good for the judge!!! :clap:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members