IA IA - Benjamin Roseland, 19, Clinton, 9 Feb 2008

Charley Project states his shoes were found in different areas.

Bumping, obviously. Not enough out there about his case and since I grew up in Davenport, which is about 30 minutes from Clinton, I find this case baffling.

http://wqad.com/2014/10/08/national-organization-picks-up-clinton-missing-person-case/

A national not-for-profit organization called CUE is including the case in its upcoming national tour designed to generate new interest in cold cases.

“On the Road to Remember” is an awareness campaign that primarily focuses on missing persons cases that have gone cold.

Roseland’s family says they are also planning a vigil to try and stir up new clues... She says there is a $3,000 reward for information leading to solving the case.

Another mind-boggling case that probably should have received more attention.

I suppose it is possible that he got hit by a car, but the likelihood of the person driving the car being able to, in panicked state, drag him into the car and then dispose of the body so sufficiently that is has never been found is slim.

I often wonder if this case somehow isn't connected to the countless other cases of college aged men mysteriously vanished, many to be found in bodies of water. Clinton is right on the Mississippi river; in the same geographical area that many of these case have taken place (Dubuque, where Matt Kruziki vanished and was found in the river a few months later is not too far from Clinton). Probably a stretch, but something to think about.

Waiting for closure: One family still searching for missing loved one

http://kwqc.com/2016/11/15/waiting-for-closure-one-family-still-searching-for-missing-loved-one/

The Roseland family will celebrate another birthday without their loved one, Ben Roseland, who has been missing for over eight years.

This time of the year is hard for the Roselands. Theresa Roseland said Nov. 24 is her son’s birthday and he still hasn’t been heard from since 2008.

After months of searching, the trail went cold. 8 years later the Roseland family is still trying to figure out the mystery. Ben Roseland’s sister Audra Isenhart doesn’t believe her brother would just run away.

“He was never one to just take off, like you know some teenagers are like that, they will just go without saying anything but not Ben,” said Isenhart, “He would always touch base.”

Theresa Roseland believes something happened to her son. “Foul play, I think somebody did something and nobody is talking,” said Theresa Roseland.

After all this time the only evidence found was Ben’s shoes which were found blocks apart during search efforts in the south-side of Clinton. This leaves many unanswered questions floating around the Roseland house. “The worst thing that happens when people go missing and you’re in this situation is honestly the not knowing,” said Isenhart.

I've been wondering about this case for years now. I think he was killed (maybe accidentally in a hit and run) and then his body was dumped somewhere or buried. There's lots of free land and nature in Iowa.

I also have never forgotten this case. It's been way too long with no answers. Someone has to know something.

636313012028067968-NCMC1092332e1.jpg

Benjamin Roseland was last seen at his home in Clinton, Iowa, on Feb. 9, 2008. He has a vertical scar from his lip to his chin, a scar on the right side of his mouth, a scar on the left side of his nose.

Information can be called to the Clinton Police Department: 563-243-1458.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/ne...nal-day-remembers-missing-children/344996001/

http://qctimes.com/news/local/ben-r...cle_ed8e6ee3-2b0d-5108-94c2-9b6a08855e96.html
March 17 2017
attachment.php

If he is alive, Benjamin Roseland is 28 years old.

He was 19 when he went missing, last seen around 10:30 p.m. Feb. 9, 2008, in the 400 block of 10th Avenue South in Clinton. He left a friend's house to walk a few blocks to Hy-Vee, in the 900 block of South 4th Street, for a snack.

He apparently never made it to the store and has not been seen since.

Roseland was born Nov. 24, 1988. When he disappeared, the 5-foot-11 white man with blue eyes and brown hair weighed 175 pounds. He was wearing camouflage coveralls.

Captain Tom Bohle of the Clinton Police Department says the case remains open. Investigators have exhausted all the leads that have come in within the past year. “We are still taking leads,” he said. “We will take any leads.”
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/roseland_benjamin.html
attachment.php

Attachments

• 58cf057ba77ab.image.jpg
    58cf057ba77ab.image.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 34
  • roseland_benjamin2.jpg
    roseland_benjamin2.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 35
For a second I thought this is a recent picture in dotr's post and he was found alive...Oh my.

So sad he is still missing after more than 9 years now.

Also, who was the friend who last saw him? Sorry, gotta start there, and missed it if it had been mentioned. Who is the friend? Who else was at house and saw him leave for the store? Was he seen on any cameras on the way to the store?

I also wonder about that. Good questions.

Benjamin Roseland, 19, of Clinton, last was seen leaving a friend's apartment about 10:30 p.m. Feb. 9, 2008, to walk a few blocks to a Hy-Vee for a snack.

He never made it to the store and has not been seen since.

Roseland lived at home and attended Clinton Community College. He did not own a car, did not take any personal belongings with him and left money in his bank account. There was no activity on his cellphone or bank account after his disappearance.

5bad467c0fdd7.image.jpg

The Big Story: Some Q-C missing remain unfound, others discovered after a violent death

Ben has been missing 13 years. He'd be 32! He may've been hit by a car or mugged then taken. MOO. Sure wish more info was available for what was done to investigate. Thinking of Ben and loved ones.

This is truly a tragic case.

Can anyone clarify how close the location he was last seen is to a river? And how about the shoes, how close were they to a river?

I find myself wondering if his shoes were originally together but were separated by wildlife or a dog.

Second thought, could they have been planted by someone involved, just to confuse the case.

Or did he have any periods of confusion, seizures, or anything along those lines following his head injury?

Benjamin Melvin Roseland – The Charley Project

He just looks like such a nice person, and it's so sad his family still doesn't know what happened to him.

Have you seen me: The search for Ben Roseland
By Darby Sparks
Updated: May. 6, 2021 at 9:43 PM CDT

<<CLINTON, Iowa (KWQC) - Clinton native Benjamin Roseland was last seen leaving a house party on the evening of Feb. 9, 2008. He was 19-years-old at the time.
He told his friends he was going to get snacks at the Hy-Vee across the street, but camera footage proved he never made it.
TV6 Investigates talked to Roseland’s family and one sister, who is as determined as she was more than 10 years ago, to find answers.

Where did he go?

It still doesn’t make any sense to his family. Thirteen years, two months, and six days later, the answer isn’t any closer than it was in 2008.

If he didn’t go to the Hy-Vee, then where did Roseland go and why?
“Every day. I think about it every day,” Helen Roseland, Ben’s younger sister, said. “It was a hectic time.”
In the winter of 2007, Roseland went through a dramatic event.
“He had a DUI,” Helen Roseland said. “He was in a head-on collision, and they needed the Jaws of Life to get him out. “He was airlifted back to Iowa City for multiple skull fractures, and injuries to his face and neck, [and he] had injured another woman in the accident.”

The crash changed Roseland’s life and perspective, and he was still dealing with the consequences when he disappeared.
According to Helen Roseland, her brother had a trial pending, and he wrote about how he planned to get a lesser sentence and how to resolve the case.
“He had put $5,000 down as his lawyer retainer for his trial,” Audra Roseland, his older sister, said. “He was nervous for the outcome, but he didn’t want a long-term Felony on his record. So he was going that long-term legal route making sure he was protecting himself.”
Audra Roseland, who Roseland was closest with, said things were starting to look up.

“He was in two classes at [Clinton Community College], and he was paying for them out of pocket,” she said. “He was still going to school, still doing his homework, working on his stuff.”
Helen Roseland was just in high school when her brother disappeared.
“I was 15, 15 when he disappeared, and he was 19,” she said, adding their age gap meant their relationship wasn’t as close or as deep as his and Audra’s.
“For me and him, it was a lot of the daily banter around the kitchen table.”

As an adult, Helen Roseland feels especially determined to put the pieces of his disappearance together. The search for her brother has been a personal journey for her.
“It must have been two to three years after he went missing; I was just engulfed, like obsessed with it,” she said.
After becoming too involved, at one point, Helen Roseland had to take a step back. Now that she’s taken some time, she is back with a new fervor to solve Roseland’s case.
“I’m even reaching out to Ben’s old friends on the internet,” she said.

Retracing his steps

Helen Roseland and the TV6 Investigates team walked around Clinton, retracing some of the steps that Roseland actually took and the ones he supposedly made on the night that he went missing.
“He never even made it to the parking lot,” she said. “They have cameras in the parking lot, so he never made it across the street.”
After Roseland disappeared, a plethora of web-sleuths and psychics came pouring in with their own insights as to where he might be.
Helen Roseland has followed every lead in her own separate investigation from the police.

“At this point, nothing is too crazy, nothing is unheard of. I’ll listen to anything.”
None of them have yet explained how her brother’s shoes were found blocks away, however, on the other side of town.
“There’s not even sidewalks here to get under to the bridge to get to South Clinton,” Helen Roseland said. “Why would you walk all of this to lose your shoes in the middle of the winter?”
Police and search crews thoroughly investigated Roseland’s shoes when they were found with a search dog. They also searched the entire area of South Clinton but found nothing.

“We got a search and rescue boat come through, dredge the water,” Helen Roseland said. “We had a helicopter in the sky, K-9 units, we walked by foot, all of South Clinton--it’s not that big--and nothing was ever found.”
In her mind, the clue of Roseland’s shoes is hardly a clue at all.
“My search doesn’t necessarily end here or begin here,” Helen Roseland said. “His shoes were here, and that’s all we know.”
Her search for her brother has been a lifelong journey. Helen Roseland started by carrying around his missing posters in her car and joining search teams, to now having an investigation of her own.

She hopes that she will finally get answers one day so she can start looking for closure instead.
For anyone who might know of Roseland’s whereabouts, both of his sisters say there is not a day that goes by that his disappearance doesn’t affect them. They encourage anyone to please come forward with information.
There is a $3,400 reward for the person with information that will lead to Ben’s discovery. You are asked to call the Crime Stopper’s line anonymously at 309-762-9500 if you have any information.>>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back