How Did LE Clear BD?

Just finished reading BeanE's latest entry here:

http://casesignal.wordpress.com/2011/02/10/hailey-dunn-message-from-peter-kampfer/

Wowee wow wow! :eek:

Looks like we need to re-name this thread!

:waitasec: Why would we need to rename the thread based on this. Kampfer doesn't state Billie has not been cleared? Maybe I missed something but I just read what was on the link. He states that SA is one of the POI's but he does not mention BD at all. We can assume she maybe one of the several but it's not stated or known as a fact.

:couch:

I also bet LE loves that SA has gotten on the band wagon,
of speaking to the Media...

I would think them moving back in together would also help...

It is easier to do "Reconnaissance" on one house...

He has mentioned several POI's before. Several, really? Doesn't several mean around 7? A few means around 3 etc. That's alot of POI's.

:waitasec: Why would we need to rename the thread based on this. Kampfer doesn't state Billie has not been cleared? Maybe I missed something but I just read what was on the link. He states that SA is one of the POI's but he does not mention BD at all. We can assume she maybe one of the several but it's not stated or known as a fact.

:couch:

The thing is allegedly he told the paper last week she had been cleared so had NO reason not to put that in his email back to her today. The fact that he skirted the question..for no reason IF she had been cleared is pretty telling IMO

"Person of interest"
Has no legal definition, but generally refers to someone law enforcement authorities would like to speak with or investigate further in connection with a crime.

Verses

“Suspect”
The investigation of the person by the law enforcement officers who is believed to be the one who could have committed the crime.

He has mentioned several POI's before. Several, really? Doesn't several mean around 7? A few means around 3 etc. That's alot of POI's.

IMO, a few and several just means simply more than 2. I believe these words are often used interchangeably. Now, had he said "many," I think that would have suggested more than 3!

My money is on 3 POIs---that's "plenty"!

IMO, a few and several just means simply more than 2. I believe these words are often used interchangeably. Now, had he said "many," I think that would have suggested more than 3!

My money is on 3 POIs---that's "plenty"!

Yep...."I seen a 3" too.

I'm not sure what to make of PK's reply to Bean E. IMO it could go either way, as he did not answer her question, but repeated what we already have heard many times. SA is a POI and there are others (POI) being looked at as well.

It would be helpful if LE would give a case status PC. When was the last time PK or any other LEO gave an on-camera interview?

Yep...."I seen a 3" too.

My money's on 2. "A few" is a phrase I would likely choose if it were 2.

I would know saying "1" may lead people to believe, under the current climate, that someone else had been cleared, when they hadn't, and lead to taking off the pressure I wanted on that person.

Saying "2" would cause more frenzy in a public that currently already is frenzied, and may lead to danger for those two people.

"A few" is not too big, not too small, but just right.

It lets the public know there're more than one, so I keep my obligation regarding the public trust, but remains just vague enough to keep disaster at bay, keeping my obligation to public safety (particularly if I hadn't issued a single warning to the public about protecting their children).

I think the wording included "in the disappearance of her daughter". Maybe she is not ruled out completely, as far as possible other factors, obstruction, etc? I am just guessing.

This is a true statement once LE are sure that Hailey didn't 'disappear'. She was possibly hidden, disposed of, maybe even murdered.

BD has been ruled out only as part of the disappearance.

In the world of PR, it's called dialling back the message.

I'm not sure what to make of PK's reply to Bean E. IMO it could go either way, as he did not answer her question, but repeated what we already have heard many times. SA is a POI and there are others (POI) being looked at as well.

It would be helpful if LE would give a case status PC. When was the last time PK or any other LEO gave an on-camera interview?

I'd say he answered BeanE's question by NOT answering her question. :)

He could have easily cleared up the confusion over Billie's status as a POI, and chose to, ironically in true BD fashion, to skirt the issue.

Can you think of a good reason PK would avoid stating she has been cleared, if that is indeed the case?

I do agree that a case update would be helpful - at least to us. But something tells me LE is being extremely careful not to tip their hand at this point.

My money's on 2. "A few" is a phrase I would likely choose if it were 2.

I would know saying "1" may lead people to believe, under the current climate, that someone else had been cleared, when they hadn't, and lead to taking off the pressure I wanted on that person.

Saying "2" would cause more frenzy in a public that currently already is frenzied, and may lead to danger for those two people.

"A few" is not too big, not too small, but just right.

It lets the public know there're more than one, so I keep my obligation regarding the public trust, but remains just vague enough to keep disaster at bay, keeping my obligation to public safety (particularly if I hadn't issued a single warning to the public about protecting their children).

ITA

You know BeanE, next time you want the real scoop from PK, you should offer to take him out for some margaritas and boot-shoppin'...:D

Seems to me that they would have to believe reports of at least one of the people seeing Haylie that day in order to rule BD out since she was at work. For all they know, the both of them could have done something to Haylie the night after the brother last saw her, but left no evidence of foul play. I don't see how they can rule anyone out unless there is a really good alibi, and they know without a doubt when Haylie went missing.

LE is better off not naming BD as a POI. She talks to media and has daily contact with LE. If named a POI, she would most likely shut down. Each time she talks such as on the recent blog radio recently, I am sure LE was listening and taking notes.
IMO once SA is arrested, there will be plenty of reason to arrest BD shortly after. I doubt he is going to protect BD. We will find out how much he actually loves her.

I'd say he answered BeanE's question by NOT answering her question. :)

He could have easily cleared up the confusion over Billie's status as a POI, and chose to, ironically in true BD fashion, to skirt the issue.

Can you think of a good reason PK would avoid stating she has been cleared, if that is indeed the case?

I do agree that a case update would be helpful - at least to us. But something tells me LE is being extremely careful not to tip their hand at this point.

I hope you're right. That could mean LE is closer to knowing what happened to Hailey than we, the public thinks.

But PK did say recently to a reporter that BD was not a POI. So how is it helpful when the answer depends on who is asking the question? Just expressing my frustration with the wishy-washyness of this case, not aimed at you Velouria.

BBM

I don't agree with that. :floorlaugh: I think she very much is and LE is playing games.

Which ever way it is about BD, her life will never be the same and always in turmoil. She is either guilty of the crime or the cover up or is so dumb and loves the person who is guilty. If she is not guilty in the crime or the cover up I feel sorry for her for being so betrayed by the one she loves. No way would I want to be in her shoes.

BD said that if she learned that SA had done something to HD she would be "disgusted" and "never speak to him again". So I guess since she is still speaking to SA that he never did "'something" to HD. But clearly, somebody did do something, as HD is not in her house.

How would LE clear Billie? What would they need in order to clear her?

They'd have to have solid proof that she was not in the vicinity of Hailey at any time Hailey could have been harmed or abducted.

When you look at the circumstances, you see clearly that it's simply not possible for LE to clear her right now.

Unless, of course, they are banking on Shawn's good word that he was with her all night Sunday night, until she got to work Monday morning, and Shawn promises, Scout's honor, that she didn't do nuthin' to Hailey.

Or maybe instead of Scout's honor, it was cross his heart and hope to die, stick a needle in his eye, and they tested that out, and his eye was okay.

Nothing would surprise me at this point.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back