Found Deceased IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 #38

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by Greater Than, May 13, 2017.

1. watcher9

watcher9 Well-Known Member

Delphi is in Indiana, but the other two cases were in Iowa.

What if he was planning to take the Delphi girls away by car to a different location but they were older and stronger than the little Evansdale girl? They ran or fought back and he had to alter his plans.

And to throw something else out there, another poster way back noted the similarity of the dates.
    Evansdale 7-13-12
    Delphi 2-13-17

2. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native

bbm

Way back when, we had a sizable list of similarities. Then it went overboard/nuts and lost traction. moo

3. Kell1

Kell1 Verified law enforcement

Apologies for the confusion brain getting fried in my old age

You may be right , but with so little info released in both cases, you could theoretically "what if" everything to death .

Abducting multiple victims is a high risk endeavour , the situation has too many variables, its much harder to control 2 vitims (why i feel a firearm or a knife was brandished), post offense there is nowtwice the evidence, and 2 bodies they have to manage.

However being able to sucessfully abduct and kill more than 1 victim on multiple occasions I think is pushing it for a single offender, that doesnt mean Im right, it may very well be, but we can only go off what info is released, and if that is truly acurate.

I know the 2 cases, (Evansdale and Delphi ) have been compared and from what i understand at this point LE feels there is no connection .

Which is even worse in my opionion because now theres more than 1 *** out there that has done this, with very high possibliity of doing it again .

If you listen to the last police report on the Delphi case, they feel he is a "local hiding in plain sight" .... Thats usually the case, with these types.

In Delphi , Im looking for anyone who may have been approached by a stranger in that area prior to that offense , are there any records, of anyone exposing himself in the area? .

He was comfortable there, that tells me hes very familiar with that area especially to commit a double homicide there in broad daylight, which was almost undoubtedly sexually motivated

The fact that noone has even come forward to clear themselves as the Male on the video lends me to beleive that the individual seen walking on toward them on the video is most likely responsible

It takes a VERY committed individual to approach 2 victims, in broad daylight , secure 2 victims ,and commit a double murder

Its possible (again) that being a local he may have even known the girls at "some level" I personally dont think so but it is possible .

This indivisual will also have a criminal history , most likely a history of sexual crimes and most likely against children , hell live in area , hell be a known oddball probably even suspected of the crime by some.

I wouldnt doubt that after releasing the new composite he wouldve altered his appearance , and since the statement "youre hidinig in plain sight " he may have suddenly left the area, which should be red flag for those around him.

Unusual interest in the case, wouldve been obvious "shedding" or getting rid of things he had on his person on that day

Ill save a full rundown for the Delphi thread

tnhybrid, B4igo2it, Betty P and 9 others like this.
  4. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

The details in a nutshell.
    7 years, still no answers
    July 14 2019
    "The girls went missing July 13, 2012. They last were seen riding their bicycles at about noon at Meyers Lake, a popular fishing and recreation area in Evansdale, a northeastern Iowa community of about 4,500 residents.

Their bicycles and Elizabeth’s purse were found at about 4 p.m. on a trail near the southeast corner of Meyers Lake.

For nearly five months following the disappearance, law enforcement agencies and community residents mounted an enormous search for the girls. Volunteers made T-shirts, buttons and posters emblazoned with the girls’ photos and local law enforcement officers and federal authorities searched the area and ran down leads.

Search efforts included sending divers into Lake Meyers — including a specialized FBI diving team from California and using a motorized pump to drain the 15- to 20-foot-deep lake.

The FBI also brought in trained bloodhounds with the bureau’s Human Scent Evidence Team, from the agency’s headquarters in Quantico, Virginia. Agents with an FBI Child Abduction Rapid Deployment team also were brought in to help with the investigation.

Authorities said some evidence had been seized in the investigation and sent to the DCI crime lab in Des Moines, but would not elaborate on what the evidence was. Officials said there also is security camera evidence of the girls at about 12:15 p.m., July 13, in an alley on Lafayette Road.

Their bodies were found on Dec. 5, by a group of hunters at the Seven Bridges Wildlife Park in Bremer County, about 20 miles north of Evansdale."

5. watcher9

Wonder if the evidence came from the discovery site? Like ropes or zip ties or cigarette butts?

Luckyzmom, Betty P, Bootsctr and 2 others like this.
  6. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Maybe there is even evidence from the perp "emptying" himself by a tree?
    speculation, imo.

7. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

It says evidence was seized during the investigation. Maybe I'm over-interpreting that phrase, but it indicates to me something that was taken from a person or place with a search warrant. More than just gathering evidence at the death scene.

I also wonder if they retrieved any helpful evidence from the girls bikes and purses, which, IIRC were possibly thrown over the fence at the park. There was some discussion over whether the girls abandoned the bikes or someone placed them there. If the latter, there may be fingerprints, possibly DNA. Apologies if I'm getting details wrong, it's been a long time since I re-read the details.

8. Fukiyama

Fukiyama Well-Known Member

Not some. :)

It was a central point of discussion when things were still active since it is a key to how things went down that day, if the girls were even at the lake that day or if they were taken elsewhere and bikes staged later by the perp.

B4igo2it, Betty P, kkdj and 5 others like this.
  9. 24Roses

24Roses Well-Known Member

neverletgo, wary, kkdj and 12 others like this.
  10. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this. I’m glad something is being done to try and move the case forward at long last.

Do you think they will release any new information?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  11. 24Roses

I doubt we will get any new information at all! I was very surprised to find the info. about the new reward.

threecrazykids, kkdj, misgrn and 5 others like this.
  12. Ommmm

Ommmm Well-Known Member

Probably not. But, I’m glad for anything which keeps this case from slipping away.

13. B4igo2it

B4igo2it Well-Known Member

14. 24Roses

15. 24Roses

Hazelnutty, misgrn, kkdj and 8 others like this.
  16. thesensitivechild

thesensitivechild Well-Known Member

17. Aymstriss

Aymstriss Active Member

Dan Morrissey is on the Black Hawk County docket for post conviction hearing....

misgrn, B4igo2it, kkdj and 2 others like this.
  18. watcher9

19. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

$50,000 Dollar reward please send any tips by phone or email. (Please do not discuss them here. Thank you)

Anyone with information on the case is encouraged to call Evansdale police at 319-232-6682, email the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigations at ourmissingiowagirls@dps.state.ia.us or call Cedar Valley Crime Stoppers at 855-300-8477.

Hazelnutty, misgrn, watcher9 and 3 others like this.
  20. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

I wish rewards actually worked to solve cases. :(