I was in the courtroom this afternoon, Fri. May 20

As I think about this afternoon, I'll remember more things.

Four well-dressed young men came and sat two rows in front of me. Two ladies (actually the same ones that were in the elevator with me) were one row in front of me and they asked the guys if they were law students. They said they were lawyers.

During the part where Baez was asking for more peremptory strikes (denied), all four of the guys were nodding their heads yes, like they approved of Baez asking for that.

Thank you for your impressions. As far as the dress code, we noticed that. Two, um, ladies up front had on short skirts and didn't know how to sit properly in them. I'm so glad the camera guy didn't zoom in just for giggles.

I am RIGHT HERE with my finger poised over the post-zapper button folks. :nono:

az - there were two times she addressed the judge - the first time she was wearing a sundress - that was right after it happened and Casey was in the courtroom The second time she was in jail garb and appeared with her atty - that time they removed ICA from the courtroom for the proceeding.

Oh, thanks BigFatMommyDog. Good to know. I only saw the immediate address to the judge when she was brought back into the court room after her outburst.

Living on the west coast, In Session ends its broadcast here at Noon. So I don't always see a full day's coverage.

As I think about this afternoon, I'll remember more things.

Four well-dressed young men came and sat two rows in front of me. Two ladies (actually the same ones that were in the elevator with me) were one row in front of me and they asked the guys if they were law students. They said they were lawyers.

During the part where Baez was asking for more peremptory strikes (denied), all four of the guys were nodding their heads yes, like they approved of Baez asking for that.

BBM

Anyone know what the rule is regarding this?

Joanner, did you hear or find out anything about the "detective" in black who spoke to the juror while everyone was out due to the commotion?

The only juror who seemed intimidated by the process was an AA woman. Jeff Ashton I think told her she could smile and something else to try to relax her. I am sure you all got it but I didn't hear it in the back.

I actually went over the courthouse the other day to see how one could get in to watch and if you had to get a pass or something. Nope. When you enter the courthouse, you immediately go through security like in the airport--you put your carry-ins in a plastic tray that goes through a scanner and you walk through a metal detecctor. Then up to the fourth floor. There is a court officer outside the door of the courtroom that goes over a few things like no water, no cells, etc. As long as you get through security, you are good to get in. They don't ask you any questions.

I think it seemed crowded to the TV audience because we all had to sit on that one side.

Casey was present for the swearing in. The defense and the prosecution all moved the chairs around to face the jury and the audience.

They had taken Casey out of the courtroom, then quite a few more officers came in, then the outburst lady with a court appointed lawyer came in.

Hi Joanner Thanks for sharing with us. I was wondering if you could tell if the pj that with the "parental units" Was he looking at ica at all? From what we could see of her she seemed to really like him. Thanks so much

Logged on at 12:30 and heard about the lady disrupting the court and I decided I would go over for the afternoon session. I was in a hurry so I didn't bring a notebook to write down impressions. Let me know if you have any questions.

I saw and walked by all the players in the hall before court went into session. No, I didn't talk to any of them. On entering the courtroom, everybody was asked to sit behind the prosecution. The rows in back of the defense table were closed. I sat in the back row.

From the back row, I could see the laptops that were open, though I could not see what was written (too far back). I did notice that the laptop in front of Baez was scrolling like someone might be writing something. It was a consistent scrolling where the top line would disappear and the next one would move up. So I think his complaints about people being able to read it were legitimate, but just use an Ipad.

Casey was already seated when I entered the room. At one time I counted 10 law enforcement officers in the room.

The one juror who delighted everyone was the 25-year-old carpenter guy who lives at home with his parental units.

When they had the hearing for the lady who disrupted the court this morning, Casey was not present.

The defense and the prosecution do mingle when not on deck. Saw LDB and Mason chuckling about something during one of the breaks.

At the end when they were swearing in the jury, they had 12 law enforcement officers all facing the audience ready to jump on any disruption.

On the way out, I was in an elevator with two other ladies and Drew Petrimoulx came in. I knew who he was. The others were discussing the news not in a favorable way and then asked him if he was with the media. He said yes. They asked him if he was with Nancy Grace, and he said "who is she?" He said he was with talk news and we arrived on the ground floor and that was that.

RE BBM: That's funny! NG is usually pretty rude and ridiculous when Drew is reporting on her show. He doesn't play her game and keeps it professional.

Thanks for the recap of your personal experience.

Thank you, I got that part of it, but was wondering if the Def was entitled to more or if its up to the judge. I'm ubbbber excited that there is finally a jury, I guess I'm slightly nervous that this rush to secure a jury doesn't give CA a hall pass into an appeal.

Dang it!!!!

I thought it would be safe to drink my coffee while reading this thread. :floorlaugh: I just got soaked .... not fair ...... :great:

Joanner, did you hear or find out anything about the "detective" in black who spoke to the juror while everyone was out due to the commotion?

I didn't hear anything about that. Didn't even know about it. I tuned in during the lunch break and just heard about the woman being taken out. I had 40 minutes to get respectfully dressed and over to the court, so I don't know what else went on.

<Kimster stands behind Ynot with ray gun in hand>

images.jpg

http://photobucket.com/images/ray gun/

Hi Joanner Thanks for sharing with us. I was wondering if you could tell if the pj that with the "parental units" Was he looking at ica at all? From what we could see of her she seemed to really like him. Thanks so much

I think he did look at her a little bit, but seemed most interested in LDB. Did you all hear him say "sweet" when she got up to question him? I think it went like LDB: "I am going to ask you a few questions." Male juror: "Sweet."

I believe Casey would like him. He had a great personality.

I think he did look at her a little bit, but seemed most interested in LDB. Did you all hear him say "sweet" when she got up to question him? I think it went like LDB: "I am going to ask you a few questions." Male juror: "Sweet."

I believe Casey would like him. He had a great personality.

Thank you for your answer and yes Cought that sweet. He seemed like a real charmer. Btw it must have been amazing to be there for the swearing in. Wish I could have been there. Feel's good to know that somebody that is team Caylee was there for that. Big'ol giant hug and thanks to you for being there.

Thank you for your answer and yes Cought that sweet. He seemed like a real charmer. Btw it must have been amazing to be there for the swearing in. Wish I could have been there. Feel's good to know that somebody that is team Caylee was there for that. Big'ol giant hug and thanks to you for being there.

It WAS amazing. I am so glad I went.

Tremendous responsibility on all those people!

Joanner, how did the jurors look? Apprehensive, serious, nervous, stoic? Thank you SO much for being WS's eyes at the courthouse today! :blowkiss:

Why would Drew P say he didn't know Nancy Grace? He's been on her show! I find that odd.He MUST have been kidding.

Joanner
Thank you sharing your experience with us...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann
Back