IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
TG and his daughter are both on the Facebook discussion page of this case. He was just posting a short while ago. JMO but I believe he stands by what he saw.

May I have the link pls? I keep forgetting to bookmark it - TIA.

Sorry everyone, psychic info and discussion is not allowed.

Thanks.

Ima

Thanks for the info, I didn't think it was taken the day TG reported seeing the bikes.

So TG, who has said all along that he rides his bike there a few times a week, happened to be photographed talking to LE at the lake on the Monday after the girls vanished? That makes him suspicious?

Come on, can't we just leave this guy alone.

What we know of TG is that he swerved to miss two bikes on the trail the day the girls disappeared, later heard that the girls were missing, and like a good citizen he went to the lake to tell LE what he saw that day. He did the best he could to ascertain the time he saw the bikes by determining when he called his daughter (12:27 p.m.) and working backwards, he figured out it was around 12:20 p.m. LE asked him to report what he saw to the police station, which he did.

Nothing TG has done seems the least bit incriminating, IMO.

Hope I didn't imply I thought TG did anything wrong. My question is why LE spokesman denies knowledge of him.

Just thought of something. Perhaps TG saw the bikes lying on the path before the two sided fencing started. And the girls did just drop them to explore the woods and may have been in there when he passed.

Maybe that's why we're not getting any clarification here. Because that's a huge clue if the bikes were later found further up the path neatly resting on the fence with the purse on the lake side...like a staging. And might explain the dogs heading straight to the woods, down the path from the bikes. They may have checked out the lake for a second because the purse was there but they started at the spot where the bikes were, sniffed the lake area where the purse was, but then headed straight for the woods?

IF TG is still posting on the FB group, can someone on there maybe ask him if he ever did go to the Evansdale Police Station to make a report. Because he certainly did not make one to off duty CEDAR RAPIDS policemen who were there helping in the search. They would have told him to go to the police station as they could not have taken a report from him. And that's exactly what the article says. The reporter(s) would have spoken with him before he actually made the report and he told them that he saw the bikes laying on the path. Then they reported that he went to the Evansdale Police Dept to report the sighting because that's likely where he told them he was going when he left them.

MOO

I agree - we really need to know where on the path he saw their bikes. Exact same spot as where they were found by LE - or some place else? I think that is really important. The other important piece imo is why Abben is denying knowledge of him.

LE could stop the discussion about TG by acknowledging that he is a witness who claimed publicly that he witnessed something (bikes) at the "abduction" location possibly, within the timeframe that the girls were missing. Acting like they've never heard of him is troubling to say the least. He is relevant to the investigation in my humble opinion. I don't think he is the abductor, and I don't rule him or anyone else out either until there is clarity in what happened to these girls. It is not "poor TG"...he is a witness. Tell me what rules him out....he's a nice civic minded person? There are plenty of perpetrators of all sorts that are just the nicest guy you ever met..Moo

do you mean that the family was not seen searching or that the witnesses were not in the park?

I mean that a credible sighting of the girls at the park is extremely important to establishing a time-line. It is incrediably important to know if the girls actually made it to the park.

"Someone has had to seen those girls on that day..." - Abben (today's presser).

Lots of things going through my mind right now but the Big Thing I would like to clarify is if LE have talked to the man that told Aunt Tammy that he saw the children at the park, BECAUSE Abben sure sounds as if he is saying that they have no witnesses who saw them there or anywhere else around town that day!

As far as I know, there has been NO ONE who witnessed the girls at the lake that day.

Aunt Tammy said a man told her he had seen two girls, but he doesn't count as a witness because he could have seen any two girls, not necessarily Lyric and Elizabeth. I don't think Tammy got any personal info from the man, so LE has no way to question him (unless that man contacts LE himself with the info).

TG saw two bikes on the trail that day at approx. 12:20 p.m., but he isn't a witness obviously because he didn't see the girls, and the bikes could have belonged to anyone.

Oops, I forgot about paddleboat man. He may be important because he saw something he didn't know he saw, or because he didn't see what he should have seen, or - heck, I get too confused at this point.:waitasec:

Anyway, I think Abben is correct when he says there have been no witnesses to place Lyric and Elizabeth in the park or anywhere else. I guess the grainy video footage of them is the last sighting.

On another topic - TG. Abben probably knows that a biker reported seeing the two bikes on the trail, but wasn't given the name of the biker. After all it was the information that was important, not the name of the person who provided the info, IMO

How do you know TG didn't see the girls? Oh, because he said so.

No tv working here tonight. Thanks for all reporting what is going on!

Hope I didn't imply I thought TG did anything wrong. My question is why LE spokesman denies knowledge of him.

My take on it is that Abben knows that someone reported seeing two bikes on the trail at the lake on the day the girls disappeared, but I don't think he was given that person's name because it wasn't relevant at that time.

How do you know TG didn't see the girls? Oh, because he said so.

Right, and that should be sufficient unless and until LE indicates TG is anything other than a concerned citizen. What exactly has he done that is so wrong? I just fail to see it. JMO

I agree - we really need to know where on the path he saw their bikes. Exact same spot as where they were found by LE - or some place else? I think that is really important. The other important piece imo is why Abben is denying knowledge of him.

BBM -

Maybe he just doesn't know. He said Chief Smock is in charge of the investigation. We need to hear from Chief Smock!

Hi Jules71,

Either TG never filed an official report with LE or LE is still compiling all the information that they have received and Abben really hasn't seen the information.

Or LE has discounted the information that they received from TG if he did file a report. It is quite possible that the bikes TG saw did not belong to the two girls as he did not state that he saw the girls.

One would think that if there was credible information that the bikes were seen on the trail at a specified time that LE would jump all over it to tighten the timeline.

It is my opinion that there is a flaw in the timeline as stated by TG and LE have discounted this sighting of the bikes by TG.

I seriously do not want to blog mobbed but here is my take and opinion on the TG sighting.

1. Last verified sighting of Lyric and Elizabeth is at 12:15 on grainy video tape
2. TG was biking on the trail and swerved to miss bikes
3. TG then goes to the washroom and calls his daughter after he comes out of the washroom.
4. TG uses the time on his phone device to determine when he saw the bikes. The time on his phone device was 12:27pm when he made the call to his daughter.

So, this in my opinion is a timeline of 12:15 to before 12:27 which leaves less than 12 minutes for the two girls to leave the store parking lot, make their way to the trail on the lake and to be abducted. The timeline does not work for LE and it doesn't work for me either.

All my opinion and based on collective readings regarding this case in MSM from the get-go.

All MOO.

eleph

As far as I know, there has been NO ONE who witnessed the girls at the lake that day.

Aunt Tammy said a man told her he had seen two girls, but he doesn't count as a witness because he could have seen any two girls, not necessarily Lyric and Elizabeth. I don't think Tammy got any personal info from the man, so LE has no way to question him (unless that man contacts LE himself with the info).TG saw two bikes on the trail that day at approx. 12:20 p.m., but he isn't a witness obviously because he didn't see the girls, and the bikes could have belonged to anyone.

I am pretty sure it was with the interview with Nancy Grace that Aunt Tammy said LE has the name and contact # for the man she talked to who told her he had seen the girls at the lake. I will try to find a link for that to share. We chatted about it on the previous thread last night. I think I saved the link. Thanks!

Edit to add reference/link:

snipped from transcript, Aunt Tammy speaking:

I said immediately to my mom, I said, Take me to Meyers Lake, take me to Meyers Lake. This is approximately a quarter to 2:00 when I asked -- or a quarter to 3:00 when I asked Mom to take me to Meyers Lake.

We pulled into Meyers Lake, right about where Jim and I are standing. And I got up and just jumped out and started asking random people, Have you seen two little girls, one on a mountain bike, you know, gave the complete descriptions of them. And a man -- they have his name. I don`t know who he is. He said to me, Yes, I seen two little girls going west on the bike trail.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/19/ng.01.html

I read somewhere that she said they have his name and # but I haven't found that link yet.

My take on it is that Abben knows that someone reported seeing two bikes on the trail at the lake on the day the girls disappeared, but I don't think he was given that person's name because it wasn't relevant at that time.

When the reporters asked Abben about this possible witness who saw the two bikes - he claimed no knowledge - at least 3 different times. No name was given when the reporters were asking about it.

I will say this for the umpth time. I don't think he's done anything "wrong". He is a witness of bikes on the trail at the location of the assumed abduction at the time the abduction possibly occurred. Therefore, Abben should know who he is and have information that he was thoroughly interviewed and cleared of any "involvement" other than being somewhere at a certain time. Instead...crickets. He is relevant to the investigation. You can't just say, oh don't bother him, he's such a nice guy....no, he says he was at that location at that time, and it is normal to rule each person out. Maybe they've done that, but they don't appear to acknowledge him at all. Moo

:moo:

We don't need to know everything that LE knows. We just want to. :D

The problem is that what LE tells us, they also tell the perp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11