Hunter Tylo's Son dies/drowns in pool

i sometimes watch her soap, B & B on my lunch hour. just this last week her character on the show gave birth to a baby boy. what sad irony.
I am a fan of Bold and the Beautiful and we have just found out that she is pregnant, and might not even be her baby but Brookes, is it.

On a serious note Hunter and her family have been through some trying times, prayers to her and the family.

This is really sad. It bothers me that in cases like this that they don't rule the COD as epilepsy or seizure disorder. They need to change that in a way so it's on record such as seizure/drowning. I read a recent journal of medicine report released about this where the number of deaths aren't accurately recorded when they are accidental but directly related to seizures in cases just like this.

This is really sad. It bothers me that in cases like this that they don't rule the COD as epilepsy or seizure disorder. They need to change that in a way so it's on record such as seizure/drowning. I read a recent journal of medicine report released about this where the number of deaths aren't accurately recorded when they are accidental but directly related to seizures in cases just like this.
Not sure what you mean, but the COD isn't a seizure, it is drowning. Epilepsy and seizures themselves usually don't kill. Why would you want to make it appear that they do? if the COD were recorded as epilepsy that would really throw the numbers off. This IS an accidental death by drowning.
Just trying to understand what you mean. thanks.

I'm so sorry to hear this. She and his loved ones must be devastated. RIP Michael.

We had a death by drowning due to a seizure in our high school family. The young woman was not supposed to take baths unless someone was outside the door checking on her by talking every so often. Anyway, she took a bath one evening without telling anyone and had a seizure. :( :( :( :( It makes me so sad talking about it. I've also heard of this happening when showering. The person fell and covered the drain and ended up drowning that way. :(

(((tezi))) You and you're family are in my prayers.

JBean, I know you worry about your son. I keep him in my prayers too. :blowkiss:

Not sure what you mean, but the COD isn't a seizure, it is drowning. Epilepsy and seizures themselves usually don't kill. Why would you want to make it appear that they do? if the COD were recorded as epilepsy that would really throw the numbers off. This IS an accidental death by drowning.
Just trying to understand what you mean. thanks.

Because it is a fatality directly related to the seizure. The reason being more money is spent on research and better treatment and medication as well as social programs. As it is now because 80% of persons with seizure disorders are effectively treated more money isn't being spent to help the 20%. Many causes such as choking to death, heart failure, sudden unexplained death, the list goes on are directly caused by the seizure but not recognized as so.

It is a life threatening illness that many people do not realize. The medications used to control them can be life threatening and can cause other illnesses such as Lupus. Some have success in controlling the seizures for an aproximation of 7 years and then the meds become ineffective. It's things like this that are still unknown so there are still a lot of cases where it's untreatable.

Granted, much more is known and better meds than 20 years ago but the remaining percentage still suffer and it isn't enough to motivate the drug companies to continue to develope better medication.

Would he have fell in the pool and drowned if he hadn't had a seizure? The guy that fell into the subway that was saved?

ETA: Just wanted to clarify that my position initially stated in my post was for a compromise so that the cause is more accurately recorded such as drowning/seizure so it is made known that's what happened. It's only fair.

Because it is a fatality directly related to the seizure. The reason being more money is spent on research and better treatment and medication as well as social programs. As it is now because 80% of persons with seizure disorders are effectively treated more money isn't being spent to help the 20%. Many causes such as choking to death, heart failure, sudden unexplained death, the list goes on are directly caused by the seizure but not recognized as so.

It is a life threatening illness that many people do not realize. The medications used to control them can be life threatening and can cause other illnesses such as Lupus. Some have success in controlling the seizures for an aproximation of 7 years and then the meds become ineffective. It's things like this that are still unknown so there are still a lot of cases where it's untreatable.

Granted, much more is known and better meds than 20 years ago but the remaining percentage still suffer and it isn't enough to motivate the drug companies to continue to develope better medication.

Would he have fell in the pool and drowned if he hadn't had a seizure? The guy that fell into the subway that was saved?

ETA: Just wanted to clarify that my position initially stated in my post was for a compromise so that the cause is more accurately recorded such as drowning/seizure so it is made known that's what happened. It's only fair.
I am still not sure what your ultimate goal is strach. I am not trying to be argumentative, I don't know what you are after. Are you saying more money would be dedicated to research if the cause of death was a seizure?SUDEP is the only cause of death that I know actually caused by a seizure.( doesn't mean that is true, just the only one I know of) The seizure isn;t what killed him so it wouldn;t be a cause of death.
Sort of like if I fall off a ladder, and land on my head, the cause of death is head trauma not falling off a ladder.
Doesn't the manner of death clarify that in the case of epilepsy? It would be labeled as accidental or natural and then related to seizures.
I am very interested in what you mean Strach. I am all for money for research.
My son is 20 and epileptic and yes the meds have changed significantly in the last 20 years. I kept him unmedicated for 16 years because the meds were so lousy and harmful. When he was a baby, I refused treatment because the side effects of the meds were worse than the seizures themsleves.

He is medicated now as an adult so he can drive and hold a job. But as a child he didn't have to do either of those things and was constantly supervised anyway.

Maybe they do list it in the cause of death Strach. Just taking a quick snoop around the internet I found this:
For example, a 48 year old woman has a breast lump removed; following a number of years, the cancer re-appears in her bones...chemotherapy follows...she later dies with pneumonia. Breast cancer is the underlying or proximate cause of death and pneumonia is the immediate or dependent cause (or mode) of death

Maybe deaths like this are recorded in this way with a proximate COD (epilepsy)and an immediate COD ( drowning)

Thanks for the food for thought.

You know what, I remember when Mickey was born. I used to be big into soaps and read Soap Opera Digest and I remember when he was born and I remember thinking Mickey was a cute nickname. Wow, this is so sad. Prayers for Hunter and her family!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back