Human Head Found In Luggage

A Haitian woman who was found with a human skull in her luggage pleaded guilty Wednesday to illegally storing human remains.

Myrlene Severe, 30, a permanent U.S. resident, had originally been charged with smuggling a human head into the United States without proper documentation, failure to declare the head and transporting hazardous material in air commerce.

Severe could have faced up to 15 years in jail. Under a plea deal, she now faces a maximum sentence of one year in jail.

"She is glad that part of it is over," her attorney, Kenneth Hassett, told The Miami Herald. "She is anxiously awaiting the sentencing for closure. We are cautiously optimistic as to the result."

http://www.courttv.com/people/2006/0413/headsmuggling_ap.html

OK, I still have many unanswered questions...Like whose head was it? Where is the rest of the body? Do they have a Voodoo take out joint full of heads in Haiti? A drive through like Mc Donald's? Did she did it up? Was is a relative? What did they do with the head? Was it marked into evidence? How did they store it? Was it fresh? Frozen?

She got stopped at the airport just when she was trying to get ahead. :waitasec: :waitasec: :waitasec: Sad . . . :(

Marine Mom said:
Myrlene Severe, 30, a permanent U.S. resident, had originally been charged with smuggling a human head into the United States without proper documentation, failure to declare the head and transporting hazardous material in air commerce.

http://www.courttv.com/people/2006/0413/headsmuggling_ap.html

I don't see how they can put out a story like this without mentioning what the proper documentation IS for smuggling a human head. I mean how will everyone else know what to do?

Jeana (DP) said:
I don't see how they can put out a story like this without mentioning what the proper documentation IS for smuggling a human head. I mean how will everyone else know what to do?

My first thought is that it wasn't in the correct luggage. A bowling bag would have been more "fitting."

Linda7NJ - I'll have an order of fingers to go with that head, please. :D I hear they're running a special on shrunken heads this month.

Marine Mom said:
My first thought is that it wasn't in the correct luggage. A bowling bag would have been more "fitting."

Linda7NJ - I'll have an order of fingers to go with that head, please. :D I hear they're running a special on shrunken heads this month.

Did you ever see the movie "Crazy in Alabama"??? Tupperware works great too. ;)

:laugh:
Jeana (DP) said:
The reporter should be fired!

Jeana (DP) said:
Did you ever see the movie "Crazy in Alabama"??? Tupperware works great too. ;)

Missed the movie... but I can see using a lettuce crisper. Don't forget to burp the lid. ;)

Linda7NJ said:
:laugh:
The reporter should be fired!

We're going to find out that his head was removed by CONSENT so she can't be charged. Like the "nuts in the freezer" story. :crazy: :crazy:

I had a mental image of a shrunken head in a bowling bag when I read this. I thought the passport thing was pretty darned lame in view of such a sick probable crime...
Like someone said, where is the rest of the dead person, who were they, and what happened to them?

Could she not also be charged with desecration of a corpse?
And isn't there some Homeland Security regs against carrying a biohazardous substance onto an airplane? I think they take biohazards on planes very seriously now.
I would consider a head, shrunken, preserved or fresh to be a definite biohazard. Yech. :confused:

"Did anyone put anything in your luggage without your knowledge?"

That is the question they asked me, each time I traveled. I said I didn't know.

I suppose if they'd asked if I had any heads in my luggage, I'd have had to say yes, lots of heads. On every piece of money. ;-)

Wow, I've heard of losing your heart (in San Francisco) but your head - at the airport. Puts new sincerity behind, "Gee, I'd lose my head if it wasn't attached" too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back