Found Safe IA - Elizabeth Rodgers, 14, & Rylea Ostrander, 13, Lost Nation, Jones/Clinton Counties, 7 Jan 2021

"is described as having unnaturally rectangular-shaped drawn-in eyebrows." That's awful. I understand it's defining but wow.

Hope these two are simply with a friend and not someone dangerous. I agree re: Evansville, let's hope that's not the case. 14 is still so young, I can't believe what my parents let me do at that age, looking back I was clueless about the dangers. MOO.

So...the first thing that jumped out at me when I searched for the town is that it's home to the Anamosa State Penitentiary, a maximum security facility. It houses about 1,000 prisoners.

Six inmates at Anamosa have died of COVID-19 in this pandemic.

Iowa, like many states, have been releasing prisoners early on parole to reduce overcrowding and slow the spread of the virus, as it was around 20% over-capacity at the start of the crisis. Iowa Department of Corrections had 8,400 offenders incarcerated in April 2020 and reported 7,400 by September.

I don't know what Iowa's criteria for early release is, especially in COVID-19 times. But...depending on the criteria, where and the conditions of their release...

So...the first thing that jumped out at me when I searched for the town is that it's home to the Anamosa State Penitentiary, a maximum security facility. It houses about 1,000 prisoners.

Six inmates at Anamosa have died of COVID-19 in this pandemic.

Iowa, like many states, have been releasing prisoners early on parole to reduce overcrowding and slow the spread of the virus, as it was around 20% over-capacity at the start of the crisis. Iowa Department of Corrections had 8,400 offenders incarcerated in April 2020 and reported 7,400 by September.

I don't know what Iowa's criteria for early release is, especially in COVID-19 times. But...depending on the criteria, where and the conditions of their release...
Anamosa is the town with the sheriff's department. The girls are missing from Lost Nation is 30 miles SE of Anamosa. Lost Nation is a tiny town of less than 500 population.

Anamosa is the town with the sheriff's department. The girls are missing from Lost Nation is 30 miles SE of Anamosa. Lost Nation is a tiny town of less than 500 population.

Ohh I see. My bad. I just went off the town name in the dateline of that article. Thanks.

Is there a bridge anywhere near, or water?

Oh yes, there is an old stone arched bridge over a creek. And the park also has a, uh, a cemetery on its outskirts, interestingly enough.

From Traillink website:" The half-mile path is lined with trees and, although the trail is overlain with grass, the ballast of the former Chicago and Northwestern Railroad bed is still visible."

In an update: the police are looking for a vehicle that supposedly has the girls in it.Operation Quickfind: Elizabeth Rodgers and Rylea Ostrander (kcrg.com) The new info: "The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation said it is looking for a silver 2004 Silverado 2500 with the license plate “666YPI.”

Last edited:
“Elizabeth Rodgers was last seen in Oxford Junction on Thursday morning.

She’s 14-years-old and was last seen wearing a black Mossimo hoodie with camo, tight black jeans and is described as having unnaturally rectangular-shaped drawn-in eyebrows.

Authorities say she has no family or known acquaintances in the area.”

Operation Quickfind: Elizabeth Rodgers and Rylea Ostrander

The bolded sentence caught my attention. I wonder if she lives in a group home or foster care. She’s obviously too young to be living on her own. I wonder if it could be a parental interference case?
If LE has the plate, they know who owns the car unless it is a stolen plate/car.

KCRG-TV9 talked to the uncle of one of the missing girls. Burke Strand said there are printed flyers to distribute as family members and others search for the girls.

“We immediately started checking Facebook, and sure enough, she went home with a friend to lost nation, and we haven’t been able to find her,” Strand said. “Last thing we knew she was in this park this afternoon after school.”

Strand was out searching for a few hours late Thursday night. He said he’s hoping they’re found safe, and soon.

Search continues for two missing Jones County teens

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen
Back