GUILTY IA - Evelyn Miller, 5, Charles City, 1 July 2005

CaliKid said:
1. Kids sleeping on the couch.
2. Boyfriend who is not biological father of child.
3. Usually early morning hours are the last time the child was seen.
4. And unfortunately, they almost all end the same two ways- either the child is never seen again or turns up dead.

I hope that is not Evelyn's fate.

What about.....

1. Kids sleeping in their own beds in their own rooms....Elizabeth Smart, Polly
Klass, Jessie Lunsford, and many more. All older kids and more difficult to
handle.

2. Parent...parents or grandparents at home

3. Last seen after going to bed and house settling down for the night.

4. Never seen again and later found dead with the exception of Elizabeth
Smart.

I have kept hope since day one including Evelyn in my prayers at night. This is such a tragic ending that is becomming all too familiar.

Rest in peace Evelyn, you are among other little angels now.

Oh no...no no no no no!!! :(

Oh God I'm just sick over this....this is getting to be too much to take. The list just keeps getting longer and longer and longer...and all too often it's child molestors who already have a record...and I'm not so sure that they won't find out that a child molestor did it in this case. :behindbar And I don't know what's worse, to find out a sex offender did it or a family member. Poor little Evelyn...what an angel...now a true angel in heaven with Jessie and the rest.

About sleeping on the couch...there have been times when mine were younger that they fell asleep on the couch and I just left there there...I don't think that should be held against the parents. I do hope they find out who did this... that they are.

Well, this wasn't the news I wanted to read while I drank my morning coffee. I came on here first thing so wanting to read something positive. I am so upset to read that Evelyn's been found in a river. I do hope they find who murdered her.

God must have a special section in hell for those who lay their dirty hands on an innocent child and abuse that child in ways I don't even want to let my mind go to. Then, to take that child's life w/ no remorse, has to be the lowest of low. Those murderers will suffer in agony for the rest of their lives, if not by our legal system, but by God's.

Sure wish this had a different ending. My heart breaks again. Why oh why, so manychildren.

LadyLuck said:
Sure wish this had a different ending. My heart breaks again. Why oh why, so manychildren.

Children are the most easily abducted...the most easily murdered because they are not large enough to make a difference when they fight back... also children are the most trusting....

One report says they have a one person in custody..of course it's the grandfather who relayed the info the meda so whether it is true or not I haven't seen verified.

Floyd County officials haven't confirmed that her body has been found, but Evelyn's grandfather tells us the body was found late last night in the Cedar River. He also tells us police have at least one person in custody in connection with Evelyn's murder.
http://www.whotv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3565135

ETA...the info about someone being in custody is not accurate...please see my post below with info from the press conf.

lady-eowyn said:
Oh no...no no no no no!!! :(

Oh God I'm just sick over this....this is getting to be too much to take. The list just keeps getting longer and longer and longer...and all too often it's child molestors who already have a record...and I'm not so sure that they won't find out that a child molestor did it in this case. :behindbar And I don't know what's worse, to find out a sex offender did it or a family member. Poor little Evelyn...what an angel...now a true angel in heaven with Jessie and the rest.

About sleeping on the couch...there have been times when mine were younger that they fell asleep on the couch and I just left there there...I don't think that should be held against the parents. I do hope they find out who did this... that they are.
I think I can answer that. To me it is much worse when it is a family member. Sex offenders are sick and depraved and family members are supposed to do everything possible to protect their children from sex offenders. When the family itself turns into the sick and depraved, it becomes much worse for me.

One of the last things I told myself last night was to again call the Floyd County sheriff's office first thing this morning to get further information about Evelyn. Sadly this is not necessary.

I am beyond words, mixed with anger and sadness. How can these things happen to Matel and now Evelyn continue to happen. I hope the guilty parties never see daylight again.

I just logged in to see if there was any news on Evelyn....this is not what I had hoped the outcome would be:sick: . Someone posted earlier that they hoped Iowa had the death penalty, unfortunately we don't. I moved to Iowa from the west coast several years ago because I wanted a safer place to raise my kids. In the past month alone their have been 3 attempts at kidnapping in the southern portion of Iowa...now this. What is this world coming to?

If someone hears or sees the news conference that the prosecutor is having at 8 a.m. there, will you please post what they say?

I am glad they have someone in custody but this is just way too sad. I concur with the posters who say these child molesters/killers either need to just be put down like the sick vermin they are or shipped off to an island where they can all live out their miserable existences with each other.

Press conf on now...I missed the first bit of it, but this is what I caught

no arrests made contrary to earlier reports
LE diverted to investigation from SAR
requesting the public cooperate by providing info relevant to case

A friend of Evelyn's aunt Brandy is speaking - Mary Newbower? (sp-phonetic)

Was with aunt when family was notified
Family is in despair
Evelyn beautiful 5 yr old
Smart, happy giggly and loved deeply
Evelyn was flower girl in Brandy's wedding (aunts wedding)
Evelyn played dress up in that dress ever since
Danced with Evelyn at wedding
Family expresses sincere thanks to all involved

News reporter:

considering this a murder
wait for autopsy to determine cause of death
again, NO arrest made (the grandfather had stated someone was in custody and the press ran with it it looks like)

That's pretty much it :(

NOOOOOOOO!! I was so praying this little angel would be found safe. She is in Jesus' loving arms now, and I'm glad they have someone in custody. I'm anxious to know who.

God be with Evelyn's family.

englishleigh said:
NOOOOOOOO!! I was so praying this little angel would be found safe. She is in Jesus' loving arms now, and I'm glad they have someone in custody. I'm anxious to know who.

God be with Evelyn's family.
english..actually they don't have anyone in custody. That was misinformation that had been given to the press from the grandfather. In the presser this morning they confirmed that nobody had been arrested. But a criminal investigation is ongoing.

I am sure that it will not be long til they have someone in custody. This little girl was so precious and how someone could murder a 5 year old is beyond sick. They do not have any rights, they forfieted them when they did this to Evelyn.

http://nvfc.us/content/view/387/1/

http://www.whotv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3565135

This is horrible...rest with Jesus sweet baby girl.

"Charles City, July 7th, 2005- The search for five-year-old Evelyn Miller, missing since Friday, is now over.

At a news conference this morning, Floyd County Attorney Marilyn Dettmer revealed the body of a young female had been found last night around 10:30, in the Cedar River, two miles north of Charles City. The body has not been identified as Evelyn Miller, but officials believe it is her."

ETA: Sorry ... didn't see the previous post with this link.

lady-eowyn said:
Press conf on now...I missed the first bit of it, but this is what I caught

no arrests made contrary to earlier reports
LE diverted to investigation from SAR
requesting the public cooperate by providing info relevant to case

A friend of Evelyn's aunt Brandy is speaking - Mary Newbower? (sp-phonetic)

Was with aunt when family was notified
Family is in despair
Evelyn beautiful 5 yr old
Smart, happy giggly and loved deeply
Evelyn was flower girl in Brandy's wedding (aunts wedding)
Evelyn played dress up in that dress ever since
Danced with Evelyn at wedding
Family expresses sincere thanks to all involved

News reporter:

considering this a murder
wait for autopsy to determine cause of death
again, NO arrest made (the grandfather had stated someone was in custody and the press ran with it it looks like)

That's pretty much it :(
Oh my God I am just completely sad. I logged on WS just to check out whats going on with the search for little Evelyn. What a crappy summer so far all these little kids getting murdered molested kidnapped its almost enough to make you go in a sort of depression my own kids are barely allowed outside to play anymore i'm getting paranoid with all this. What kind of pigs are these who can hurt little ones? They are defensless around big people...ugh this is not the ending I was hoping for but I should of figured it would end like this. This has got to stop. Heaven just recieved a new beautiful little angel. :sick:

Mygirlsadie said:
Oh my God I am just completely sad. I logged on WS just to check out whats going on with the search for little Evelyn. What a crappy summer so far all these little kids getting murdered molested kidnapped its almost enough to make you go in a sort of depression my own kids are barely allowed outside to play anymore i'm getting paranoid with all this. What kind of pigs are these who can hurt little ones? They are defensless around big people...ugh this is not the ending I was hoping for but I should of figured it would end like this. This has got to stop. Heaven just recieved a new beautiful little angel. :sick:
I am with ya there,my kids are only allowed to play in the fenced in back yard, and they are older..they should be able to ride their bikes ,but nope... there the brand new bikes sit in the garage with nary a scuff on the tires "they got them for Christmas".These sick individuals need to be shot on the spot..first offence that way there will never be a chance that they will harm again.I think the media feeds the freaks too, seems they feed off attention, and THIS they choose to be their claim to fame.:loser:

This is horrible! Horrible! How many more babies do we need to lose to predators until "SOMEBODY" wakes up and realized these creeps need to be exterminated......not rehabilitated. pftttt......

I cant take it anymore!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynichick