Hurricane Irma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one that is feeling that this has taken forever to at least get to the best we can do in terms of tracking

there always off some but it feels like this is just gruesome

its like a bad horror movie when they dont do the reveal for too long

17000 linemen sounds awesome would love to know where there are staging throughout the state
I'm with ya.

Two more variables to fall in place and then it's either Florida or the drama continues.

(1) how does the storm react to Cuba?
(2) does it make a turn or come off Cuba heading west?

I think there is a small chance for the door to open to the Gulf or the Atlantic....small chance but better than no chance.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

The Weather Channel just predicted the eye of the storm passing over the Lower Keys (Key West to 7 Mile Bridge), then up into the vicinity of Naples and Sunday into Monday the gulf waters pushing against the coast causing major storm surge up to 12 feet.

Paul Goodloe is in Naples.

I'm on call here in Raleigh, NC, to take in people into my two bedroom two bath apartment. One bedroom is my daughter's, but she will move into my room and use my bathroom. We are not in a flood zone nor are we on the first or top floor. We should be relatively safe. About two hundred stores are within walking distance, so they can have some independence while here. If they have a car, they can get around, and of course I'll drive them wherever they need to go. My heart breaks for all who are going through this :(. A family for whom I am training a service dog team is in it with me and is prepared to take in as many as can fit in her apartment. The folks who may come are relatives and friends of hers down in FL, so I am not too worried about taking in a serial killer, thief, etc. Lol. It is all I can do at this point. I wish I could do more. Again, to each and all in Irma's path, best to you, and may you stay safe :blowkiss",

What a kind and caring person you are! Thank you for offering up your home like that. Here you are willing to cramp your own style in order to help strangers. ( I should say strangers to you, although they're friends of someone you know. )

Definitely in my WS Hall of Fame!

Bless you too for training service dog teams. Incredible gift to the recipients...

The Weather Channel just predicted the eye of the storm passing over the Lower Keys (Key West to 7 Mile Bridge), then up into the vicinity of Naples and Sunday into Monday the gulf waters pushing against the coast causing major storm surge up to 12 feet.

Paul Goodloe is in Naples.
LOL....yep, National Hurricane just released their update at 8:00.

The models will continue shifting back and forth. It will be clearer as it comes off Cuba.

33437c1a2d228a87f1ec5f0265b66290.jpg

I'm with ya.

Two more variables to fall in place and then it's either Florida or the drama continues.

(1) how does the storm react to Cuba?
(2) does it make a turn or come off Cuba heading west?

I think there is a small chance for the door to open to the Gulf or the Atlantic....small chance but better than no chance.

Would the mountain ranges in Cuba influence the direction Irma moves? As well as lessen its power?

I'm on call here in Raleigh, NC, to take in people into my two bedroom two bath apartment. One bedroom is my daughter's, but she will move into my room and use my bathroom. We are not in a flood zone nor are we on the first or top floor. We should be relatively safe. About two hundred stores are within walking distance, so they can have some independence while here. If they have a car, they can get around, and of course I'll drive them wherever they need to go. My heart breaks for all who are going through this :(. A family for whom I am training a service dog team is in it with me and is prepared to take in as many as can fit in her apartment. The folks who may come are relatives and friends of hers down in FL, so I am not too worried about taking in a serial killer, thief, etc. Lol. It is all I can do at this point. I wish I could do more. Again, to each and all in Irma's path, best to you, and may you stay safe :blowkiss",

Whew ... you had me even more worried about possibly taking in strangers ..... until I got nearly to the end of your post. I was getting ready to prepare a thread for you under crimes. :giggle: It is very kind (and helpful) of you to take in some of the people in need.... maybe it will work out to quite a nice adventure. I am sure there will be stories to be shared.

[video=twitter;906312483995975680]https://twitter.com/wdsu/status/906312483995975680[/video]

[FONT=&quot]Hurricane Jose expected to turn northwest, winds up to 150 mph [/FONT]http://dlvr.it/Plm1Nj

Does anyone know how bad Ruskin FL is supposed to get hit? Ruskin looks to be not far from Tampa. My best friend has a friend in Florida and she's scared to death for her friend now that it has changed track.

[video=twitter;906315817637343233]https://twitter.com/BN9/status/906315817637343233[/video]

[FONT=&quot]“It’s my duty. This neighborhood has been really good to me -- It’s my time to return.”[/FONT]http://spcne.ws/QKMYn01 [FONT=&quot] by [/FONT]@JoshRojasBN9

Does anyone know how bad Ruskin FL is supposed to get hit? Ruskin looks to be not far from Tampa. My best friend has a friend in Florida and she's scared to death for her friend now that it has changed track.
Hi Willen- is your friend in zone A mandatory evacuation zone that was issued today? There is a huge concern for surge in Tampa Bay.
e781deb084828a49fd22691c8d27a22a.jpg

[video=twitter;906283188749828098]https://twitter.com/VidiLuke/status/906283188749828098[/video]

[FONT=&quot]The Hampton Inn in [/FONT]#Albany[FONT=&quot] GA keeping it classy [/FONT]#irma[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]@11AliveNews
DJPDuNmUIAA2orQ.jpg

[video=twitter;906271647426113537]https://twitter.com/StevenCejas/status/906271647426113537[/video]

[FONT=&quot]NHC: "It's not clear that it's a survivable situation for anybody that is still there in the Keys"[/FONT]

Hi all I am in Dunedin. Zone E. Riding it out at home. My house is pretty sturdy but trying to force my mom to move out of trailer in Ocala. I am terrified for her and my 18 year old baby brother. (He HATES when I call him that!) Stay safe everyone!

Would the mountain ranges in Cuba influence the direction Irma moves? As well as lessen its power?
Hi Mary, IMO, yes to both. Unfortunately any benefits from weakening are expected to be countered by strength fueled from the extremely hot water between Cuba and the Keys, and why the forecast is predicting a cat5 at landfall.

The position of the high pressure system to the north will also guide the storm off Cuba.

Hope this helps.

Hi all I am in Dunedin. Zone E. Riding it out at home. My house is pretty sturdy but trying to force my mom to move out of trailer in Ocala. I am terrified for her and my 18 year old baby brother. (He HATES when I call him that!) Stay safe everyone!

Please get them out of the trailer.

Hi Willen- is your friend in zone A mandatory evacuation zone that was issued today? There is a huge concern for surge in Tampa Bay.
e781deb084828a49fd22691c8d27a22a.jpg

yes that's Ruskin! So she's mandatory evac then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021