Found Deceased IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 #38

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by Greater Than, May 13, 2017.

1. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

The Lyon case is a horrendous one and I don’t think it has been resolved satisfactorily since I believe one of the perps involved is deceased and escaped justice.

2. SouthernMom

SouthernMom Well-Known Member

Joseph Duncan kidnapped SammieJo White and Carmen Cubias off the street prior to kidnapping the Groene children and killing their family.
    Edited to add...Joseph E Duncan would have been imprisoned in 2009 and not a suspect in Lyric and Lizzie’s murders.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.spokesman.com/stories/2008/aug/26/killings-of-three-other-kids-recounted/?amp-content=amp

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  3. watcher9

watcher9 Well-Known Member

superbee, Jim_M, kkdj and 8 others like this.
  4. SouthernMom

Praying for a break in this case soon.

superbee, Jim_M, Bootsctr and 11 others like this.
  5. Falling Down

Falling Down Well-Known Member

Great references, here. I don't believe it was accessible by 4WD. Here's a SS I took from Google Satellite, the pin is roughly where the bodies were found:

Attached Files:

6. Falling Down

Oh and BTW, my above post about the CS...

It would not have been accessible by 4WD during Summer, from what I've read, but maybe it was when the bodied were found? Similar to the Delphi case, the foliage really makes a difference in the environment. When the leaves are down, easy to get around in the woods and on MHB. Not so during Summer.

JMO

7. SouthernMom

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theore...9/10/kayleigh-morrison-liberty-mccasland/amp/

Forgive me if this link has been previously shared. The author does a good job of noting similarities between the Evansdale and Delphi murders. Im not convinced these cases are related, but open to the possibility. Truly hoping there aren’t TWO perpetrators capable of of this type of crime.

The FBI profile is included in this.

My personal opinion, although the FBI doesn’t agree, is that this is an individual is a transient and more like Gary Hilton. I feel that this person is opportunistic and the age of the victims makes them easier to scare into submission. Taking two at once may not have been intentional, but rather an unfortunate (for the girls) coincidence. If related, then the second crime was likely an intentional double abduction.
    I also feel the individual is familiar/comfortable with walking trails and outdoor locations.

If the crimes are related, then I wonder why the Evansdale girls were taken 25 miles away from the abduction site. Did Delphi Libby struggle with the abductor and this is what, in the end, kept the Delphi girls closer to the abduction site?

Praying we find the(se) individual(s) before it happens again.

Edited to add link

superbee, Suglo, Jim_M and 4 others like this.
  8. SouthernMom

superbee, Jim_M, Bootsctr and 5 others like this.
  9. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

That name has popped up before...imo.
    From link.

[​IMG]
    Jeff Lee Altmayer leaves the courtroom after being sentenced to life in prison for first-degree kidnapping, second-degree sexual abuse and two counts of enticing a minor Monday, Feb. 19, 2018. Altmayer held a legal pad in front of him throughout the sentencing, refusing the judge's order to put it down.(Photo: Zach Boyden-Holmes/The Register)

superbee, Jim_M, Bootsctr and 4 others like this.
  10. SouthernMom

Thank goodness for the brave young man who decided to follow the predator and help police catch him. The article says Mr Altmayer may be responsible for more than 19 attempted lurings across the state.

IDK if he is a suspect in the Evansville case, but it’s interesting to see his MO and note that he traveled further away from his town of residence to prevent being caught.
    It’s possible that the Evansville perp is not a local but does have knowledge of the area.
    Also of note is that Altmayers job gave him cause to travel across the region.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.desmoinesregister.com/amp/483420002

Snip <Austin Kirkpatrick, 22, of Onawa, pursued Jeff Altmayer in November 2016 -- helping police arrest him.> snip

11. watcher9

watcher9 Well-Known Member

Jeff Lee Altmayer - Yes, an article on him was spotted and posted linking him as a "possible".

Found some previous discussion. There probably is more. The post # takes you to the first in a discussion.

Found Deceased - IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #37 (post # 960)

Found Deceased - IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #37 (post #1200)

IA - IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #38 (post #76)

superbee, Jim_M, carbuff and 4 others like this.
  12. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Thanks for finding all those posts, good reading in them too!

superbee, Jim_M, Bootsctr and 4 others like this.
  13. Marilynilpa

Marilynilpa Well-Known Member

superbee, Jim_M, Bootsctr and 6 others like this.
  14. Marilynilpa

Marilynilpa Well-Known Member

Although this isn’t new info, I thought I’d post this again. I disagree with the “window of opportunity” theory, but it seems to be LE’s theory. JMO.

snip -

Federal authorities and Evansdale police said the suspect is likely familiar with Evansdale and saw a window of opportunity to kidnap and kill the two girls. Investigators said the murderers may also have attempted to abduct children in the past and may have tried to change their appearance after the girls’ deaths.

snip

https://news.google.com/articles/CA...w69j-ATDqjRcwjb-YBg?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

15. Falling Down

Some facts about CE:

He's not particularly bright.
    He does not have a driver's license/isn't very mobile.

I don't see him as being a killer, JMO.

16. B4igo2it

B4igo2it Well-Known Member

Refresher from June 2018 documentary:
    (many comments posted, "JJ" ??

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    superbee, Jim_M, watcher9 and 5 others like this.
  17. SouthernMom

BBM
    IMHO, This would make him a less like likely suspect for this crime because the girls were removed from the park quickly and without, as far as we currently know, being witnessed.
    Most likely, the suspect had use of a vehicle to move the girls from the abduction site to the recovery site.

18. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

I don't know whether it's true he isn't mobile. Do you have a source for that?

19. Jim_M

Jim_M Well-Known Member

Bumping to review :)