IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an electrical substation or some sort right near the truck.
Maybe that is lighted?

I don't know if all electrical substations are lit up at night, but there's small substation within a minute's walk of my house. It's VERY-well lit at night, almost like daylight. There's a patch of trees between it and my house. The floodlights shine right through the trees and into my kitchen window. :cool:

I don't know if all electrical substations are lit up at night, but there's small substation within a minute's walk of my house. It's VERY-well lit at night, almost like daylight. There's a patch of trees between it and my house. The floodlights shine right through the trees and into my kitchen window. :cool:
Thank you for your observation.

The lower circled object looks a bit like an old light fixture. The upper circled object looks a bit like a modern flood lamp. But even if the substation has powerful lighting (which it almost certainly does) it may not be lit 24/7.

DS14.jpg

Could be quite dark, but there would be reflectors on the truck and trailer that would be visible when a car approached. That's probably why the friend almost hit the truck, rather than actually hitting it.Even licence plates are generally reflective now.
But that wouldn't be any light for someone walking around or away from the truck.

Interesting what Sarah said about the truck and where she had David's mechanic park the truck after being moved from where the truck was found. Apparently David parked the truck at his mechanics shop, which was just a few blocks from their house. There was speculation that David may have had to drive a distance to get to the truck before starting his route to Eagle Grove. I would imagine David used a personal vehicle to drive back and forth between his mechanics shop where he parked the truck and his house, so little to no travel time between home and truck.

Also Sarah describes how the truck was apparently not processed for evidence when the truck was found parked on the road and it wasn't until four days later that LE took the truck to maybe do so. By that time numerous people had been in and out of the truck and at least two people had driven the truck contaminating any evidence such as DNA that would have maybe been on left behind if someone other than David drove the truck to where it was found.

Video should start shortly before this portion of the interview and lasts a minute or so.

The lower circled object looks a bit like an old light fixture. The upper circled object looks a bit like a modern flood lamp. But even if the substation has powerful lighting (which it almost certainly does) it may not be lit 24/7.
I believe the upper circled object is a directional radio antenna probably for relaying telemetry back to some central location. there's 2 visible from the side view:

1702667247007.png

the upper left one is the same thing you circled and i don't think it's a light. it's probably a 5 ghz (or something around that frequency) Yagi antenna, similar to the one below, and the lower right one I circled is probably a lower band like 2.4Ghz - they're both pointing south.

1702667322059.png
also the truck was found around 1200 ft north from that electrical substation. the closest light may have been the farm to the north, but a farm yard light wouldn't give you any light to see by that far away either. all that to say: it was definitely dark.

View attachment 468261

I believe the upper circled object is a directional radio antenna probably for relaying telemetry back to some central location. there's 2 visible from the side view:

View attachment 468263

the upper left one is the same thing you circled and i don't think it's a light. it's probably a 5 ghz (or something around that frequency) Yagi antenna, similar to the one below, and the lower right one I circled is probably a lower band like 2.4Ghz - they're both pointing south.

View attachment 468265
also the truck was found around 1200 ft north from that electrical substation. the closest light may have been the farm to the north, but a farm yard light wouldn't give you any light to see by that far away either. all that to say: it was definitely dark.

View attachment 468261

You're right, the upper object does look like an antenna from the other view.

The bottom object still looks like a light, but kind of an old light. I'm not sure how bright it would be--if it still works at all.

I'm going back to a statement I said earlier in this feed. Sometimes we think we know someone really well, and we don't know them at all.... This is my own opinion and just an observation..Maybe DS' wife is in denial about how happy and great everything was?? Is that why she gets offended or defensive anytime someone suggests anything that might imply he wanted to walk away or do self harm? Some of her statements are quite telling in my opinion. He's mine, DS would never leave the family, he would never leave me, etc. If someone wanted to walk away or do self harm, they certainly wouldn't be thinking rationally, would they? It happened in my own extended family(by marriage). (This family member acted very irrationally before he took his own life-every thing leading up to it was out of character for him I was told. His family was blind-sided). That would explain DS leaving the truck the way it was. Again, not saying this is what I think happened or bad mouthing anyone, just trying to read between the lines, so to speak.
And I think that's very true when you have a husband that's a trucker and is not home a lot.

Interesting what Sarah said about the truck and where she had David's mechanic park the truck after being moved from where the truck was found. Apparently David parked the truck at his mechanics shop, which was just a few blocks from their house. There was speculation that David may have had to drive a distance to get to the truck before starting his route to Eagle Grove. I would imagine David used a personal vehicle to drive back and forth between his mechanics shop where he parked the truck and his house, so little to no travel time between home and truck.

Also Sarah describes how the truck was apparently not processed for evidence when the truck was found parked on the road and it wasn't until four days later that LE took the truck to maybe do so. By that time numerous people had been in and out of the truck and at least two people had driven the truck contaminating any evidence such as DNA that would have maybe been on left behind if someone other than David drove the truck to where it was found.

Video should start shortly before this portion of the interview and lasts a minute or so.

The sheriff says they sent things in for dna testing and Sarah was saying it took 4 days for them to even begin processing but we don't know if that's actually true. Sarah has made it clear that there's bad blood between them and the sheriff so she could be being dramatic or the sheriff just didn't share it with her. I wonder what the bad blood is all about. They don't even live in the same county

The sheriff says they sent things in for dna testing and Sarah was saying it took 4 days for them to even begin processing but we don't know if that's actually true. Sarah has made it clear that there's bad blood between them and the sheriff so she could be being dramatic or the sheriff just didn't share it with her. I wonder what the bad blood is all about. They don't even live in the same county
BBM

Wall Lake is a city in Sac County, Iowa, United States.

waterways

How far is the closest waterway(s) from where the truck was found? Maybe it comes down to something that simple?

I know I should try to study the map, but I remember thinking I didn't see water on the map, so I must not understand or remember something. Sorry if it's obvious.

I believe Sarah also said in the video that the DOT told her to call it in as a medical emergency or something like that so she would get a quicker response. So LE probably was responding to that and not really thinking it was a possible crime scene right away. The whole scene was contaminated with everyone else going out to that area as well. I also think LE are not sharing things with her because she's talking to every news outlet that will do her story. She's doing alot of talking. And I know she's just trying to get the word out. But they may be leary about that. I'm not taking sides at all, but there are always 2 sides to every story. Just because there is possibly "bad blood" I think LE would still do their job. Just my opinion. I do think LE have alot more info than anyone thinks.

Last edited:
How far is the closest waterway(s) from where the truck was found? Maybe it comes down to something that simple?

I know I should try to study the map, but I remember thinking I didn't see water on the map, so I must not understand or remember something. Sorry if it's obvious.
The waterway's I was referring to are areas in a field to allow for drainage. Some are just grass, some are like a little dry creeks when there is no rain. There is only water running through them when it rains. They lead to ditches or creeks which drain the water away from the fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500