IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The children's scent would have been on the bikes, and when the dogs were directed to track the scent, they went to the bikes. That's all they did. Couldn't this also mean that the dogs simple located the items that belonged to the children? Since the dogs did not track in any direction away from the bikes, wouldn't that mean that there was no scent from the children leading in any direction away from the bikes?

How would we conclude that because the dogs identified the bikes that belonged to the children, the children were there ... especially given the fact that the dogs stopped dead in their tracks at the bikes?

I wasn't there and even if I had been there, I wouldn't know. Depending on the dog, I might be able to make an educated guess but only the handler knows.

According to the reports I read, though, the dogs didn't stop at the bikes. They kept on going. What that means, only the handler knows for sure. As I recall, Aunt TB said the dogs went into the woods; Sandy Breault of the FBI said the dogs went towards the water.

Neither account suggests to me that the dogs stopped dead. I would be really, really surprised if the dogs did stop dead, without doing any casting around at all for more scent.

Egads! I didn't realize the thread had run so long. I'll work on a new one and post the link in a few minutes.

Egads! I didn't realize the thread had run so long. I'll work on a new one and post the link in a few minutes.

Thanks for letting it run through Elizabeth's celebration though. I almost posted a mod request to do that so we could all "be there together" so to speak, and was glad when the thread didn't get closed.

I don't remember that. What I recall is that Elizabeth had a couple of neighborhood friends that rode their bikes to the lake and that she had gone with them on a couple of occassions.

That is correct. But in addition to that, Mr C also said he was familiar with Elizabeth because she would ride her bike to the end of his street, turn around, and wave at him -- frequently.

When LE gets the results of the autopsies, how much will they share w/the public?

I mean, other than them probably saying the case is now classified as a homicide, do you think they will address such things as:

COD?
whether body site is primary/secondary?
were girls clothed? (if not, were clothes found w/them?)
Do they believe there was a sexual assault?

Friday July 13th was a very hot and humid day, with light rain on and off. Many people in Iowa on a day like this, stay indoors where it's cooler. I noticed the day that I rode the bike trail to the lake which was on the weekend, there was only one person that I passed on that bike trail. Remember it only took me less than 10 minutes to reach the lake where the bikes were found, from Elizabeths residence.

Here's weather data for the day. Very hot?

http://www.wunderground.com/history...y=Cedar+Falls&req_state=IA&req_statename=Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname