I-70 SERIAL KILLER profile, MO/IN/KS/TX, 1990's

The Erma Werke Model ET22 was apparently produced only in the late 1960s, and had an unusually long barrel, 11-3/4"

From the ST Charles City Police (MO) Facebook page:
It was a .22 caliber reproduction of a German Navy Luger pistol with a zinc alloy frame instead of the original steel. It looks like it would be difficult to hide due to its size. It would probably have to be concealed under a coat or in a bag. According to some sources, there were less than 400 made.

I see this was posted earlier in the thread. The firearm is so unusual, though. The poster indicated that the barrel was treated with an abrasive meant to fire-lap or smooth the interior for high performance. This is also an unusual touch for a pistol.

Also the killer used jeweler's rouge on the brass of the rounds.

The Erma Werke Model ET22 was apparently produced only in the late 1960s, and had an unusually long barrel, 11-3/4"

From the ST Charles City Police (MO) Facebook page:
It was a .22 caliber reproduction of a German Navy Luger pistol with a zinc alloy frame instead of the original steel. It looks like it would be difficult to hide due to its size. It would probably have to be concealed under a coat or in a bag. According to some sources, there were less than 400 made.

I see this was posted earlier in the thread. The firearm is so unusual, though. The poster indicated that the barrel was treated with an abrasive meant to fire-lap or smooth the interior for high performance. This is also an unusual touch for a pistol.
According to the St Charles detective 6000 were imported to the US . Still , any located at gun shows ect could be tested for a match .
The video of Brossman murder was pretty good quality ( for 2001) surprisingly , they couldn’t obtain a warrant for the Missouri man .

I honestly feel like this is him especially if this ended up in a bullet to the back of the head. i've watched the video a million times. envision the descriptions of the other killings while watching it. 10 year gap? peep the wedding ring. i always wondered about the male victim and how that actually came about. i really dont believe he thought it was a woman and felt like that murder was very peculiar considering the others. this would indicate it might not have been a gender thing if this was him.

In addition to a similar MO and basically meeting the physical description of the suspect, I think police have really zoned in on his apparent "bow-legged" gate. Look how the alleged Billy Brossman assailant (left) walks at around 0:40. We also know that the possible lone-survivor of his attacks specifically mentionted this:

"One of her first customers that morning was a short man with long, shaggy blonde hair. Webb recalls him wearing a beige, old time cardigan sweater. He walked bow-legged. He spent a few minutes just looking around."

https://www.kmov.com/2022/02/28/news-4-exclusive-possible-lone-survivor-i-70-serial-killer-speaks-up-after-30-years/

Now, I don't know if Vicki Webb ("The Survivor") mentioned his gate prior to this footage from 2001. If she didn't, it's possible her brain absorbed that fictional "memory" so that it now feels like a fact. But if she's accurate on that account and truly mentioned it independently from any footage that was available at the time, I think there's a really good chance that this is the guy. The police likely believe so, too, as I have a hunch this feature of his walk is a big reason the cases were linked.

It's really a tragedy this hasn't been solved yet. There were so many eye witnesses - not to the shootings, but people that saw the suspect immediately before and after the crimes were committed. I wonder if that gate is disctinctive enough that a company with advanced facial recognition sofward, like Walmart, could use that software in its stores to detect a match, assuming he still walks in much the same way. That's where I would start at least: the way anyone walks is unique. The differences are more difficult to notice than from something like finger-prints, but AI should be able to account for the subtleties.

IMHO I think People Magazine Investigates does a good job on cases. They were one of the first to investigate LISK/Gilgo beach killings. I too have followed this case. As technology advances (which we have seen with several cases) crimes have a better chance of getting solved. I feel for the family and friends who have waited for the killer to be found and brought to justice. I find it particularly sad when the parents pass without knowing who killed their love one.
In the episode they even released the 911 call of the customer that came face to face with him. Said it was a White Man holding a gun looking crazy and was asking him to step into the back with him. Then he just said get the heck outta here now.

In addition to a similar MO and basically meeting the physical description of the suspect, I think police have really zoned in on his apparent "bow-legged" gate. Look how the alleged Billy Brossman assailant (left) walks at around 0:40. We also know that the possible lone-survivor of his attacks specifically mentionted this:

Now, I don't know if Vicki Webb ("The Survivor") mentioned his gate prior to this footage from 2001. If she didn't, it's possible her brain absorbed that fictional "memory" so that it now feels like a fact. But if she's accurate on that account and truly mentioned it independently from any footage that was available at the time, I think there's a really good chance that this is the guy. The police likely believe so, too, as I have a hunch this feature of his walk is a big reason the cases were linked.

It's really a tragedy this hasn't been solved yet. There were so many eye witnesses - not to the shootings, but people that saw the suspect immediately before and after the crimes were committed. I wonder if that gate is disctinctive enough that a company with advanced facial recognition sofward, like Walmart, could use that software in its stores to detect a match, assuming he still walks in much the same way. That's where I would start at least: the way anyone walks is unique. The differences are more difficult to notice than from something like finger-prints, but AI should be able to account for the subtleties.It's

I do think the Bill killing very well may have been the I-70 guy. It was literally minutes away from the early 90's scenes and the exact same thing.

It's really a tragedy this hasn't been solved yet. There were so many eye witnesses - not to the shootings, but people that saw the suspect immediately before and after the crimes were committed. I wonder if that gate is disctinctive enough that a company with advanced facial recognition sofward, like Walmart, could use that software in its stores to detect a match, assuming he still walks in much the same way. That's where I would start at least: the way anyone walks is unique. The differences are more difficult to notice than from something like finger-prints, but AI should be able to account for the subtleties.
Like the Zodiac the guy was likely some bitter person who utterly despised humanity out of a sense of feeling he has been done so very wrong by society.

December 15, 2022
1701789968405.png
Michael McCown, Nancy Kitzmiller, Patricia Magers, Patricia Smith, Robin Fuldauer, Sarah Blessing. PHOTO: ST. CHARLES POLICE DEPARTMENT (6)
"We definitely have new evidence to test and the advantage of advanced DNA processing on our side. I'm really optimistic," Det. Kelly Rhodes, task force leader at St. Charles, Mo., police department, tells PEOPLE in this week's issue.''
1701790122250.png
I-70 Killer, then and now. ST CHARLES POLICE DEPARTMENT

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare