IA - Celia Barquín, 22, Golf Champion, Murdered on Golf Course, Ames, 17 Sept 2018 ***Arrest***

The article notes a fellow golfer had spoken to Cecilia less than an hour before her abandoned golf clubs were found on fairway #9.

So this attack must have occurred in broad daylight, like about 9:30 am.

Her body was found in the pond just in front of the Tees

[QUOTE="Herat, post: 14399650, member: 96156"

Her body was found in the pond just in front of the Tees[/QUOTE]

Do you have the link to this? I hadn’t heard that she was found close to the tees? Article just states a distance from her golf bag in the pond?

[QUOTE="Herat, post: 14399650, member: 96156"

Her body was found in the pond just in front of the Tees

Do you have the link to this? I hadn’t heard that she was found close to the tees? Article just states a distance from her golf bag in the pond?[/QUOTE]
The pond is just in front of the tees. I’m not clear on precisely where in the pond her body was found. Her clubs were in the fairway which begins just south of the tees.

Attachments

• 2FB76564-D1A8-40E7-A16B-2D4109B69FB3.jpeg
    2FB76564-D1A8-40E7-A16B-2D4109B69FB3.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 21
So Celia would have walked through the woods to get from 8 to 9?

It doesn't seem like she was attacked in the woods but I think he was probably lurking there. I imagine he would have stuck out on the golf course.

2447001690.png

So Celia would have walked through the woods to get from 8 to 9?

It doesn't seem like she was attacked in the woods but I think he was probably lurking there. I imagine he would have stuck out on the golf course.
She would have followed the walkway from 8 to 9 (lower circle). His camp site was on the north side of the creek that borders the course (upper circle). I’m getting the impression that the attack happened somewhere in the area where the women’s tee box meets the fairway.

Attachments

• F22589D5-1089-4A77-A3AD-BEAC4A01B810.jpeg
    F22589D5-1089-4A77-A3AD-BEAC4A01B810.jpeg
    149.2 KB · Views: 26
Anyone able to locate the tan shipping container surrounded by black rought iron fence that is shown in local news videos? Le had crime scene tents set up next to it, but I can’t locate it on google earth. Not sure if it’s near where body was recovered or the perps campsite. Looks to be near a tree line and tall grass/links area in front.

I just read the news on a Spanish newspaper :( we were so proud of her, all she had achieved at aged only 22 and so much to live for!! This is being such a horrific year for Spaniards living abroad, many more murdered than in previous years. RIP Celia. So senseless and sad.

Such a young, beautiful young lady. So sorry for her family and friends.
OMG, the monster that killed Celia is a creepy MF that demonstrates evil comes in all colors and nationalities. I hope Justice is served and he may be fried.
Descansa en paz, Celia, y que estés ya con Dios.

What is wrong with people!?
Just dammit.

Here's another article:
-----------------------------------------------------
Golf Star Found Slain on Course — and Suspect Allegedly Had 'Urge to Rape and Kill a Woman'
September 18, 2018 02:44 PM
The man accused of killing an Iowa State University golf star allegedly had “an urge to rape and kill women,” police said.

Collin Daniel Richards, 22, was charged Tuesday with first-degree murder in the stabbing death of Celia Barquin Arozamena, a civil engineering student from Spain who was the university’s Female Athlete of the Year.
Huff said a motive for the slaying is unclear and there was no indication that Richards, who he described as homeless, knew Barquin Arozamena.
Huff said police had “encounters” with Richards in the past.

-----------------------------
Golf Star Found Slain on Course — and Suspect Allegedly Had 'Urge to Rape and Kill a Woman'

Senseless, evil, rotten murder.

But then, aren't they all???

RIP, Celia. Thoughts and prayers for you and your loved ones.

121640-f8369c40afb5e427cc45c5f7fe977603.jpg

Attachments

• brokenHeartedAngelOnGraveStone.jpg
    brokenHeartedAngelOnGraveStone.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 1
This whole thing just angers me so very much -- a young, talented woman, visiting the US and away from her native country, was yanked off the earth by someone who had no care for her or for the lifetime pain of those who loved her. I can't say what I feel, but I am not very proud of the USA just now and yes, I know he did this most likely by himself, but I am still very angry. SMH. Will this madness ever, ever end?

Last edited:
She was murdered in broad daylight on a tee/fairway where other groups were playing through.

I am now raging with fury at those who allowed this kind of degenerate to habitate there. Golf course people likely knew. The police knew he was there.

Word to others: Get rid of these vagrants. Do not tolerate their tents

Not to be interpreted as meaning all lives aren’t precious. But for this young woman to have pushed herself to be near the the top of her sport, and getting her self educated to the point of getting her masters ! Just really pisses me off to know that her precious life and future goals were taken by some low life monster for non other than his own develish desires.... make me so damn mad!!!

Collin Daniel Richards: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
1. Richards Has a Meme as His Facebook Cover Photo that Says, ‘Let’s Commit a Murder’
16.jpg
Richards has a lengthy criminal history. In July 2018, We Are Iowa reports that Richards was arrested and charged with public intoxication. The station says that Richards was found passed out at Hy-Vee supermarket. The report adds that Richards’ chemical test gave him a blood alcohol level of 0.086 percent.

Going back to January 2015, Richards was accused of intimidation with a dangerous weapon. We Are Iowa reports that Richards was accused of trying to steal energy drinks from a gas station. After being stopped by employees, Richards allegedly told the workers that he would return and “shoot the place up.” In September 2017, Richards was arrested after he allegedly broke into his grandparents’ home after they had told him to leave. He was arrested for trespassing and cause more than $200 worth of damage. In that instance, Richards was turned into authorities by his father. A report from the time says that Richards told officers that he went into the home “to retrieve personal possessions as he was no longer welcome at the residence.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz
Back