IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is the prior convo/posts being recalled about cartels needing drivers...fwiw.

Thank you!

I went down the Sparky's rabbit hole.

If I'm understanding this information correctly, Sparky's is a family-owned business in Iowa, with various locations.

Here's a bit more info that I found on a trucker information website. I can definitely see truckers stopping at a Sparky's for food, fuel, etc.

Maybe the upscale MM 126 was geared more towards tourists?

Sparky's One Stop #22 | Hwy 4 & Hwy 30 Jefferson, | Semi Trucks For Sale

Family-Owned Chain of Convenience Stores Located in West Central Iowa

JMVHO.

Last edited:
It is odd that only one muck boot was found, if indeed only one was.

If David was wearing them, why would one come off? The muck boots I've seen aren't always easy to pull on or off. If he wasn't wearing them, why would they be outside the truck at all, and where is the other one? If one was still in the truck how did the other end up outside?

Shoes can fly off if people are struck by a vehicle, but would a muck boot fly off?

You might expect someone to throw David's belongings out of the truck if they were stealing it. But the truck was found next to his belongings, so that wasn't the reason.

The belongings in the ditch feel like they might have been placed there deliberately. It's just a question of whether David left them there himself, or someone else "set the scene" after doing whatever it is they did.

RBBM

If only one muck boot was found, I'm thinking David was either running or was dragged.

I wonder if any blood was found on the belongings or in the truck.

JMVHO.

....no video of DS stopping at the truck stop on Hwy 4, why was there searching around there? Wasn't that supposedly based on some information? Same with Brushy Creek?

And again, who "heard from" DS in the "early morning" of the 21st? That would have had to be when DS was nearing his exit and/or driving north (unless he stayed in the truck for awhile after parking it). That call (via phone or radio) would be significant, I imagine, and known almost immediately since it was on the Missing notices.

I wonder if DS radioed dispatch that he was nearing the Sac City exit, because from there he really would have been only a few minutes from the drop off location. I wonder how long DS's boss knew DS had never shown up before he told Sarah?
(Snipped/BBM) Great post! And wouldn't you think, DS's boss, would have driven to the drop off site prior to a visit to Sarah? That truck was NOT hidden, he would have seen it. I suspect he only made a call to the drop off site, not a personal visit. If DS had any problems with the load, the boss would be notified, NOT the wife. IMO

Search areas - "Uninvited Jake, with the United Cajun Navy (UCN)," directed to areas LE/Firemen had already searched. He is beneficial to LE regardless. IMO publicized search areas may be used to "trick the guilty." Yesterday's UCN search, DS's sons JS/IS assisted; it is doubtful they would be placed in a search with the probability of locating their deceased father. This is not to say that there's anything wrong with a second look, it was a valuable learning experience for the boys, and good to be outdoors IMO. It's heartbreaking.

I had to refresh my memory as to what a muck boot looks like.

Here is a link. I agree with other posters; a muck boot might be difficult to pull off ones foot.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/...ots-15mbommnchrhblckxfbo/15mbommnchrhblckxfbo

JMVHO.
The muck boots shown here are what a lot of farmers where as they have good traction and you cannot just step out of them. Unless you are in sucking mud calf deep, then I have pulled them off. They are warm and waterproof as well.

Here is another type of boot that is really an overshoe you can pull on over your regular shoes. They are not all that sturdy or great for traction.

Amazon.com

There are also boot covers that could be used, especially if the driver is not going into the hog unit, which they probably would not. Most of these units are shower in/ shower out for bio security purposes.

Waterproof Boot Covers S-19250 - Uline

I have seen livestock haulers wearing coveralls to load out. Anything from disposable to ones like these that can be washed.

Full Coverage Disposable Protective Suit, XX-Large

Last edited:
The muck boots shown here are what a lot of farmers where as they have good traction and you cannot just step out of them. They are warm and waterproof as well.

Here is another type of boot that is really an overshoe you can pull on over your regular shoes. They are not all that sturdy or great for traction.

Amazon.com

There are also boot covers that could be used, especially if the driver is not going into the hog unit, which they probably would not. Most of these units are shower in/ shower out for bio security purposes.

Waterproof Boot Covers S-19250 - Uline

I have seen livestock haulers wearing coveralls to load out. Anything from disposable to ones like these that can be washed.

Full Coverage Disposable Protective Suit, XX-Large

This is exactly the sort of information I think it's important to know, and which we don't yet have an answer for.

What kind of muck boots: Thick rubber boots which in the UK we would call Wellington Boots? Thin disposable overshoes? Clogs?

What kind of coverall: Washable hardwearing fabric? This disposable plastic? White? Brown? Blue? Pink with yellow spots?

IMO this matters.

I had to refresh my memory as to what a muck boot looks like.

Here is a link. I agree with other posters; a muck boot might be difficult to pull off ones foot.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/...ots-15mbommnchrhblckxfbo/15mbommnchrhblckxfbo

JMVHO.
I have several pairs of muck boots, wear them to the barn. You step into them you don’t have to do much to take them off except step out. They are not tight at all. Think in a rush, or some type of physical altercation if there was one, they could very easily fall off or be dragged off. Jmo

(Snipped/BBM) Great post! And wouldn't you think, DS's boss, would have driven to the drop off site prior to a visit to Sarah? That truck was NOT hidden, he would have seen it. I suspect he only made a call to the drop off site, not a personal visit. If DS had any problems with the load, the boss would be notified, NOT the wife. IMO

Search areas - "Uninvited Jake, with the United Cajun Navy (UCN)," directed to areas LE/Firemen had already searched. He is beneficial to LE regardless. IMO publicized search areas may be used to "trick the guilty." Yesterday's UCN search, DS's sons JS/IS assisted; it is doubtful they would be placed in a search with the probability of locating their deceased father. This is not to say that there's anything wrong with a second look, it was a valuable learning experience for the boys, and good to be outdoors IMO. It's heartbreaking.
It was reported that Sarah repeatedly tried calling DS that morning, but I wonder if anyone drove the route DS would have taken to make sure he didn’t run into any trouble.

His truck was about 5-6 miles north of the dropoff site on a road no one would have thought David would have taken to get to Weichman’s, so I don’t think his boss would have seen it.

I imagine his boss called dropoff, or dropoff called him, inquiring as to whether David ever picked up the pigs, and then he had to make an in-person trip to DS’s home as perhaps he didn’t have their landline number or Sarah’s cell number after repeated attempts to contact DS directly failed.

Not that I know of.
That's why it is such an interesting concept/theory to me.
There is a movie, with an aged Clint Eastwood, "The Mule" who was forced to be a driver for the Cartel.
It was actually believable.
But I don't believe that happened here imo.
But what happened ??
I feel terrible for his wife and family.

There is a movie, with an aged Clint Eastwood, "The Mule" who was forced to be a driver for the Cartel.
It was actually believable.
But I don't believe that happened here imo.
But what happened ??
I feel terrible for his wife and family.
I feel awful for them as well. I could see someone hitting him accidentally if he had stopped suddenly, maybe he felt something wasn’t right with the load in the trailer. He may have even had his flashers on. They paniced and felt they had to remove him from the scene so it couldn’t be blamed on them. They turned off his engine, the lights, so no one would spot the truck for hours, giving them time to get away . But… that doesn’t explain the truck being found where it was, or the tossing of his coat and possibly a boot and gloves.

His truck was about 5-6 miles north of the dropoff site on a road no one would have thought David would have taken to get to Weichman’s, so I don’t think his boss would have seen it.

I imagine his boss called dropoff, or dropoff called him, inquiring as to whether David ever picked up the pigs, and then he had to make an in-person trip to DS’s home as perhaps he didn’t have their landline number or Sarah’s cell number after repeated attempts to contact DS directly failed.

That reminds me, (so jumping off your post because as you point out no one ever would have thought David would take that road, so his boss never would have seen it there but yet) Sarah's friend saw his truck parked there at 5:30AM.

Snipped...
...Sarah said the police called her from his phone Tuesday afternoon. She added that a friend of hers had nearly hit the truck earlier around 5:30 a.m.

That reminds me, (so jumping off your post because as you point out no one ever would have thought David would take that road, so his boss never would have seen it there but yet) Sarah's friend saw his truck parked there at 5:30AM.

Snipped...
...Sarah said the police called her from his phone Tuesday afternoon. She added that a friend of hers had nearly hit the truck earlier around 5:30 a.m.
That is curious, isn’t it? Does her friend live up that way, perhaps taking N14 south to her job? Or north, even, if she lived south and took it as a back road to a job up north.

Snipped...
Maybe Sarah lived on that road. Idk. Why would le call Sarah from his phone asking about her friend who almost hit the truck? Weird imo

Maybe Sarah lived on that road. Idk. Why would le call Sarah from his phone asking about her friend who almost hit the truck? Weird imo
I *THINK* after the wife reported David as missing, she would have called her friends/family. When she and her friend realized the friend saw David's truck, the friend called the location info into LE. Then, LE found the truck and the cellphone in the truck and called the wife.

TOTAL speculation, not fact. jmo

I *THINK* after the wife reported David as missing, she would have called her friends/family. When she and her friend realized the friend saw David's truck, the friend called the location info into LE. Then, LE found the truck and the cellphone in the truck and called the wife.

I’m sorry I meant why le would use his phone? Wouldn’t you think they would bag the phone as evidence and it be fingerprinted ?

I’m sorry I meant why le would use his phone? Wouldn’t you think they would bag the phone as evidence and it be fingerprinted ?
I know! I sure hope they did, but I’m not hopeful. It would have given me a heart attack to see a call come in from his phone only to hear LE on the other end. Surely they had her number as she reported him missing. Sloppy, if you ask me. I guess at that point they weren’t suspecting foul play but you never know so they need to be careful.

That makes sense to me! The friend may not have even known it was his truck, but recalled driving in the dark past “a” truck so reported it at that later time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay