Votes: 98 16.7%
  • One day

Votes: 201 34.2%
  • Two days to a week

Votes: 277 47.2%
  • Longer than a week

Votes: 11 1.9%

• Total voters
I don't have a good feeling about this. Remember, the world is watching this trial. These jurors are now in the spotlight but only until they come to a verdict. If the jurors are fed up with this trial they will have a decision Monday or Tuesday. If any of them are enjoying the spotlight or have ideas of writing a book etc. it will drag on much longer. A couple weeks possibly. The longer they take the more conversation for the media interviews afterwards and better story for the book deals. Furthering my concern is their decision NOT to deliberate today (Saturday) considering this was only a 3 day work week for them. They had Monday and Tuesday off. Why not go ahead and get started?

however one of the pictures has a time on it...that is the time they will decide
However long it took her to slaughter him will be the time verdict is
decided.
Juan said how long according to the time stamps on the pictures, how long from time he was alive until the time she killed him.
I'm guessing they will deliberate about 2-3 hours? I do hope she is guilty.
Not a hung jury...:twocents:

If it's murder1, I think we'll get the verdict by Wednesday or Thurday morning. If not, we may ended up with a hung jury.

I don't have a good feeling about this. Remember, the world is watching this trial. These jurors are now in the spotlight but only until they come to a verdict. If the jurors are fed up with this trial they will have a decision Monday or Tuesday. If any of them are enjoying the spotlight or have ideas of writing a book etc. it will drag on much longer. A couple weeks possibly. The longer they take the more conversation for the media interviews afterwards and better story for the book deals. Furthering my concern is their decision NOT to deliberate today (Saturday) considering this was only a 3 day work week for them. They had Monday and Tuesday off. Why not go ahead and get started?

They have been saying on HLN that they are not allowed to deliberate on weekends. There is no security at the courthouse and there is no money to pay for baliffs, etc over the weekends. So that is not the jury's fault. I think they probably want to get started and would have loved to work over the weekend but it was not an option for them. :(

I think we will have a verdict late Monday or early Tuesday. Murder 1, premeditated

Monday, May 6, between 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. we'll get word a decision has been reached.

Aggravation phase to begin Tuesday, May 7th.

Just moo

10 hours is my bet. so we should have a verdict Tuesday.

:seeya: Morning !

So ... the jury got to deliberate for almost 1 hour yesterday - 5/3/13 - until the courthouse closed at 4:30 ... and they will start back up on Monday at 9:00 a.m. to continue deliberations ...

IF they are ALL in agreement for 1st Degree Pre-Med Murder, I think there will be a verdict by 12:00 pm ... for a total of appx. 4 hours ...

IF they are NOT ALL in agreement, they will be there on Monday -- maybe Tuesday ...

IF they go past Tuesday, it will probably be a "hung jury" ...

This case is a "no brainer" ... but ya just never know with juries !

MOO !

I expect there to be a verdict on Monday. Probably after lunch but before the end of the daily schedule (4:30).

There has to be a verdict by Wednesday because I have a hair appointment on Thursday morning and want to be able to discuss it with my stylist to whom I introduced the case in January. She's followed it since then and has talked to both DH and I about it.

They have been saying on HLN that they are not allowed to deliberate on weekends. There is no security at the courthouse and there is no money to pay for baliffs, etc over the weekends. So that is not the jury's fault. I think they probably want to get started and would have loved to work over the weekend but it was not an option for them. :(

I think we will have a verdict late Monday or early Tuesday. Murder 1, premeditated

You are correct about the reason for no weekend deliberations. Ironic, isn't it, that there is no money for bailiffs and court staff yet the State of Arizona has paid millions to the DT and clowns like Samuels and Laviolette?

I think deliberations will go 2 days to a week. I don't believe it is going to be the slam dunk that it should be. In fact, I had a very strong intuitive feeling at the end of trial today that she will be convicted of manslaughter. I hope I am wrong.

I've had that also.

Though - as this trial is to determine degree of guilt (rather than guilt of the crime) - I'm going to suppose that the jury will start with a division of people in 3 categories: Murder 1, Murder 2 and Manslaughter.

Someone who is convinced of Manslaughter may be persuaded to vote Murder 2 (but seldom Murder 1).

Someone convinced of Murder 1 may be persuaded to vote Murder 2 (but seldom manslaughter).

So, based on my wee little brain turning - I'd say they'll either be hung (and I dearly hope that doesn't happen) - or they'll return with Murder 2 within a week (give or take).

But - all intuition aside - I think it's incredibly difficult to know what a jury is thinking or how they're deliberating. The one thing I'm convinced of - based on questions and facts - they will NOT acquit. I can't see that even being an option.

Up to a week... to reconcile the gun vs. knife first issue which I believe they will polarize on before being able to move on.

So I heard on CNN that closing arguments are finished. Does that mean deliberations start now? I haven't been able to keep up with the case and real life lol and I know very little about court proceedings

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

So I heard on CNN that closing arguments are finished. Does that mean deliberations start now? I haven't been able to keep up with the case and real life lol and I know very little about court proceedings

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

After the three alternate jurors were selected, the jury got the case with about 50 minutes left to deliberate before the 4:30 close for the day. They will meet to continue deliberations on Monday from 9:00-4:30 (schedule set by the jurors). The alternate jurors will report, also, but will stay in a different room from those actually deliberating the case.

Up to a week... to reconcile the gun vs. knife first issue which I believe they will polarize on before being able to move on.
As long as they decide it wasn't self-defense, gun vs. knife first really doesn't matter. Still overkill, premeditated, and cruel either way.
I used to think gun first- I think she held the gun on him while taking the shower photos, now I think the gun jammed, and it was the knife first and gun last as the ME has described.

As long as they decide it wasn't self-defense, gun vs. knife first really doesn't matter. Still overkill, premeditated, and cruel either way.
I used to think gun first- I think she held the gun on him while taking the shower photos, now I think the gun jammed, and it was the knife first and gun last as the ME has described.

I hope they don't stumble on this issue. It WILL be a part of deliberations obviously. I hope too that they can see that it was still cruel premeditated murder either way. The Pinellas 12 keep creeping into my thoughts and it makes me feel a bit nervous. On the brighter side, I think the Pinellas 12 were a freak anomaly and not the norm. ;) Murder1, murder1....my mantra this weekend.

I hope they don't stumble on this issue. It WILL be a part of deliberations obviously. I hope too that they can see that it was still cruel premeditated murder either way. The Pinellas 12 keep creeping into my thoughts and it makes me feel a bit nervous. On the brighter side, I think the Pinellas 12 were a freak anomaly and not the norm. ;) Murder1, murder1....my mantra this weekend.
You can tell by the jury questions and the court observers observations that they are attentive, that they are not the Pinellas 12. The Pinellas 12 were people who had no interest in current events, especially the stupid woman who "refused to judge". It makes me so mad that she was ever allowed on a jury, because jurors are supposed to judge. Being judgmental is not a bad word. We do it everyday. Juan and Beth Karas are confident of a guilty verdict by Mon., and that's all we need for now, a Death Sentence wouldn't be out of the realm soon after that.
And we can rejoice in that there will be no more trashing of Travis and hearing that awful sex tape ever again.

You can tell by the jury questions and the court observers observations that they are attentive, that they are not the Pinellas 12. The Pinellas 12 were people who had no interest in current events, especially the stupid woman who "refused to judge". It makes me so mad that she was ever allowed on a jury, because jurors are supposed to judge. Being judgmental is not a bad word. We do it everyday. Juan and Beth Karas are confident of a guilty verdict by Mon., and that's all we need for now, a Death Sentence wouldn't be out of the realm soon after that.
And we can rejoice in that there will be no more trashing of Travis and hearing that awful sex tape ever again.
I hope Travis is fully restored his human dignity at the end of this ugly trial. He will finally be able to rest in peace...to be fully rid of her and her assaults upon him. Restoration of Travis' memory as a fantastic and wonderful human being will give the family the most meaningful closure which they deserve. Seeing Jodi carted off to prison will be the icing on the cake.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back