GUILTY IA - ‘Bachelor’ Chris Soules Arrested Following Deadly Crash, April 2017

‘Bachelor’ star Chris Soules accused of leaving the scene of a fatal accident in Iowa

"The truck and tractor went into the ditch. The driver of the tractor, whose name has not been released, was taken to a hospital, where he died.

The New York Daily News reports the tractor driver, described by authorities as an older man, was not wearing a seat belt.

The Iowa State Patrol said Soules walked away from the scene but left his truck behind. According to TMZ, witnesses identified him for authorities and the Buchanan County Sheriff’s Office arrested him about 1:15 a.m. Tuesday.
TMZ said it obtained documents that said police found alcoholic beverage containers in Soules’ truck at the time of the crash, but investigators were working Tuesday to figure out what led to the crash."

http://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/ent-columns-blogs/stargazing/article146607999.html

BBM

Didn't know Tractors had Seat Belts?

So he didn't take his truck? He Walked away from the scene? Could have hit his head and didn't know what was going on?

~

Thank you for that. My son is home today so he is going to teach me how to link on an ipad. I am tired of being a parasite.

Former 'Bachelor' Chris Soules jailed after fatal Iowa crash

"Former Bachelor star Chris Soules has been accused of leaving the scene of a deadly car crash in Iowa.
The Buchanan County Jail confirmed to the Des Moines Register, part of the USA TODAY network, and the Associated Press that Soules was booked at 1:16 a.m. Tuesday morning on the criminal charge of leaving the scene of an accident at which a death occurred.

An Iowa State Patrol report obtained by the Register later identified the vehicles as a 2008 Chevy pickup and a 2640 John Deere tractor. The document also said that the truck rear-ended the tractor, sending both vehicles into roadside ditches.

Iowa State Patrol spokesman Sgt. Scott Bright told the Register that Soules left the crash scene on foot headed northbound. The Buchanan County Sheriff's Office arrested him and he was taken to the hospital and then the jail, Bright said.

Soules had his first court appearance Tuesday morning at the Buchanan County Courthouse.

According to court documents, the general probable cause for Soules' charge — a Class D felony punishable by up to five years in prison — included possession of alcoholic beverages/containers, admissions/statements, property damage, and being identified by witnesses.
His bail has been set at $10,000 and a preliminary hearing is set for 1:30 p.m. on May 2

Court documents say West Des Moines-based attorney Mary K. Spellman will represent Soules.
If the bail amount is posted, Soules must be supervised and would not be allowed to leave Iowa without written consent from the court, the document states. He would be subject to electronic monitoring."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2017/04/25/bachelor-chris-soules-arrested-for-fleeing-scene-of-deadly-accident-in-iowa/100878060/

BBM

~

Thank you for that. My son is home today so he is going to teach me how to link on an ipad. I am tired of being a parasite.[/QUOTE

Parasite lol!

Would u kindly ask your son how to enlarge the image - when I attach a photo via iPad I only get the smaller thumbnail size. I would really appreciate it!

Here is what I do to post a photo on Websleuths but I am not that good at it:

1. Find the photo u want to copy & touch it - will give u the option to save it to photo library (that's what I do & then usually delete it after I post).
2. Create your post & then touch the image that is third from right at the top. Not sure what it is but it's square & looks like a window. An "insert image" box will appear.
3. Touch "from computer" at top left
4. Touch "choose file"
5. Select "from photo library" from the pop up menu
6. Select the photo u want to post
7. Touch "upload file"

I hope I got this right & haven't led you astray as I'm using my memory here and that's always dangerous!

Attachments

• IMG_0026.JPG
    IMG_0026.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 27
We live in a Rural Community. Many of the tractors that travel around here are not properly marked. Day or Night. They really should be :(

~

OT, One of the reasons I immediately got hooked into this case is because my husband had a case years ago involving a 1958 Chevy GM pick-up truck that collided with a farm tractor. The tractor was on the highway, after dark, without any lights on. And, those pick-up trucks had the gasoline tank built right under the front seat. Not surprisingly, the pick up exploded and the driver and one passenger died at the scene. The second passenger was pulled out of the fire by a passing motorist; he was very badly burned and spent years in a burn center, surgeries, etc. He became my husband's client and we took his five-year old daughter to live with us for many years.
:tmi: probably, but thanks.

Anyway, that explains my interest in not just the dui, etc., but if tractor was visible, etc.

And, :thinking: where was Soules going to "on foot" if he lives 15 miles away?

:seeya:

Thank you for that. My son is home today so he is going to teach me how to link on an ipad. I am tired of being a parasite.[/QUOTE

Parasite lol!

Would u kindly ask your son how to enlarge the image - when I attach a photo via iPad I only get the smaller thumbnail size. I would really appreciate it!

Here is what I do to post a photo on Websleuths but I am not that good at it:

1. Find the photo u want to copy & touch it - will give u the option to save it to photo library (that's what I do & then usually delete it after I post).
2. Create your post & then touch the image that is third from right at the top. Not sure what it is but it's square & looks like a window. An "insert image" box will appear.
3. Touch "from computer" at top left
4. Touch "choose file"
5. Select "from photo library" from the pop up menu
6. Select the photo u want to post
7. Touch "upload file"

I hope I got this right & haven't led you astray as I'm using my memory here and that's always dangerous!

I will be glad to ask him for you, because I would like to have an avatar. Won't be able to corral him for a few hours, though. Ok?

Found these posted by a reporter on Twitter

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

https://twitter.com/AGilbertKWWL

~

Attachments

• soulesPhotosSite.jpg
    soulesPhotosSite.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 200
  • soulesPhotosSite.jpg
    soulesPhotosSite.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 197
  • soulesPhotosSite.jpg
    soulesPhotosSite.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 195
  • soulesPhotosSite.jpg
    soulesPhotosSite.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 195
Victim identified in fatal crash involving Chris Soules

The tractor driver was identified Tuesday morning as Kenneth E. Mosher, 66, of Aurora, according to an Iowa State Patrol report. He was taken after the crash by ambulance to Mercy Hospital in Oelwein, where he was pronounced dead.

The 2008 Chevy pickup was southbound on Buchanan County Road W45, which is also called Slater Avenue, when it rear-ended a 2640 John Deere tractor, according to the crash report.

The tractor rolled into the east ditch and the truck went into the west ditch, the report says.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/2017/04/25/collision-leaves-tractor-driver-dead-buchanan-county-aurora-iowa/306262001/

BBM

~

[h=1]Victim identified in fatal crash involving Chris Soules[/h]
The tractor driver was identified Tuesday morning as Kenneth E. Mosher, 66, of Aurora, according to an Iowa State Patrol report. He was taken after the crash by ambulance to Mercy Hospital in Oelwein, where he was pronounced dead.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/2017/04/25/collision-leaves-tractor-driver-dead-buchanan-county-aurora-iowa/306262001/

~
From the link:

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

[FONT=&amp]'Bachelor' Star Chris Soules Arrested for Allegedly Causing and Fleeing Deadly Crash
[/FONT]
1:50 PM ET

[FONT=&amp]..............

[FONT=&amp]Authorities said someone called 911 to report the crash, but they didn't immediately release the identity of the caller or audio of the call. Investigators spoke to multiple witnesses and determined that Soules caused the crash and left the scene, according to the complaint, which doesn't name the witnesses.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[FONT=&amp]
http://time.com/4754508/chris-soules-bachelor-arrested/

[/FONT]
~

[/FONT]

Victim identified in fatal crash involving Chris Soules

The 2008 Chevy pickup was southbound on Buchanan County Road W45, which is also called Slater Avenue, when it rear-ended a 2640 John Deere tractor, according to the crash report.

The tractor rolled into the east ditch and the truck went into the west ditch, the report says.

BBM

~

That makes more sense. The tractor went into a ditch on one side of the road, and Soules truck went into a ditch on the other side. There apparently was no "pulling of a trailer involved."
Sad for all.

wow was shocked to see his name up the top banner. It was the opposite for me though I have watched every bachelor and bachelorette and he was probably my least favourite, I didnt find him too likeable and thought it was weird he broke up with Whitney so soon after that whole season.
If it comes out he was drinking I agree with someone who posted earlier, isnt going to be good for him.

The only logical reason I can think of for his leaving the scene would be to get help if they had no cell phone reception at the accident site. That doesn't seem plausible though considering there were at least two witnesses.

SMH.

Thanks for the pictures!! I was wondering if he was going over a hill or a sharp curve..Iowa is flat, but some highways do have hills and curves that reduce vision ahead and if someone is speeding, or even going the limit, there is not always alot of reaction time. I feel terrible for the man who was killed. It's spring planting season here in Iowa (I know..it is everywhere) and tractors are on the highways alot now..I remind my kids..slow down..and WAIT to pass, until you're sure it's clear. Sorry..rambling..that's my driver's safety tip for today..O/T, I live less than an hour SE of Buchanan county and was not aware there was a young farmer on the Bachelor..I would have watched it.

CHRIS SOULES QUIET FIRST IMPRESSION ON JUDGE

Video of this mornings hearing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6ts3nP2Igs

~

Oh wow! At 2:45 of the video link. This says he took his vehicle & left the scene. Then went to someones house where LE found the vehicle & wouldn't come out for hours while a search warrant was obtained SMH:notgood:

~

The only logical reason I can think of for his leaving the scene would be to get help if they had no cell phone reception at the accident site. That doesn't seem plausible though considering there were at least two witnesses.

SMH.

If he was drinking, he might've wanted to sober up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back