Found Deceased IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #3

We have to remember that DS was reported to LE as a missing person possibly due to a medical emergency. If LE rolls up and does not initially see signs of a struggle or any blood, they probably thought there's no reason to take fingerprints. Do I agree? No, but Idk if Sac County deputies are rolling around with fingerprint kits in the cars. Also, SS had her son and his girlfriend clean the truck out shortly after DS went missing, so if there were any prints, they were probably destroyed or not usable.

We have to remember that DS was reported to LE as a missing person possibly due to a medical emergency. If LE rolls up and does not initially see signs of a struggle or any blood, they probably thought there's no reason to take fingerprints. Do I agree? No, but Idk if Sac County deputies are rolling around with fingerprint kits in the cars. Also, SS had her son and his girlfriend clean the truck out shortly after DS went missing, so if there were any prints, they were probably destroyed or not usable.
bbm
I know, that the family had visitors at the time: SS' daughter and the partner with their child/toddler ("DS kissed the grandchild good-bye"). I don't know, if there is also an adult son with a girlfriend? I only heard of the Twin boys, who are the common children of SS and DS.

bbm
I know, that the family had visitors at the time: SS' daughter and the partner with their child/toddler ("DS kissed the grandchild good-bye"). I don't know, if there is also an adult son with a girlfriend? I only heard of the Twin boys, who are the common children of SS and DS.
She has 2 younger boys, an adult son, and an adult daughter with boyfriend

bbm

Last edited:
bbm
I agree, I get why they did it that way, because it was possible medical i can understand acting immediately to find him, i can even understand in a way the detective calling him off davids phone, because it would of been an act fast life or death. I just wish they'd stopped at that and said okay no not here keep searching then take the mechanics prints authorize him to drive it back since you dont know how to drive it and dont have anyone else to do so, then be under orders to not touch it unless hes found. But unfortunately seems like just a matter of moving so fast looking that it hurt the case later. Or possibly, thats assuming he didnt get out of the truck and walk into trouble..we could all be wrong. And i cant imagine going through it from Sara's end, I feel for her and why she would be upset, to me everything from her really seems to just come out of desperation, she just wants her husband and father of her kids back.

I've got to say I'm still pretty surprised by the lack of any additional info over the last couple of months. I truly wonder if we will ever find him and/or what happened in this case. Truly bizarre disappearance.

I've got to say I'm still pretty surprised by the lack of any additional info over the last couple of months. I truly wonder if we will ever find him and/or what happened in this case. Truly bizarre disappearance.

There probably isn't much additional info to give if they haven't found anything. They're unlikely to give regular updates when all they can say is: "We have no updates."

As @darring21 just alluded to, the next update might be when the surrounding fields are back in use.

There probably isn't much additional info to give if they haven't found anything. They're unlikely to give regular updates when all they can say is: "We have no updates."

As @darring21 just alluded to, the next update might be when the surrounding fields are back in use.
Right, I am just surprised after two months they haven't found anything or no one has come forward with a tip that led to something more than just "no updates". At first I had thought LE maybe knew more and were just not telling the public to make sure they had enough evidence but as time has gone by I truly think they are just as stumped MOO.
We'll hear about it when planting season starts. Until then, endless speculation.
Agree, hopefully something will come to light at that point but yes, it is just endless speculation as it seems there is really nothing more known now to go off of from early on in his disappearance. Some small bits and pieces here and there but IMO nothing substantial to lead in speculating one way or another. I feel for his family as this must be unbelievably frustrating and heartbreaking.

I feel if he was going to walk off & end it, this wasn't the time or place.

But I DO know when people are literally done, as in TIRED OF IT & NOT DOING IT ANYMORE -- nothing matters.

Last edited:
LE said David was scrolling on his phone while stopped at Marker 126. If that was his own phone, LE knows what he was checking: Messages? From whom?, To whom? , Web sites? How to disappear? How to get false ID? What are the symptoms of a heart attack, a stroke? How to end your life?
LE also knows who the last person he spoke to on early Tuesday morning was and what the conversation was about. Did David call that person or did that person call David?
There are certainly lots of tidbits of information that LE knows and we don’t. They may or may not have a good idea of what happened to David, but they definitely have one leg up on us as far as theories go.

In this day & age fingerprints can mean touch DNA.

LE said David was scrolling on his phone while stopped at Marker 126. If that was his own phone, LE knows what he was checking: Messages? From whom?, To whom? , Web sites? How to disappear? How to get false ID? What are the symptoms of a heart attack, a stroke? How to end your life?
LE also knows who the last person he spoke to on early Tuesday morning was and what the conversation was about. Did David call that person or did that person call David?
There are certainly lots of tidbits of information that LE knows and we don’t. They may or may not have a good idea of what happened to David, but they definitely have one leg up on us as far as theories go.

They know exactly what was happening on that phone. That's why LE was so quiet during that woman who perpetrated the kidnapping hoax in Alabama recently. They were working with what they knew to be fact. I imagine something similar is happening here.

But no one knew what it was including the RP so seems an open minded approach by experienced LE should have been taken and it was not. Covering bases, maintaining potential evidence ie the truck, to me those are basics. Quite often missing persons turn into a criminal investigation. We all know that. Law-enforcement should know that and follow procedure to protect whatever they might be able to discover evidence on at a later date when they are prepared. The truck sure as heck did NOT need to be taken and cleaned by family. What possibly needed to be done was due diligence just in case “something” happened, which, in this case, it sure did. JMO

But no one knew what it was including the RP so seems an open minded approach by experienced LE should have been taken and it was not. Covering bases, maintaining potential evidence ie the truck, to me those are basics. Quite often missing persons turn into a criminal investigation. We all know that. Law-enforcement should know that and follow procedure to protect whatever they might be able to discover evidence on at a later date when they are prepared. The truck sure as heck did NOT need to be taken and cleaned by family. What possibly needed to be done was due diligence just in case “something” happened, which, in this case, it sure did. JMO
RP?

Reactions: HD1

Sadly that's not how LE works. They don't forensically secure every scene "just in case." They never have and likely never will. The resources simply don't exist to do that, especially at a comparatively small, rural Sherriff's Office.

You say they didn't take an open-minded approach, but you don't know that. Personally I have little doubt that when the truck was first found, the scene was looked at to see if there was any sign of a third-party or foul play--which there apparently wasn't. But when the missing person has been reported as a medical issue, the first thing on the agenda will be putting all resources towards trying to find them. It has to be.

Imagine if LE had wasted time and resources securing "evidence," when David was lying just a few hundred feet away, clinging to life in the middle of a field. LE went back to the truck after they had spent two or three days searching for David without success. In all likelihood, for those first few days they fully expected to find him nearby. And who knows, they still might.

If your husband vanished and his truck was left behind, why would the family care about "cleaning it" in the first few days? That'd be the last thing on my mind.
You know, I have concluded that David is dead, LE knows basically what occurred, but does not have the hard evidences to proceed (a body, manner of death, autopsy results). They are sitting on the case; riding the missing/not found, until
some facet breaks. A tip on the increased reward, the perps get comfortable that they have gotten away with it, or one of those involved weakens/perps fall out and it all comes out. May be wrong, but there had to be some thought put into this by those who did it, so there is a level of trust among those involved. Weak links...

If your husband vanished and his truck was left behind, why would the family care about "cleaning it" in the first few days? That'd be the last thing on my mind.
@doublestop I don't think the truck was cleaned as you are thinking. Sarah had her son and his girlfriend "clean out" the truck. This would be removing David's personal possessions and other things inside the truck. I believe Sarah did this with the intention of readying the truck for sale to get away from paying the monthly payments and expenses. This happened in mid December, long after LE had taken the truck from the mechanics place of business to perhaps forensically examine the truck.

JMO

You know, I have concluded that David is dead, LE knows basically what occurred, but does not have the hard evidences to proceed (a body, manner of death, autopsy results). They are sitting on the case; riding the missing/not found, until
some facet breaks. A tip on the increased reward, the perps get comfortable that they have gotten away with it, or one of those involved weakens/perps fall out and it all comes out. May be wrong, but there had to be some thought put into this by those who did it, so there is a level of trust among those involved. Weak links...
There's no tangible motive and no evidence whatsoever of foul play. I agree though, there's going to be a level of trust amongst those involved. And sooner or later I'm sure that's going to fall apart. The only question is how long he's going to be able to live in obscurity.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back