I am no longer receiving e-mail notifications for my subscriptions - please help!

Eagle, I have AdAware installed but haven't experienced any problems with it. The timing of my problem is not at all related to the timing of my AdAware installation.

No, I wasn't suggesting your installation of Adaware caused any problem. I was trying to find out which source of Adaware you chose, so I wouldn't pick a bad one. I'm thinking of adding it.

Another question, what's this new "Installing AiOL Software" notice I keep getting? Do you girls have it too? Is anything more screwed up since that started?

I downloaded AcrobatReader7, to see if I could open someone's Screen Capture, not knowing actually what one is, or what to expect, and RegistryRepairPro found about 16 invalid paths. Then some in Digital Imaging. What's going on?

Eagle1 said:
No, I wasn't suggesting your installation of Adaware caused any problem. I was trying to find out which source of Adaware you chose, so I wouldn't pick a bad one. I'm thinking of adding it.

Another question, what's this new "Installing AiOL Software" notice I keep getting? Do you girls have it too? Is anything more screwed up since that started?

I downloaded AcrobatReader7, to see if I could open someone's Screen Capture, not knowing actually what one is, or what to expect, and RegistryRepairPro found about 16 invalid paths. Then some in Digital Imaging. What's going on?
Oh, I see ... the Ad-Aware only says AdAware SE Personal. I can't seem to find a version number. :waitasec: In all honesty, I never really run it so I couldn't tell you if it's good or not. I tend to delete files & cookies on my own so that by the time I try to run AdAware, it doesn't find anything.

I do not get Installing AOL Software notices. I'm not sure what that is. What version of AOL are you running?

About the Acrobat Reader, I don't know what's going on. Could it be that after installing it, files that were originally associated with one application became associated with that, changing the path? I don't know how to explain what I mean ... I'm not a computer person by any means. I do know that when I've deleted files in the past, and then tried to use a shortcut or open a file associated with the deleted file, it would tell me "invalid path specified" or something along those lines. Have you deleted any files lately? If so, it might have nothing to do with your Acrobat Reader. I've always had Acrobat Reader, and have updated it every time a new one comes along, and have never had any problems at all. Is the program referring to Adobe files? Could it be that you had earlier versions that were replaced by this one? I don't know that what you're experiencing would be a problem at all. Don't stress that too much for now. (Again, I'm no expert - lol - not by any stretch of the imagination, but I've experienced the invalid path message many times but it's never really affected anything else I was trying to do. So if you're not sure what it is, or what it's referring to, just pretend it isn't there as long as it doesn't seem to be interfering with anything. If it is interfering, hopefully someone else here will have an answer for what it means and how to rectify it.

JerseyGirl said:

"I do not get Installing AOL Software notices. I'm not sure what that is. What version of AOL are you running?"

AOL 9, and AiOL isn't a typo. It's some kind of update they do almost every time I come online lately, about as often as their spy zapper at least.

I'm not worried about the AdobeAcrobatReader7, still have other versions, for instance 5 is required for one of my softwares, have 6 also and can just uninstall 7 if it becomes a problem. I just wanted to see if it would open something that the sender said they probably got slightly wrong. You're probably right that old paths probably got into the mix.

Thanks for the version of Adaware. I'll wait a bit and see if anyone has anything to say about it since you haven't actually used it.

Eagle1 said:

AOL 9, and AiOL isn't a typo. It's some kind of update they do almost every time I come online lately, about as often as their spy zapper at least.

I am not getting these notices from AiOL. Also using AOL9.
I would call AOL Eagle cause this looks like a deliberate misspelling of who knows what.

Eagle1 said:

Thanks for the version of Adaware. I'll wait a bit and see if anyone has anything to say about it since you haven't actually used it.
I have used it but it didn't do anything that I wasn't already doing myself so even though I still have it installed, I haven't used it much. People say great things about it though so definitely check around.

About the AiOL, I have NO idea what that is. I've never seen it and never heard of it. I'm also running 9.0 so I'm very confused about what you're experiencing since we're on the same version. It definitely sounds concerning to me; something worth calling AOL about.

Today I noticed there's no L on the end, just something like AiO, when I was starting to print something. I'll watch for a few days and see if that's what it's about if nobody here knows.

Hey Jersey Girl and Eagle 1, I am wondering if the problem ever resolved for you? I have had continuing problems with News Alerts not coming in also. Before I call AOL one more time, I was interested in knowing if you ever resolved your problems?

Long time no see, lol.

My daughter uses aol as her provider and has nothing but problems with them.
Have no clue why.
I use comcast, no problems, there wonderful..:woohoo: so far, hehehe

Does she have this particular problem?

I think it's either about DLS time changes that xMission may not have noted if they were supposed to do something, or maybe our Security Settings. Would your daughter know?

Pharlap said:
My daughter uses aol as her provider and has nothing but problems with them.
Have no clue why.
I use comcast, no problems, there wonderful..:woohoo: so far, hehehe
I've had nothing but GOOD luck with AOL - I love it. The problem with WS e-mails is the only problem that I have at all. *knocking on wood*

Eagle, did you find out if the AiO message was related to your All-in-One printer?

Did you tell me? Or, did you not?
If you told me once, I forgot! :D

I don't remember either if I told you, think I did, but All-in-One is all it could mean, and that popup just started some time after I got the new printer-copier-scanner. I was in an Ofc Depot the other day and one of the hanging overhead signs said All-in-Ones. I really like mine, only $89 for the whole thing including tax, but can't enlarge or shrink more than a very small percent, don't know exactly what percent. Next time I have to buy one, I'd look for that feature as well as what I have, probably available for just a bit more. I did get a new mouse but may trade it for one of the new Trackball ones after all, so my hand doesn't rest on the desk/mousepad in back and get sore.

I know you have one. Any complaints about it at all? Ya get used to its being so large? I guess I should have made this a PM so you'll be sure to see it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
B_Hazey
Back