How would we know if TH was no longer the 'de facto' suspect?

We're starting to bump heads in here again. Please refrain from making comments about other people's right to have opinions and stay on topic.

Heads Up Everybody,

Talk about the topic, what it says, what your opinion is, how you feel about the whole thing. Don't attempt to convince other posters that this is right or wrong. Let them make up their own minds.

I think what i got from the last PC when LE spoke about certain things, that there will be an arrest in Kyron's case, and they are just wrapping things up so to speak. I think that they have done some re organising within the case, because they are going to put something more definite out there to the public soon. That is kind of the gist of things as i saw it anyway. I think along with TH there will be others also that they will arrest in due course of this investigation. JMO.

If you ever watch the show Cold Case Files, you'll realize there are plenty of suspects in the world who were never formally charged but also never completely cleared.

LE would never pronounce her "cleared" on the outside chance that new evidence might emerge in the future.

JMOO

Is there any clarification in what her lawyer said about her being a "de facto" suspect. What does this mean exactly?

We might suspect something if LE starts obtaining search warrants and releasing flyers and trying to get information about someone who is not Terri and has nothing to do with her.

I also just realised it was not Houze that made that comment either, about her being a de facto suspect!

Could be very advantageous for LE to make everyone think a certain way... As they say in the western part of the neighborhood I grew up in : Every closed eye ain't asleep.... Just a thought.

All JMO

bunch not houze called terri de facto. just wanted to get this info into this thread in case there is confution.

In addition, her divorce attorney Peter Bunch acknowledged in court papers filed for Horman this week that she is a 'de facto suspect" at the center of a police investigation.

http://theworldlink.com/news/local/a...e7f9abe66.html

Bump!

Thank you- Jadejazzkayla! I hadn't really noticed that it was the divorce lawyer and that's a very important distinction, IMO...Thank you for pointing that out.

The only way we would know if TH wasn't the sole POI would be if LE said so. Given the minimal facts we have of Kyron's disappearance, I can't say that will ever happen. IMO, given these facts, there would have to be some kind of revelation in the case for anyone else to be a POI. I don't see that happening. I think we have a long court battle ahead of us.

Remember Jaycee Dugard's stepfather, incidentally named Terry (ha!), said that he went all those years thinking he was still considered a suspect until the day Jaycee was found. LE told him, after the fact, that he hadn't been considered a suspect in a long time. But, of course, LE never specifically told him or even apparently the rest of the family that because there were people on Jaycee's mother's side who still had hard feelings and continued to suspect him up until last year.

So, my guess is....no. We would not know explicitly that she was eliminated unless they had first hand, hard evidence to eliminate her. Hopefully, this one will not take 18 years to resolve.

Isn't the very definition of judgmental to come to a conclusion? I don't know why that is being presented poorly in this post, or as a put down to those who have looked at what's been presented and come up with a conclusion. If it's shown to be incorrect later - then we re-evaluate at that point. I don't think there's anything wrong with thinking she is, or should be the suspect.

Respectfully, I have to disagree with this premise, to assume guilt and apportion blame because one thinks a person could be guilty is wrong even if we "feel" there is no one else it could have been. It shouldn't be alright to almost destroy a persons life, lay bare their innermost secrets, open their private lives to the most salacious scrutiny and then say "Oops!! sorry I was wrong," that life can never be the same again.

We'll know when someone else is arrested or Kyron is found, whichever happens first. The only unfortunate thing is either of those could take awhile.

Ramseys?

I agree with you, though. Even if they find someone else committed this crime, there are people who will never believe Terri had nothing to do with Kyron's disappearance.

The phenomena behind this intrigues me. I've made vague references to the Elizabeth Smart case when posting about Kyron's case, but otherwise I never followed it online or posted about it. I was convinced, utterly convinced, that Ed Smart had done "something" to Elizabeth Smart. Even now, all these years later, I know that Ed Smart had nothing to do with his daughter's disappearance and all the horrible things that happened to her, but I have to consciously remind myself.

Honestly, the Smart case as well as other times when I've rushed to judgment and have been wrong, are among the many reasons I've learned to slow down. If Terri is guilty, there will be plenty of time to discuss that, but if she's not, I don't want to contribute to the destruction of an innocent, albeit troubled, woman's life. If I may:

Yiddish folklore offers a telling tale about gossip-makers. One such man had told so many malicious untruths about the local rabbi that, overcome by remorse, he begged the rabbi to forgive him. "And, Rabbi, tell me how I can make amends."

The rabbi sighed, "Take two pillows, go to the public square and there cut the pillows open. Wave them in the air. Then come back."

The rumormonger quickly went home, got two pillows and a knife, hastened to the square, cut the pillows open, waved them in the air and hastened back to the rabbi's chambers. "I did just what you said, Rabbi!"

"Good." The rabbi smiled. "Now, to realize how much harm is done by gossip, go back to the square..."

"And?"

"And collect all your feathers."

But doesn't anyone think her lawyer, Houze, with his expertise would notice a change/shift or even loss of interest in his client? And, if so, might he tell her that based on his experience it seems that the focus has shifted and she can resume or try to recover from the tatters of her life? And if that happened, knowing TH's "blunders" in the past (not assigning guilt but I think we can all agree she has made some bad, or at least questionable choices) wouldn't you expect her to start talking, even a little? C'mon, she's been cooped up for a loooong time. She has to come out sooner or later and if Houze is the one that says she can do so because somehow he feels the pressure is off her, I think she will start telling her friends and they will tell their friends, and they will tell their friends...

Sorry for the rambling. Doesn't anyone see this as a possibility?

We'll know when someone else is arrested or Kyron is found, whichever happens first. The only unfortunate thing is either of those could take awhile.
Yes,I agree.When someone else is arrested.

Yes,I agree.When someone else is arrested.

Respectfully, if you agree, you must agree with her entire statement which was, "When Kyron is found or someone else is arrested, which ever happens first."

When you say you agree it implies agreement, not just picking half of what was said, and making it seem that you both said that.

Actually, in an either/or choice, one gets to then .......er, make a choice.

We may be over-analyzing now :)

Actually, in an either/or choice, one gets to then .......er, make a choice.

We may be over-analyzing now :)

But it's not really a choice any of us here get to make. Unless we are God, or the person who took him. I took what she wrote as saying either side may be correct in what they suspect. Saying "I agree" but only quoting half of it changes the entire quote. (imo)

Personally, I think we will know Terri is no longer a "de facto suspect" when she goes out in public on a regular basis, lives her life as a normal person, and fights for visitation (at least) with her daughter.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back