IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, found deceased, Evansdale, 13 Jul 2012 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes to this new fingerprint upgrade and to start with, maybe the two knives they found in the trees where the girls were found.

I was curious if the area where the remains of the girls were found had been flooded with all the flooding water upstream and just came across this article from 2015 about the knives.

Iowa park where slain girls were found has history

Interesting about the knives but it soudns like they're likely unrelated.

More interesting about fishing for catfish and hunting raccoons at night. I don't think we've mentioned either of those.

I really wish LE would have a press conference for these girls. I think it really brought renewed interest in the Abby and Libby case and it would in this case as well. If nothing else, LE could just emphasize that they are still on the case, still searching for this killer. They need to let the killer know that they haven't forgotten. JMO

I really wish LE would have a press conference for these girls. I think it really brought renewed interest in the Abby and Libby case and it would in this case as well. If nothing else, LE could just emphasize that they are still on the case, still searching for this killer. They need to let the killer know that they haven't forgotten. JMO
ITA!

BBM

Evansdale Police, or whomever is running this investigation, could do with some updating on this page from 2014.

Police, Evansdale Police Department Evansdale, IA Latest on Lyric and Elizabeth

~~snipped~~

"Collins keeps in regular contact with investigators, and he’s satisfied with their work even though he’s kept in the dark about most of what they know. He’s confident an arrest will be forthcoming, but he worries a killer is still at large

“I hope the scenario isn’t that they do it again and get caught,” he said. “That’s my biggest fear, that they will do it someone else
.”

IMO that has been a fear from day 1!

~~snipped~~

"Officials continue to offer rewards for tips that close the case.

A $150,000 reward, raised privately and by the FBI, is available for information leading to an arrest and conviction in the case.

On top of that, Cedar Valley Crime Stoppers has a $20,500 reward for anyone coming forward with information that simply leads to an arrest, said Brice Lippert, a Waterloo police officer who coordinates with the Crime Stoppers organization.
"

A great time to remind everyone about rewards also!

ITA!

BBM

Evansdale Police, or whomever is running this investigation, could do with some updating on this page from 2014.

~~snipped~~

"Collins keeps in regular contact with investigators, and he’s satisfied with their work even though he’s kept in the dark about most of what they know. He’s confident an arrest will be forthcoming, but he worries a killer is still at large

“I hope the scenario isn’t that they do it again and get caught,” he said. “That’s my biggest fear, that they will do it someone else
.”

~~snipped~~

A $150,000 reward, raised privately and by the FBI, is available for information leading to an arrest and conviction in the case.

On top of that, Cedar Valley Crime Stoppers has a $20,500 reward for anyone coming forward with information that simply leads to an arrest, said Brice Lippert, a Waterloo police officer who coordinates with the Crime Stoppers organization.
"

ITA!

BBM

~~snipped~~

.”

~~snipped~~

"

I imagine the girls families must feel forgotten. There must be something LE can do to keep this case in the public's and media's eye.

April 26 2019
Community briefs: Open house set in Cedar Falls
"Memorial coins will be for sale

WATERLOO — Limited edition memorial challenge coins in honor of Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Morrissey-Cook will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis.

Coins will be for sale at the annual Ride & Drive for the Girls on July 13 in Evansdale. Coins are $10 each.

They also will be available after June 1 by calling 961-3376.

Proceeds will go to Cedar Valley Crime Stoppers and Angel’s Park Memorial Island Foundation."

It breaks my heart and concerns me that this case hasn’t been solved. I suppose it’s possible the monster who is responsible could be serving time for something else.
Some of the SKs that we have threads on are incarcerated between murders.

thelibrarychannel
"Published on May 3, 2019
Recorded by April 23, 2019 This program will explore uses of DNA in crime scene investigation focusing on recent cold cases that use a public DNA database and family relationships to identify suspects of criminal investigations. We will consider implications that the application of this forensic genetic genealogy has on private DNA kit companies, law enforcement, and society. The program will include a discussion with Detective Matt Denlinger of the Cedar Rapids Police Department, who led the investigation that resulted in the December 2018 arrest of a suspect in a 1979 murder case. The DNA Interest Group is designed to bring together individuals in the Iowa City area interested in learning about the use and interpretation of commercial DNA test results. Meetings will address a variety of different topical areas, including applications in genealogy, inferences of traits, exploration of human genetic variation, and the societal impact of these services. Meetings will also include group discussions, and are free and open to the public. If this topic interests you, join us! Meetings will be the 4th Tuesday of the month at 6:00pm in Meeting Room A at the Iowa City Public Library. For more information, contact Bryant McAllister at bryant-mcallister@uiowa.edu and follow the group on Facebook: DNA Interest Group - Iowa City."

Do we really need to beat around the bush with him? A. He's dead and B. He's a confirmed kidnapper and murderer.

When all this happened, a separate thread under Serial Killers was set up for discussion of Klunder even though he was never charged in any other murder cases, only kidnapping. I don't know what happened to the threads for his kidnapping of the two girls in Dayton IA where one girl (D) escaped and the other Kathlynn Shepard was murdered.

IA - IA - KLUNDER, Michael J: Violent Sexual Offender, Murderer, and Suspected SK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen