IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am starting to feel like something happened during the loading of the pigs. No idea what, or who could be involved, but if it was self harm - I feel like they would have found him.

JMO
I tend to agree! I definitely don’t think it happened during the unload. The value of the pigs would be too high for them to leave them loaded and send the truck away IMO.

I can completely appreciate this. And it really does make the most sense.

For me, the location his truck was found is an odd detail that I'm just trying to reason out. It doesn't make sense for it to be there based on what little information we know, which is why I suggested an alternate driving route. I'm not satisfied with that explanation, though, either, tbh. A more likely scenario is that there was a legitimate reason for him to be there, we just don't know what it is yet.
I was focused on the route and the location of the truck earlier and then decided that it wasn't that important.

This is from the search organizer's Facebook from 3 hours ago... "We are not just our wandering around aimlessly that I can promise you we are searching where we are for a reason!"

We know they searched Brushy Creek, then spent a couple of days near Sparkys, and now are headquartering in Sac City and going Northeast (I think, please correct if you have more current information). A searcher mentioned getting equipment to search the lake where his phone pinged. I'm guessing the lake near Sparky's but its a big guess. I would surmise that his phone spent more time then expected near Brushy Creek and near Sparky's.

Also, nothing about searching near the pick up (except for the first day or two) or drop off location. Not that I'm aware of, anyway.

I can completely appreciate this. And it really does make the most sense.

For me, the location his truck was found is an odd detail that I'm just trying to reason out. It doesn't make sense for it to be there based on what little information we know, which is why I suggested an alternate driving route. I'm not satisfied with that explanation, though, either, tbh. A more likely scenario is that there was a legitimate reason for him to be there, we just don't know what it is yet.

I'm still not sure the truck was actually found somewhere it shouldn't have been, because we don't know exactly where David's drop-off point was. All we know is that he was supposed to be going from Eagle Grove to Sac City, but the area where the truck was found is still part of the greater Sac City area.

I was focused on the route and the location of the truck earlier and then decided that it wasn't that important.

This is from the search organizer's Facebook from 3 hours ago... "We are not just our wandering around aimlessly that I can promise you we are searching where we are for a reason!"

We know they searched Brushy Creek, then spent a couple of days near Sparkys, and now are headquartering in Sac City and going Northeast (I think, please correct if you have more current information). A searcher mentioned getting equipment to search the lake where his phone pinged. I'm guessing the lake near Sparky's but its a big guess. I would surmise that his phone spent more time then expected near Brushy Creek and near Sparky's.
Thank you. That's good information.

Also, nothing about searching near the pick up (except for the first day or two) or drop off location. Not that I'm aware of, anyway.
I'm very glad to read that about some sort of water search.

The part about kissing everyone good bye except for one child is odd
Oh my goodness, just read this. It’s gut wrenching sad for me. Like why?? Would have taken him longer to say that sentence vs giving child a kiss goodbye.

Can anyone think of examples of a fatal accident that could realistically happen at the site and be covered-up, though?
Got hit by a vehicle/tractor/loader, got knocked over by a hog and hit his head, slipped in the muck and hit his head. And probably a lot more but those are just my original thoughts.

This doesn't feel like a crime scene. It feels like self harm. It sounds like he lived at an overwhelming pace. One this day he reportedly worked all day, showered, was scheduled to work all night and had family visiting at home, expecting him to share some of his time when he was finally off work.

Imagine if he didn't have his unloading clothes in the truck because he forgot them at the first stop and realized he'd need to turn back. That would be awful for anyone working that kind of schedule, but if he was particularly stressed it could be worse. I'd like to know if his phone shows he had any conversations that night.

Seems very much out of character for how his wife describes him.
And why even add that detail at all? I guess it bothers me, like smearing someone, telling a secret too soon. Why was it relevant to include. Probably innocuous but we're picking at anything here.

ETA: Regarding the quote about him saying he did not have enough time to kiss his second son.

Definitely not that wet in this part of Iowa.

Understood. You know much more about the weather in Iowa than I do.

What I will say is that bodies, dead or alive, have sometimes been moved surprising distances by shockingly small amounts of water. Not very often, but it has happened occasionally.

Wasn’t his phone found in the truck? So the searches are also in areas near the truck? Sorry, I just have trouble following the various location info.

If there was a conspiracy to cover up what ever happened at the unloading site I don't think someone there would have called the guy who is responsible for setting up the trucks hauling the loads, if that is how he was informed David didn't deliver his load, to say David never showed up with the load of Little Oinkers.

I guess someone at the loading site could say "Yep, loaded here and left around midnight", but to get everyone there to commit to that would be task. When LE starts interviewing employees there would be so many inconsistency it would become apparent right away they were on the right track.

MO
If the unloading people DIDN'T report their load undelivered they would really look guilty IMO. Plus, the people working in the middle of the night unloading the pigs likely wouldn't be the boss or the person in charge. So. I would say the person in charge the next morning might have tried contacting David (when expecting a delivery most places are in contact with the driver) and when he didn't answer then got a hold of the guy who went to his house and talked to his wife. IF something at the unloading place happened the owner/boss/manager could be totally unaware as they may not have been there during the night. MOO

And why even add that detail at all? I guess it bothers me, like smearing someone, telling a secret too soon. Why was it relevant to include. Probably innocuous but we're picking at anything here.

ETA: Regarding the quote about him saying he did not have enough time to kiss his second son.
I agree! Why even mention that part? His poor son may have to live with that being said to him for the rest of his life, no need to put it out in the media.

The guy that David hauls for told David's wife when he knocked on the door that David didn't deliver his load.

One can assume that this guy was likely contacted by the location where David was to deliver and told that David never delivered his load. Unless this guy calls every place his trucks are to deliver to see if the loads arrived, which I kind of doubt.

I would also assume that when this guy was contacted and told that David didn't deliver his load, he called the location in Eagle Grove to see if David picked up his load of piglets, which apparently he was told David did, since David's wife reported that David would never pull over to sleep while loaded.

That sort of takes the mystery out of something happening to David at the loading or unloading locations IMO.
I don't know if it takes the mystery out of it for sure though.

If it was foul play, involving something at work, the pigs in the truck could have been reloaded and abandoned, as a staged event. For example, he takes them to unloading site---things go sideways for some reason---he sees some crime happening with the employees, or has a beef with one of them, or gets hurt/killed thru negligence there?

And those employees reload his truck and move it, to stage the scene, making it look like he never arrived at unloading dock?

Last edited:
But an accident doesn't need to be covered up, right? An accident is an accident.
jmo
I agree....but some people do strange things that do not make sense. Maybe the worker(s) have criminal records, maybe they had items on them they shouldn't have had and didn't want to get the police involved asking them questions that would get them in trouble for something else and/or the police try to blame the accident on them.

I just reread every post here and I have some questions. If anyone can answer any of them, please do. It will help me sort my thoughts.
Prior to 730 pm Monday, what was David doing and was his wife aware that he would be leaving to do the shipment before then?
Why did she mention later about the lack of kiss for the one child?
I believe LE said the last time DS was heard from was in the wee hours of Tuesday morning (doesn't give specifics of who) yet wife says it wasn't unusual for her not to hear from him overnight so who was he talking to at that ungodly time? If he had made calls then we know he left pick up location alive.
Is it normal to move livestock on such a short haul overnight?
What time did drop off facility expect him?
If a friend almost hit his truck at 530 AM, wouldn't they have found it odd and either stopped to check if DH was in the truck or called wife to report what they saw?

All the information we have, I believe, has come directly from the wife and I don't recall LE or anyone else giving the public any information. Wondering how accurate it is. The go fund me up so quickly after disappearance I find strange. Motives to injure or kill someone are usually based on 2 things, love or money. His wallet with money was found in the truck. I am also wondering why you would kidnap him. Would his skill of having a CDL and being capable of driving a tractor trailer be an asset to someone or a group that is involved in something terrible? Any one have any ideas on any of these things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member