Hurricane Sandy updates

I am cooking dinner now !...then I guess underground for the night.....good thing that is where the bar is......lol...(not).Seriously I have 50+ year old tree to my right and behind. I love trees (tree hugger here) but, not in times like this.

bye......I will check back later. Be safe and thanks to all of you for being here at WS !

I am in Michigan and we are getting reports on the news that the storm is now moving more westward... and that the full moon will have an effect on the storm (due to the fact it already affects tides)

NBC New York ‏@NBCNewYork
#BREAKING: Verrazano, Throgs Neck, Whitestone, Henry Hudson, Cross Bay Bridges to close at 7PM.
Wow..

It's great to have the thread to hang out in as long as possible. Thank you all for the links and mor importantly the support!!

Wow thats a big wave please all my east coast family stay safe

Attachments

• 526020_10151475770663696_1415316208_n.jpg
    526020_10151475770663696_1415316208_n.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 44
Ok, now wind is picking up, rain looks like sheets that wash across the street, blowing trash. can hear gusts every couple minutes. Lights flickered once, still on. I think i'll eat while can still use the microwave. Son went to stay with GF, he's checking in by text. Lisrening to the phila police scanner online, starting to get interesting. They are working on securing an abandoned boat, and a home or storefront where the front and fence is coming off.

Stay safe and smart people!! Bring in your pets - batten down the hatches. This looks like one heck of a storm. We are thinking and praying for you!!

So...what's up with one of my favorite Twitter follows, a young guy from Reuters who is fast, accurate, and lives in Seacaucus NJ? As of a minute ago....
Matthew Keys ‏@TheMatthewKeys
Just went outside -- intense wind and rain, and it's very cold. Stairway is starting to flood in our apartment building. #Sandy

And secure those trampolines too!! 70mph straight line winds got mine -- and it was chained to the carport. Just snapped the poles cause the chain was holding it.

Long Island is in a lot of trouble right now...

Reporting that the 'cane had picked up forward momentum, will make landfall earlier than expected, but also earlier than high tide. Still, storm surge can be worse on the backside of the storm, which will be during high tide.

And, just heard from Sugar's DD...again, all my love and thanks for putting us in touch...I am far easier in my skin knowing that Mom has someone close by and who can get to her faster than I can if the need arises.

A million billion thanks, Sugar and DD...million billion.

Best-
Herding Cats

The wind is really picking up here in Maryland. Tried to open the screen door to look out and a gust just about took my door along with my arm. They say the worst is yet to come...

Here is what our Governor had to say
“We’re in the front lines of this,” said O’Malley. “Maryland is going to be dead inside this very deadly storm, and right within that swath of downed trees, downed power lines. People need to stay off the roads. If you thought maybe because the kids had the day off school you could go get haircuts or go shopping, forget it. Very intense, very dangerous storm. People will die in this storm. So folks will need to mind their families, stay home and hunker down.”

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2012/...losures-strong-warnings-from-state-officials/

And secure those trampolines too!! 70mph straight line winds got mine -- and it was chained to the carport. Just snapped the poles cause the chain was holding it.

True that. Here is a pic from our local news.

559468_10151116042009607_859550030_n.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back