Housekeeping requests (was called New forum ideas)

Would there be any way to get the girl who looks like Rachel Trlica to get her own post to compare photos? She's been lost in the main thread, I think.

We're still working on pulling them out of the general thread. Give me some post numbers and I'll get her thread started for you. :)

We're still working on pulling them out of the general thread. Give me some post numbers and I'll get her thread started for you. :)

Thank you! Here are the numbers I've pulled so far. I'm at work, so I'm only able to look sporadically. If I find more later, I'll let you know.

Thank you! Here are the numbers I've pulled so far. I'm at work, so I'm only able to look sporadically. If I find more later, I'll let you know.

Those aren't matching up, are they? :waitasec:

I'll start a thread for Rachel and maybe we'll copy some posts rather than move them?

Since one of Alcala's m.o.'s was destruction of the victim's face and head (I've read reports that some victim's face's and head's were "smashed in"), I think it may be worthwhile to have a thread for unknown/ unidentified victims who suffered the same- especially those found in desert locations.

You may have already covered this, though.

Since one of Alcala's m.o.'s was destruction of the victim's face and head (I've read reports that some victim's face's and head's were "smashed in"), I think it may be worthwhile to have a thread for unknown/ unidentified victims who suffered the same- especially those found in desert locations.

You may have already covered this, though.

Great idea! Right now I'm focused on getting the general discussion thread pics made into individual threads. If you'd like to start a thread on that topic, please do!

I'm leaving for awhile and BeanE is in charge. :wink:

Oh Lordie!

Okay, I'm just going through the old thread and trying to find posts that still need threads created for them.

Poke me in any way that's easiest to move posts - alert button, post in here, post in a thread, visitor message, PM.

Hi Beane,

The following posts go together, but they are of two separte pics

Idea for new thread: there are a lot of threads where we're trying to date the photos, via art, record albums, cars, camera, film etc. Should we have a thread that just says "Dating the photos" and put them all in there?

Idea for new thread: there are a lot of threads where we're trying to date the photos, via art, record albums, cars, camera, film etc. Should we have a thread that just says "Dating the photos" and put them all in there?

That would be great to start building a library of dating references. We could make it a sticky if that would be helpful.

Those aren't matching up, are they? :waitasec:

I'll start a thread for Rachel and maybe we'll copy some posts rather than move them?

Hmm...am I doing this wrong? I just look up in the right-hand corner to see the post number. Now I get

Hopefully these will work for Rachel Trlica.

BeanE:

These all belong together: 95, 214, 215,222,223,224,226,227,228,257,258,260

(Man, you're good!)

Hmm...am I doing this wrong? I just look up in the right-hand corner to see the post number. Now I get

Hopefully these will work for Rachel Trlica.

I'm having the same problem. I spent a good deal of time gathering the following post numbers to add to the thread "Long haired brunette girl with red necklace" and double-checked them to now find they're off by one or two numbers!

This is very frustrating. Do posts disappear from the large thread when they are moved to sub-threads?? If that's the case, then it appears useless to try to look up post numbers from the big thread, they'll always be changing, and the results will be wrong. Is the large thread eventually going to lose many of its posts? That should not happen, IMO.
The original thread should be preserved in its entirety.

Anyway, here are the numbers I found to move to "brunette with red necklace" thread. I'm not sure they're accurate at this point:

64 (63?)
96 (95?)

As posts are being moved, other post numbers are changing maybe? Might be better to copy and paste the links to the posts that need moved instead of the post numbers alone.

You can also just click the alert button on the post you need moved, and type the new thread name into the alert box. I can pick them right up and move them that way and you won't have to copy the post links.

As posts are being moved, other post numbers are changing maybe? Might be better to copy and paste the links to the posts that need moved instead of the post numbers alone.

You can also just click the alert button on the post you need moved, and type the new thread name into the alert box. I can pick them right up and move them that way and you won't have to copy the post links.

Are the posts that are moved still remaining also on the original thread? I hope so.
I don't like the idea of destroying the integrity of that thread. That should be part of the record, too.

Are the posts that are moved still remaining also on the original thread? I hope so.
I don't like the idea of destroying the integrity of that thread. That should be part of the record, too.

Hi Joe. Kim tried it with copying rather than moving, but it proves to be a post management problem. So now we're moving the posts out of the original thread and into their new threads. It's going to take some work and reviewing of the original thread to get everything into its right spot, but I think in the end it will be easier to work with as we go along.

Let me know what I can do to make the process easier for all of you.

I'm going through and collecting the link numbers for all the posts above before I move them so I'll still have the links after the post numbers change. So don't worry about getting the links for the posts above.

What about posts from the original thread that have to do with more than one photo and/or missing persons? I've seen some posts that discuss multiple persons, photos, and other things seen in different photos? How are those going to be classified?

Are we going to end up with a separate thread for each UID person? It's not going to be easy for me to know from a thread title exactly who is who, unless the title is VERY specific. There are lots of people in these photos.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of separate threads, since the discussion of each case can then be isolated. I just hope nothing falls through the cracks in the process. I could see the possibility of an important clue linked in a post somewhere being stuck on a thread devoted to an entirely different subject. Also, if we're posting on a specific thread (e.g. brunette with red necklace), doesn't that mean we now have to compose our posts with ONLY info, speculation, etc related to that specific individual? Some of the better posts on the original thread dealt with multiple subjects in one post.

Another concern is, if the original thread is going to disappear, how many sub-threads are now going to be needed to cover all possible subjects relating to these photos? Not only persons, but inanimate objects, backgrounds, foliage, autos, TV's, recording equipment, cameras, etc.
The same backgrounds, albums, etc have been seen in different photos of different people.

What about posts that have nothing per se to do with a specific photo, but rather speculation about Alcala's comings and goings, motives, possible connections with other known killers, etc.? Do they go under "Timeline" now?
How many new threads are we going to need to cover every possible topic of speculation regarding him and his victims. Where do I go if I have a thought regarding these ideas? Do I post these on the original thread?
Is the original thread now more suitable for miscellaneous musings?

This could get very complicated in a hurry. Sorry for all the questions.

Hi Joe. I left a note for Kim a little bit ago. I'm stuck. What I was trying to do won't work, and I think we are going to have to copy the posts rather than move them. I just haven't been a mini-mod long enough to know the software well enough to know what's best to do right now.

I'm so sorry to hold up the works. :(

BeanE

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11