Hundreds Of Sharks Spotted Along Atlantic Beaches

Sorry Autumn....da dum da dum dum dum dum dum:D .
Those things are the reason I stay in the carpark when we go to the beach

Jeana (DP) said:
I've never heard of a Lemon Shark before. If you squeeze one, will you make lemonaide? ;)
They say there is only one way to find out! :D

narlacat said:
Omg Dingo, that pic just jumps out at you!..imagine seeing that heading in your direction :eek:
Believe it or not I caught one of them but it was quite a bit smaller, but it had me going for about half an hour before I could get it near the boat, then when my hubby gaffed it, it got of my line. It put up a good fight and won in the end.

Shazza said:
Believe it or not I caught one of them but it was quite a bit smaller, but it had me going for about half an hour before I could get it near the boat, then when my hubby gaffed it, it got of my line. It put up a good fight and won in the end.
Pull the other one....it playes jingle bells:crazy:

Dark Knight said:
That's probably a goldfish to you Aussies, lol!
Not to me DK....thats one big fishie......and they just love our waters.....thats why I stay in the carpark:p

Peter Hamilton said:
Sharks will be gone tomorrow or the next day--They're just passing thru--but all the same I don't think I'll be doing any swimming right now lol even though the ocean temp is a pleasant 75 degrees

Pleasant 75 degrees - brrrrrrrr. Too cold for this wimp. I know you are in Florida PH, but where, again? I'm in Seminole, near St Petersburg.

BTW, passing through on their way to where?

LionRun said:
I would love to get up close to a big shark (Great White, Tiger, Bull), providing I was in a safe situation. Then again that probably wouldn't surprise anyone here. That would be me with my hand on the underside of Mr. Sharkster there.

But, what I would love to do most is to meet a pod of dolphins in the wild.

Lion
There is a place called Monkey Myer Island {I think thats what its called} in Australia where you stand in the shallows on the beach under supervision by rangers and the dolphins come right up to you and you can feed and touch them.
Another place in Queensland called Sea World you can be lucky enough to swim with the dolphins.:cool:

Now, that is one thing I must put on my list of things to do if I ever get to travel to Australia!

kimba

Shazza said:
There is a place called Monkey Myer Island {I think thats what its called} in Australia where you stand in the shallows on the beach under supervision by rangers and the dolphins come right up to you and you can feed and touch them.
Another place in Queensland called Sea World you can be lucky enough to swim with the dolphins.:cool:

LionRun said:
Now, that is one thing I must put on my list of things to do if I ever get to travel to Australia!

kimba
You would really enjoy it and its called Monkey Mia.

Shazza said:
You would really enjoy it and its called Monkey Mia.
Thanks shazza shazzam:blowkiss: . I will remember that, and if I can't, I can just research the name here on WS.

kimba

LionRun said:
Thanks shazza shazzam:blowkiss: . I will remember that, and if I can't, I can just research the name here on WS.

kimba
Your welcome, if there is anything else I can help you with just holler.;)

FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla. -- A crew aboard a shrimping boat were rescued after a group of bull sharks rammed and bit the vessel until it eventually sank off the Florida coast, according to an Associated Press report.

Captain Roger Schmall said a group of sharks had been slamming into the Christy Nichole's hull for four days. But then a 14-foot bull shark broke the boat's tail shaft, leaving Schmall and his crew of two adrift about 100 miles off the coast.

Schmall radioed for help, and another vessel picked the crew up about two hours later.
http://www.local6.com/news/10942485/detail.html

Now that is like something right out of the movie Jaw!

Shadow205 said:
FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla. -- A crew aboard a shrimping boat were rescued after a group of bull sharks rammed and bit the vessel until it eventually sank off the Florida coast, according to an Associated Press report.

Captain Roger Schmall said a group of sharks had been slamming into the Christy Nichole's hull for four days. But then a 14-foot bull shark broke the boat's tail shaft, leaving Schmall and his crew of two adrift about 100 miles off the coast.

Schmall radioed for help, and another vessel picked the crew up about two hours later.
http://www.local6.com/news/10942485/detail.html

Now that is like something right out of the movie Jaw!

that is out of jaws. YIKES! I swam in the ocean many times off of the coast of florida throughout the years. The only thing that happened was I was stung by a jellyfish. And the other time I was tossed around pretty bad off my raft and swallowed a ton of ocean water. Im scared to go in the ocean anymore.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48
Back