Hypnosis transcription

Trying to unravel all these fractured sentences and statements from Misty... and then we wonder why LE can't figure it all out.
Why would she have to "lay" her down? Kids that age lay themselves down. I could see saying "put them to bed." But "laying" her down sounds like Haleigh was already gone, and she laid her out on the bed. Sorry for being morbid.

And don't forget she covered her with a sheet.

Edit: no, with a blanket. It's "Then she went to sleep with her little sheet on her and I covered her up with her blanket".

Did she say "covered her with a sheet" somewhere else or am I mixing things up in my head?
But somehow that sheet makes me think of shrouds anyway, and the word cover brings in the picture of someone covering a body before transporting it to the coroner's office, instead of tucking a child in her bed. We can be morbid together.

Misty tells her story and says, "That's it", "That's all I know" "And that's all". RC does the same thing. IOW, they want you to stop asking them questions. They told you the story. The end. What did misty do to Haleigh? It appears Haleigh was not ready for bed. Remember how rc told her to handle Haleigh..*shutters*. I am sure she wanted a peaceful night or she wanted to party and to do so, she insists Haleigh sleep.

Sounds like they weren't ever in a routine for bedtime...nah, neither of these two numbskulls would know about the bedtime ritual. I feel so bad for Haleigh. God bless her little heart.

BBM

I totally agree with this. Ron and Misty, especially Ron, does not seem like the type who would have that kind of "order" in the house. I just don't see it. That's why I think it's important for us to look at that statement from Misty. I laid her down at 8pm-cause that's her bedtime. That is a LIE, IMO, I'm more concerned about the time of 8pm. She had to lay Haleigh down at 8pm, not because it was her bedtime, but for another reason. We have GMSykes showing up a little before 8pm. And then we have the argument over the phone between Ron and Misty around 8:30pm. And both of these events take place around 8pm.

I believe Ron got the news on this 8:30p phone call about what had happened to Haleigh and that she was dead. Ron couldn't leave work so he is calling continuously to everyone's phone. I don't believe Misty and Tommy were the only ones Ron was trying to call that evening.

And don't forget she covered her with a sheet.

Edit: no, with a blanket. It's "Then she went to sleep with her little sheet on her and I covered her up with her blanket".

Did she say "covered her with a sheet" somewhere else or am I mixing things up in my head?
But somehow that sheet makes me think of shrouds anyway, and the word cover brings in the picture of someone covering a body before transporting it to the coroner's office, instead of tucking a child in her bed. We can be morbid together.

Misty's morning interview with the media, mom sitting next to her, describing the events. She says "I covered her with a sheet." in that interview.

I have been very frustrated at some transcripts that leave off Misty's hesitation comments....all of her hmmms, and uh's and pauses mean something in the way she tells her story. The fact that she can still do this while hypnotized says to me she wasn't. She is much too aware that it is important to stay with the story she knows to succumb to someone else.

My question is: Why does she embellish it, then?

There are two things that are really bothering me about Misty's statement under "hypnosis". First she feels the need to say "Haleigh was doing great". Well, why wouldnt she be? Doing great as opposed to what? Not doing so well. She felt the need to point it here....so Im led to believe at this time, things were not so great. Also, Misty points out that Haleigh had been wearing shorts to go to sleep in, but took them off. There is something with these shorts too, right? Or am I confusing it with the shirt that there were discrepancies with? Either way, I find it interesting that Misty explained the shorts had been on, but were later off. MOO.

During the hypnosis she was asked how the day started. Misty says it started out really great...huh? Haleigh wouldn't wear what they had and they drove 25 miles extra to get her an outfit? Haleigh must have awakened at 6:00am because misty cooked her some eggs for breakfast....OMG! Here is where I just lose it...sorry but misty is either delusional or she is turning into Sybil.

What bothers me about this is in IMO I would think rc would make haleigh wear whatever cloths she had at the trailer (closet full of new cloths with tags!) He seems like he would be "very hands on" with her and NOT drive the 5 miles.... I think misty was trying to paint a perfect picture for everyone...you have some great points..

I'm so glad that elle bumped this thread yesterday because I hadn't read it previously. After watching/listening to the hypnosis video again and reading the transcript, I have a much better appreciation and understanding of the problems that LE has encountered in getting truthful answers from Misty. It would take a team of accomplished oral surgeons to extract logical and reasonable responses from the young woman :D jmo

Too many words with emphasis on the a/c guy, he plays in this somehow. She never states what happened with him when he spoke with rc. Both want it to be known that he was there at 5:00pm though, no doubt about that. This time of 5:00pm is significant for a reason. Could it be that the ac guy may help estabish that rc was NOT at the MH or that misty was? He seems to be important for both of them.

There are two things that are really bothering me about Misty's statement under "hypnosis". First she feels the need to say "Haleigh was doing great". Well, why wouldnt she be? Doing great as opposed to what? Not doing so well. She felt the need to point it here....so Im led to believe at this time, things were not so great. Also, Misty points out that Haleigh had been wearing shorts to go to sleep in, but took them off. There is something with these shorts too, right? Or am I confusing it with the shirt that there were discrepancies with? Either way, I find it interesting that Misty explained the shorts had been on, but were later off. MOO.

Verses misty saying she originally was wearing pjs.

I agree, the shorts and the pink shirt will play into the crime. The tan shorts were next to the bed and we do not know where the shirt was found. misty is clearly lying saying she found it eight days after the crimel..lol. The detectives were in that place 24/7 for those eight days. If anyone else touched those items, they could get touch prints, that is if they are using the FBI services. She told CJ that the pink shirt was in the drawer. LE leaked the pink shirt was never worn outdoors....more conflicting info. Do I expect anything else? Yep, but people in Hezz want ice water too...which is exactly where this case has taken me.

The thing that struck me as odd was how relaxed and dreamy her eyes looked before she ever started the test under hypnosis. She appeared to be under the influence and if she was how would that affect her going under? At points she didn't really appear to be under. I have to listen to it again, but I thought when he was asking her for more info she stated and that's all I know. Did I hear that right? Instead of going anywhere else with it, she herself stops it. There was more to the day and more happened before, during and after even if they were small details that she doesn't add. It's like she's sticking to a script. The only thing that I heard in the tape that I didn't hear anywhere else is the Jr. got out of bed and went down the hall. If she was truly under why didn't she mention about things that she has said later...like she seen several men...or she seen Joe or Tommy going out the door...Why didn't she mention her argument with RC on the phone...or GMS story of putting shirts on the children...or the many other stories that we've heard? She had a script and was sticking to it. IMO she may have been very relaxed (medicated?) but not under. So, why in her script did she then mention Jr. going down the hall? Was it to give us a reason to believe that perhaps he got up and unlocked the door? If I thought that she was really under this would be important info that perhaps he did get up and open the door. Let's say that this is important info. let's say that she was under and this is something that she remembered. She could have been so doped and tired from spending a weekend of drugs, partying and not sleeping so she was really zonked out. RC calls HC to ask if MC is there. HC tells ToC and he goes to check. (ToC did say that he went over). He bangs on the door, MC is passed out. Jr. can't awaken MC. He answers the front door and let's whoever it is in. All in IMO and subject to change. It doesn't mean that I believe that this is what happened, it's just another possibility.
Sorry if I appear to be flip-flopping a lot, but look at the info we have to work with and the players? With MC she has lied and cried wolf so many times that if she were to tell the truth would we believe her. Only with STRONG proof I would say.

On the subject of HaLeigh's clothing, this part of Misty's hypnosis statement is particularly troubling for me:

What was she wearing?
She was wearing her pink Hannah Montana shirt and her underwear. She had shorts on but she took them off. She don’t like to sleep in clothes at all, she hates clothes, wants to strip all the time and be in her underwear.

Maybe it's just me, but I find it distasteful to use the word "strip" when speaking about a 5-year-old child. jmo

When misty went to sleep he (jr) was on one side of her but was moved to the other side of her? Who moved him? She said moved imo she knows who moved him!

Snipped
What time did she go to sleep?
Um, I laid her down at 8:00, that’s her bedtime and it probably took her about 30-45 minutes before she went, you know was sound asleep, um then I, well I got to back up a little bit, I’m sorry, um before she went to bed, right after dinner, I threw her blanket in the dryer, er washer because it smelled like pee and I didn’t want to put her to bed with a blanket on her that smelled like pee and I’m not gonna do that. That’s disgusting, I wouldn’t want a pee blanket on me, so I wouldn’t to it to nobody else. So I washed her blanket. Then she went to sleep with her little sheet on her and I covered her up with her blanket, she was sound . . .

Seems there is a great significance relating to the blanket. I wonder if that is because they covered Haleighs body with it after she passed? I know its a morbid thought:( but if they felt some type of remorse, maybe they thought laying her to rest with a clean blanket was important? Just thinking out loud...

something struck me...there could be 2 reasons why the blanket smelled like urine.

the first is the easiest. Haleigh had an accident...could this be what set off MC, who didn't want to be a sitter in the first place? could it be that Haleigh went in fell asleep and had an accident? could MC been doing drugs in the bathroom and kept Haleigh from getting in there to go? What if Haleigh was whining about needing to go and MC wouldn't leave her drugs in the bathroom and while being forced to wait...Haleigh had an accident? wouldn't that/couldn't that push MC in a drug/fatigue rage to do something to hurt Haleigh? then the whole,

"I threw her blanket in the dryer, er washer because it smelled like pee and I didn’t want to put her to bed with a blanket on her that smelled like pee and I’m not gonna do that"

so she comes in and finds out about the urine blanket...goes off, hurts Haleigh and yanks the blanket and puts it in the wash and comes back to find out Haleigh is hurt/passed?

it also strikes me that she puts her to bed then mentions the "pee blanket" and THEN backs up to say she smelled it earlier and washed some time after dinner?

The second reason the blanket got soiled could be that I'm sorry to be morbid but after one passes, their muscles relax and they er release their urine...could it be then that MC realized there was a problem? and washed the blanket to hide what happened?

I'm sorry I don't mean to be morbid or gross, but for some reason those 2 things came to mind when I read that section. It really makes me ill with either scenario...

it does fit someone else's theory that RC knew what happened while at work....

then MC gets help, Haleigh's body is taken away....

Then if you listen to RC in the back ground durning the 911 call you can hear him say "what did you do to my daughter?"

may be he's not referring to what killed her, but what they did with her body AFTER THE FACT?

Oh Lord, I gotta go read something cheerful, I don't like where these thoughts are taking me....

When misty went to sleep he (jr) was on one side of her but was moved to the other side of her? Who moved him? She said moved imo she knows who moved him!

AG, I've always wondered about that statement. This is what she says:

And I remember I was halfway asleep and I remember Jr. getting up and going over me and was out the bedroom door. And then when I woke up and he was on one side of me but he was moved to the other side of me and that is when I woke up and noticed that the light was on.....

First she mentions being only half asleep when Jr got up-she jumps to waking up and he was on one side of her. Then she implies that Jr was moved to the other side of her and that is why she woke up. It suggest to me that when someone placed Jr on the opposite side of her that is what caused her to wake up. When I heard this before, I questioned what made Jr get up and go out the bedroom door. If he had to go to the bathroom there was one in the master bedroom, so why would he wander off toward the livingroom area? My initial thoughts were that Jr went toward that area because he saw the light on and heard his daddy in the kitchen. And that's why Misty didn't bother to get up, she already knew it was Ron home from work.

That was then and this is now.....IMO, that story is just another LIE.

On the subject of HaLeigh's clothing, this part of Misty's hypnosis statement is particularly troubling for me:

What was she wearing?
She was wearing her pink Hannah Montana shirt and her underwear. She had shorts on but she took them off. She don’t like to sleep in clothes at all, she hates clothes, wants to strip all the time and be in her underwear.

Maybe it's just me, but I find it distasteful to use the word "strip" when speaking about a 5-year-old child. jmo

If it is a fact that she doesn't like to sleep in clothes, why did misty originally say on the 911, she was wearing PJs?

sorry if this has already been discussed but what about the sheets? wouldn't they also smell of urine? she made such a big deal about not wanting to cover her with a smelly blanket. she said she put her little sheet over her. was this a clean sheet? whose was it ?

From the 911 call to the present time, LE has known misty is lying. What in bejeesies is going on here? Another thing..her attorney, Mr. Fields, flies way under the radar....hmm. He lets her go out to a dock and LE calls it a crime scene? I know she is difficult to manage but either there is way more to this picture or he is not competent. She is the main suspect, yet Fields is no where around. He must know something we don't because this is odd behavior for a Defense Attorney.

If it is a fact that she doesn't like to sleep in clothes, why did misty originally say on the 911, she was wearing PJs?QUOTE]

I suppose PJs promoted the "story" that HaLeigh had been asleep. I surely wouldn't have wanted to tell a 911 operator that "my 5-year-old daughter" disappeared without wearing any clothes because she "liked to strip" before going to bed.

The bedtime clothing issue and whether or not HaLeigh was allowed to undress to the skin is leading me to a place where I don't want to go.

sorry if this has already been discussed but what about the sheets? wouldn't they also smell of urine? she made such a big deal about not wanting to cover her with a smelly blanket. she said she put her little sheet over her. was this a clean sheet? whose was it ?

Welcome superboo.

Great question. It has been discussed about why the smell was only on the blanket.everyone feels as you do. about why not the sheets wet. It could happen if she soiled a very thick comforter and it didn't go through the blanket. But hey, this is misty. I don't know about the sheet. I remember when she said she covered her with a sheet and her voice cracked on that remark.

She was very concerned about the blanket but Haleigh was sent to bed in the clothes she wore to school and the same clothes were worn when she was playing outdoors as misty claimed.

What was she wearing?

I noticed that too. The word 'strip' sexualizes a 5 year old-no doubt about it. because it implies that Haleigh's intent was to adultly strip, versus simply to take her clothes off. My cousin has a son who suffers from a disease, (don't remember the name), & one of the symptoms, or drug side effects, is that he can't stand clothes touching his skin. He'll scream & cry when even in just underwear. Haleigh may have suffered from this, but I really wouldn't expect Misty to grasp that. Also, considering her background & lack of education, strip may have seemed like an ok enough word to use. Her vocabulary is very basic & back woodsy, so I have a hard time figuring out her verbal intent. That may have been the only word she had to verbalize her intent, or it may have been a psychological slip. But whichever, I too found it distasteful & it made me cringe.

Welcome superboo.

Great question. It has been discussed about why the smell was only on the blanket.everyone feels as you do. about why not the sheets wet. It could happen if she soiled a very thick comforter and it didn't go through the blanket. But hey, this is misty. I don't know about the sheet. I remember when she said she covered her with a sheet and her voice cracked on that remark.

She was very concerned about the blanket but Haleigh was sent to bed in the clothes she wore to school and the same clothes were worn when she was playing outdoors as misty claimed.
yeah, but didn't GGS claim that the kids changed their shirts? Do you think she later added this detail soas to give Misty an out? She could just claim that she forgot that Haleigh had changed?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back