Hurricane Irma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prepare, prepare, prepare....NOW.

This storm is intensifying. It has plenty of fuel in the warm waters. The hurricane hunters found pressure dropping...its at 946 with possibility of dropping below 900. The eye wall continues a replacement cycle which is a sign of increased intensity.

http://spaghettimodels.com

88d336fbbbbd40f70c8a6691fd142ba5.jpg
9d3ffdeeb532536c91b0b7c6dd35914a.jpg
062418e9569ffa3bfde683f305ec16cc.jpg
85d8af1fb3cdf561ef83d2dc1a8e2967.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Please tell me my gut is wrong about this scenario (all from my fatalistic imagination, of course): Irma initial continental US landfall somewhere between Miami/Boca Raton pushing west. Then Irma heads west out to the Gulf as she exits Tampa/Sarasota. Then she intensifies as she hits the Gulf but the low atmospheric pressure drives Irma upwards and east back into FL trekking Orlando/Gainesville/Jacksonville vicinity. And from there, up into the eastern seaboard. In essence, Irma has made a big loop through Florida. A loop and then out but hits both FL coastlines and north central FL along the way! Not to even mention GA and the Carolinas before she fizzles. Ugh!

Hopefully, this is just a bad daydream.

Please tell me my gut is wrong about this scenario (all from my fatalistic imagination, of course): Irma initial continental US landfall somewhere between Miami/Boca Raton pushing west. Then Irma heads west out to the Gulf as she exits Tampa/Sarasota. Then she intensifies as she hits the Gulf but the low atmospheric pressure drives Irma upwards and east back into FL trekking Orlando/Gainesville/Jacksonville vicinity. And from there, up into the eastern seaboard. In essence, Irma has made a big loop through Florida. A loop and then out but hits both FL coastlines and north central FL along the way! Not to even mention GA and the Carolinas before she fizzles. Ugh!

I hope that is a bad dream too....

Man with that daydream we should have least tried my iceberg nighttime dream!!

Prepare, prepare, prepare....NOW.

This storm is intensifying. It has plenty of fuel in the warm waters. The hurricane hunters found pressure dropping...its at 946 with possibility of dropping below 900. The eye wall continues a replacement cycle which is a sign of increased intensity.

http://spaghettimodels.com

88d336fbbbbd40f70c8a6691fd142ba5.jpg
9d3ffdeeb532536c91b0b7c6dd35914a.jpg
062418e9569ffa3bfde683f305ec16cc.jpg
85d8af1fb3cdf561ef83d2dc1a8e2967.jpg

The recon stuff is amazing data --I have never seen that before

thanx

By the way, thank you to CARIIS for the idea of making my ice bags with zip-lock bags! I've made quite a few to put into my $3.99 styrophoam cooler! Yay!
m

My dear ,

The FGJDUS ( I forget what I made up!) ice program will be started here in the central fl area.

HOney you can also drop like new packages of ham and or cheese or whatever actually in a zip lock fill it with water also and freeze the whole thing - then it is encased in ice leaving cooler space for the most important survival item beer!

The cooler chilldown project will commence tomm !!

I have just realized that Henry' bathtub purchase will be arriving just in the nick of the time!
Even when we are 24-48 hours out we have to remember that they average about 250 miles off

The deal now tho is after Harvey Fl is gonna be evacuating the whole state to west coast - the state may tip and sink into the atlantic with all evacs they are going to do!

Taste you know the drill - fill up now (15 min!) aint worth the grief - I am gonna still grab some more drinking water - thinking with JOse right on her tail they may have restocking issues if they both go in similar directions.

just remembered make sure you get you garages to where they need no electric if they are separate from house.

HOney my dear - just saying for a landfall in your area you may very well see intensification right until landfall cause your water temps remain very high close to the coastline.

In addition to ice production facilitiy beginning another bill has just passed

The (GTSOOTB Act) Get the Sh#t Out of The Back fo The Car For Greater Fuel Efficiency Act will also be implemted shortly!

i am gonna let them top off air tire pressure too - might as well get the most mile for your bucks !!
And sadly, we are not allowed to forget about Jose behind her -- which will become another nightmare for someone

you can see all the Jose mess behind her here

atl_oce_sat_1280x720.jpg

most of em are born off the Africian coast

euro-africasat_1280x720.jpg

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=13605572

Henry, CARIIS, Honey and others!... Keep those posts and ideas coming!

Just contacted family that lives on one side of Florida, and told them to do a few different starting/ending days of "throw away" reservations NOW on the other side, making sure of the cancellation rules :hug: Honey

Henry, love love love how you are showing us the day to day changes etc.

CARIIS, I did the ziplocks before, but never thought to make food, such as ham/cheese etc. part of the ice block so the ice stays longer too! Great idea! Keep 'em coming!

m

My dear ,

The FGJDUS ( I forget what I made up!) ice program will be started here in the central fl area.

HOney you can also drop like new packages of ham and or cheese or whatever actually in a zip lock fill it with water also and freeze the whole thing - then it is encased in ice leaving cooler space for the most important survival item beer!

The cooler chilldown project will commence tomm !!

I have just realized that Henry' bathtub purchase will be arriving just in the nick of the time!
Even when we are 24-48 hours out we have to remember that they average about 250 miles off

The deal now tho is after Harvey Fl is gonna be evacuating the whole state to west coast - the state may tip and sink into the atlantic with all evacs they are going to do!

Taste you know the drill - fill up now (15 min!) aint worth the grief - I am gonna still grab some more drinking water - thinking with JOse right on her tail they may have restocking issues if they both go in similar directions.

just remembered make sure you get you garages to where they need no electric if they are separate from house.

HOney my dear - just saying for a landfall in your area you may very well see intensification right until landfall cause your water temps remain very high close to the coastline.

In addition to ice production facilitiy beginning another bill has just passed

The (GTSOOTB Act) Get the Sh#t Out of The Back fo The Car For Greater Fuel Efficiency Act will also be implemted shortly!

i am gonna let them top off air tire pressure too - might as well get the most mile for your bucks !!
And sadly, we are not allowed to forget about Jose behind her -- which will become another nightmare for someone

you can see all the Jose mess behind her here

atl_oce_sat_1280x720.jpg

most of em are born off the Africian coast

euro-africasat_1280x720.jpg

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=13605572

CARIIS, you make me smile with your usual good humor. (The GTSOOTB Act, indeed!)

But I know you and ATasteOfHoney, are both feeling really nervous about all this. Hate the anxiety you're both having to deal with.

I pray Irma soon turns and heads harmlessly out in the ocean. Many thoughts and prayers for both of you, and anyone else who is worried about being in Irma's path...

:tyou: for the continued updates. If you are potentially in Irma's path, be prepared to leave if you are told to evacuate. :praying: everyone will be safe.

Henry2326, what's your interpretation of those maps? I know nothing. I do know you can't tell more than 5 days out.

We're in Alexandria, VA. 8 miles south of DC. Getting nervous.

'Increasing chance' Hurricane Irma could affect Florida, NHC says

http://abcnews.go.com/International/hurricane-irma-strengthens-closes-caribbean/story?id=49608171

There is an "increasing chance" that Florida and the Florida Keys will see "some impacts from" Hurricane Irma -- which is currently a Category 3 storm closing in on the Caribbean -- later this week and over the weekend, the National Hurricane Center (NHC) said this morning, adding that it's still too early to determine what direct effects it may have.

ABC News meteorologists say at this time the possibilities of where Irma could reach in the U.S. span from Mobile, Alabama, to the Outer Banks of North Carolina, and the forecast cone of uncertainty is now very close to including parts of southern Florida and Miami.

Henry2326, what's your interpretation of those maps? I know nothing. I do know you can't tell more than 5 days out.

We're in Alexandria, VA. 8 miles south of DC. Getting nervous.
Hi- all three models, American (GFS), EURO (European), and GEM (Canadian) are consistent in proposing a Florida landfall at the tip of Florida as a very strong cat4 storm.

They propose that at the 5 day mark (last models I show). The system will take a hard turn north as it gets pulled along with a low trough. It will take it back across to the Atlantic.

GFS and EURO then agree that it will run up the coast and hit Charleston as a cat3/4. Canadian believe it will weaken and hit North Carolina/Virginia as a 1/2. Too far away to determine with any certainty.

Hope this helps.

20ef045c7f432f6bdf79f6cebea09f0e.jpg

Hi- all three models, American (GFS), EURO (European), and GEM (Canadian) are consistent in proposing a Florida landfall at the tip of Florida as a very strong cat4 storm.

They propose that at the 5 day mark (last models I show). The system will take a hard turn north as it gets pulled along with a low trough. It will take it back across to the Atlantic.

GFS and EURO then agree that it will run up the coast and hit Charleston as a cat3/4. Canadian believe it will weaken and hit North Carolina/Virginia as a 1/2. Too far away to determine with any certainty.

Hope this helps.

20ef045c7f432f6bdf79f6cebea09f0e.jpg
thank you!

Totally off topic - this post will not be organized!!

Levity break

Some examples of "why" dilemmas!

Why do people fold towels and linen! The only way to utilize them is to unfold them. I do not do this. I place them in a nice heap on a shelf and have experienced no problems!!

There is a very similar strategy with socks -- why complicate your life? When working I never had any difficuty determining the difference between black or another color.

As far as white goes buy a bunch that are identical problem solved!

Why do people sort silverware? I dont - I open the drawer and if seeking a spoon I dart my eyes around, see the wanted item and dive in for recovery!

Why do dishwashers have labeled locations for placement of dishwashing detergent? Where does this product end up? IN the dishwasher. If it is gonna end up there anyhow - why not place it right there from beginning and all is well!

Has anyone accidently placed honey in the container? Do we really need the all the signage in the dishwasher telling us that this is where "detergent" belongs-- where else would dishwashing detergent belong?

Hey maybe I am lucky and have never been confused about where dishwashing detergent goes !

Why do people arrange their pots ? (am single so maybe if someone was a family of 9 ) I have alway had the ability to know what size pot I was wanting! I employ the same survival strategy as I do with silverware!

I spin my eyes about , locate needed item and poof it is in my hand!

Why do people use opaque tupperware like items. It is my argument that see thro containers are really the winner here! WTH!

Same kinda hypothesis, generally speaking, with refrigerator organization! I know what I am in the mood for and do not need chicken here beef here !

Same strategy is utilized with spray cleaning products! I know the colors and shapes. No I do not have a "place" for Windex and another for ZaBoom bathroom cleaner!!

How many of you arrange canned food face forward? This makes much sense to me, but I often forget! I also must confess that I do feel the same way for spices! You guys are correct in this domain- it would be easier if they were facing the way you can tell what is in all the similar looking containers!

Why do smokers clean their ashtrays every two hours? In the days when many smoked ( me heavy now ) I never noticed anyone saying oh my that ashtray has ciggs in it!

If one can put garbage in a garbage can that has garbage in it - it certainly makes a whole bunch of that a smoker can use an ashtray that has some butts in it!!

I am neurotic with clean windows. Matt drove me insane with his glasses - so does my neighbor ! I certainly hope the theme of "why" is emerging.

If I cant see someone , who wears glasses , eyes because they have not cleaned their glasses I am very eager to recommend a cleaning!

The same theory applies for me with all of you with cell phones. Watching folks struggle to see their phone when it look as if someone gave their cell phone a Vaseline pet jelly rub just makes no sense to me!

WHy is important!!

Although my general personality traits have been problematic in organizing things that ought to be organized - bills etc - in most instances , as outlined here - it feels to me as if a lot of organizing is going on that could be passed on!!

If you arrange your canned good alphabetically I would drive you nuts !

I drove my father insane! UGh he is insane with this stuff. And the step witch is as bad .
God love ya but.. your post made me have massive anxiety!! Hahaha! I would need way too much anxiety meds. I drive my family nuts though. I have placement issues I think. The whole towel thing, yeah I'm positive that can't happen. All of my towels need to be coordinated, so when ever someone gets new towels or cloths, they are color coordinated in the bathroom. I have each silverware in its own separate drawer organizer ie: forks, knives, spoons, tablespoons. I have two knife blocks on my counter because I don't like the black handled ones with the wood handled ones. [emoji12] [emoji12] the list goes on! Ya know, even the open edges of pillows must be facing the same direction. [emoji23] [emoji33]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Oh dear CARIIS.....did you see Henry's post above with the latest spaghetti models?
We are S.O.L.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members