IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, found deceased, Evansdale, 13 Jul 2012 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff Lee Altmayer - Yes, an article on him was spotted and posted linking him as a "possible".

Found some previous discussion. There probably is more. The post # takes you to the first in a discussion.

Found Deceased - IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #37 (post # 960)

Found Deceased - IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #37 (post #1200)

IA - IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #38 (post #76)

Jeff Lee Altmayer - Yes, an article on him was spotted and posted linking him as a "possible".

Found some previous discussion. There probably is more. The post # takes you to the first in a discussion.

Found Deceased - IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #37 (post # 960)

Found Deceased - IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #37 (post #1200)

IA - IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #38 (post #76)
Thanks for finding all those posts, good reading in them too!

Although this isn’t new info, I thought I’d post this again. I disagree with the “window of opportunity” theory, but it seems to be LE’s theory. JMO.

snip -

Federal authorities and Evansdale police said the suspect is likely familiar with Evansdale and saw a window of opportunity to kidnap and kill the two girls. Investigators said the murderers may also have attempted to abduct children in the past and may have tried to change their appearance after the girls’ deaths.

snip

https://news.google.com/articles/CA...w69j-ATDqjRcwjb-YBg?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

Some facts about CE:

He's not particularly bright.
He does not have a driver's license/isn't very mobile.

I don't see him as being a killer, JMO.

BBM
IMHO, This would make him a less like likely suspect for this crime because the girls were removed from the park quickly and without, as far as we currently know, being witnessed.
Most likely, the suspect had use of a vehicle to move the girls from the abduction site to the recovery site.

Hi Jim_M thank you for taking the time to review the case. Frustratingly despite there being 38 threads there is so much we don’t know in this tragic case.
I realize frustrating is just one word here. Coming up on 6 years in 5 months. 6 years! I can remember their first going missing. The CCTV (or whatever caught the girls riding their bikes) video and knowing they were riding into the unknown. The unknown becoming the reality of their discovered remains, after 5 months of investigation. So sad.

So sad to see our girls so far down on this thread. I wish there was more to discuss.

I’ve been binge-watching episodes of “Cold Justice” on YouTube. I haven’t had cable in a couple of years so there were a lot of episodes I hadn’t seen. After catching up on the episodes, I find it sad that there are so many cases where LE knows who the killer(s) is/are but just can’t get that one piece of evidence that allows them to make an arrest. I wonder if that might be the case here.

Like many of us, I think of the girls often and struggle very hard to hold on to hope that this case will be solved one day.

This is not recent (2014, in fact) but I found something that might generate a little conversation:

“Local officials are hoping that by presenting the case to this panel that they will confirm what is already known and may offer suggestions on additional testing or area's to be looked at.”

Police, Evansdale Police Department Evansdale, IA Updates

What additional testing could be done? Could there be DNA? What do you guys think could be “additionally” tested?

Since nothing new has arisen since this was mentioned in 2014, if any additional testing was done it certainly hasn’t led to an arrest.

— SIGH —

This is a 2017 article about this case, which is IMO a good summary.

The pain of 2 Iowa girls' killings remains, but resolve in Evansdale only grows

“In just the past few months, authorities began a new approach in their investigation of the killings.”

I guess this new approach didn’t help much, since the case is still unsolved. So frustrating for the families and for LE.

“Collins said he thinks Elizabeth and Lyric were alive when they were brought here — it seems impossible to him that they could have been carried.

“I think about how bad the bugs were and how scary it must have been for them,” Collins said. “Who could do this to two little girls?"

I know the deaths of Lyric and Elizabeth have hurt so many, but I think maybe the hardest hit was Drew. Or maybe it just seems that way because he is so outspoken about his feelings.

It’s really hard sometimes to keep being hopeful.

This is not recent (2014, in fact) but I found something that might generate a little conversation:

“Local officials are hoping that by presenting the case to this panel that they will confirm what is already known and may offer suggestions on additional testing or area's to be looked at.”

Police, Evansdale Police Department Evansdale, IA Updates

What additional testing could be done? Could there be DNA? What do you guys think could be “additionally” tested?

Since nothing new has arisen since this was mentioned in 2014, if any additional testing was done it certainly hasn’t led to an arrest.

— SIGH —

I would have thought everything that could be tested has been. Maybe something using new technology, DNA, finger or palm prints, marks on bones, tire treads or footprints, footage from security camera or data from cellphones? Maybe recheck alibi from possible suspects?

Reposting FBI possible profile.

Police, Evansdale Police Department Evansdale, IA Suspect Info

They've recently developed several techniques for getting good DNA from small or aged samples, and for amplifying and combining fragmented DNA, so they might be retesting almost anything in the hope of retrieving useful information.

Yes to this new fingerprint upgrade and to start with, maybe the two knives they found in the trees where the girls were found.

I was curious if the area where the remains of the girls were found had been flooded with all the flooding water upstream and just came across this article from 2015 about the knives.

Iowa park where slain girls were found has history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member