GUILTY IA - Jessica, 13, & Kaleb Dyess, 6, die in arson fire, Cass County, 31 March 2005

The good Reverend even said he's a con artist.

How horrific the girl burned the house down and her sister was killed and a boy? This guy lives and files a lawsuit.

seconded.

I feel a little unsure of my own morals when I hear these things....I am not exactly thrilled to hear this dude is being raped (if he is) because I dont believe it's the right thing to do to anyone, for any reason.

Anyone here still read up on the "parents" of baby P? evidently stepdad, this week in prison, was burned badly by another inmate with boiling water that may or may not have been sugar water (not confirmed, would cause worse burns)

all I could do was clap.

Again, I wasnt thrilled, this isnt right to do to anyone.

yet again, I cant find it in myself to be a big enough person to not feel like they reap what they sow.

dont rape your stepdaughter - you wont be raped repeatedly in prison.

dont beat your step son to death. you wont get burnt up and attacked by other inmates.

Street writes of shame. He writes of fear. He writes of no one listening to his pleas. Just like his stepdaughter did.

Oh Boo Hoo! I think he should be made to share a cell with his rapist. After all, his step-daughter had to live with her rapist.

Good God, when can we just shoot these b@stards? They put down dogs for bites, but we put up with these terrorist abusers?

(Sorry to all for my rants, I have no compassion left for criminals.)

I'm sorry if I cannot muster an ounce of sympathy for this *advertiser censored*. Because of what he did, his step-daughter will spend the rest of her life in jail and two other kids are dead. I hope that no matter who they pair him with, he suffers daily for the rest of his life.

That “began a 26-day terror beyond my imagination that still to this day leaves me with nightmares and the fear of all inmates,” Street wrote. “To add to my horror, I was being held captive by this inmate for 26 days never knowing from one minute to the next if I was about to be sexually assaulted again.”

BBM
http://omaha.com/article/20100213/NEWS97/702139864

The abuser becomes the abused. Karma at it's finest!!!!!

Yes, I believe in Karma. But I can't condone violence of any kind. I read these particular threads with dread as they leave me greatly conflicted. I've had the misfortune of having my children raped by a monster. I've dealt with their attempted suicides, PTSD, risky behaviors, physical wounds, and endless tears. I've had to accept that my life will forever be changed due to someone's evil. I had to take down the book from the shelf, titled "child rape" and sit with it on my lap for an eternity.

I still don't wish harm on the rapist. I often feel wrong, naive, or "out of sync" because of my lack of anger. I question myself as to why I couldn't want to harm him given what he's stolen from our family. I imagine all sorts of scenarios. How would I feel if he were hit by a car, bitten by a dog, raped by a larger man? Every one of those "fantasies" make me sick and ashamed of myself. As he's just as human as I am.

Are there are other posters who have endured the rape of their children or who are survivors themselves and have been able to totally forgive? Not through a particular faith or belief system.....but just due to the fact that hating and wishing harm on others isn't the right thing to do and uses up energy that can be used for positive change in our world.

I know....I'm nuts. You all must think that I have rose colored glasses stuck permanently adhered to my eyes. I just can't believe in violence. I do believe in giving back to society when you've done wrong. I believe in sanctioning and punitive measures. But I can't believe in violence. Violence is what hurt my family. I guess I just hang on to the belief that there's a modicum of humanity and goodness in the least of us.

I deplore what happened to this young girl and what she was driven to do. I'm heartbroken that she most likely never intended to kill innocent people. But, on the other hand, I can't celebrate the rape of her rapist. I don't want to encourage or look away from evil. If we do that it will only grow.

I fully respect your position of anger and karma and "what goes around..." I guess, though, for me it just doesn't work. Sometimes, I wish it did. It might be easier.

I think I am supposed to cry now? Uhhh, boohoo I guess. Hohum.

While I wouldn't encourage this, I am afraid I won't cry about it either. So has he written to Tracey to say that he now understands how she felt? To apoligise for what he did to her? Has he shown any understanding at all?

Or maybe this is different. Maybe he really loved Tracey. But maybe this inmate really loves him. After all, if they love the victim they should be able to force sex on them right??? (calm down people, my version of sarcasm.)

The jack*** is copying off what his stepdaughter said about him, and is trying to throw it back in her face.

Yes, I believe in Karma. But I can't condone violence of any kind. I read these particular threads with dread as they leave me greatly conflicted. I've had the misfortune of having my children raped by a monster. I've dealt with their attempted suicides, PTSD, risky behaviors, physical wounds, and endless tears. I've had to accept that my life will forever be changed due to someone's evil. I had to take down the book from the shelf, titled "child rape" and sit with it on my lap for an eternity.

I still don't wish harm on the rapist. I often feel wrong, naive, or "out of sync" because of my lack of anger. I question myself as to why I couldn't want to harm him given what he's stolen from our family. I imagine all sorts of scenarios. How would I feel if he were hit by a car, bitten by a dog, raped by a larger man? Every one of those "fantasies" make me sick and ashamed of myself. As he's just as human as I am.

Are there are other posters who have endured the rape of their children or who are survivors themselves and have been able to totally forgive? Not through a particular faith or belief system.....but just due to the fact that hating and wishing harm on others isn't the right thing to do and uses up energy that can be used for positive change in our world.

I know....I'm nuts. You all must think that I have rose colored glasses stuck permanently adhered to my eyes. I just can't believe in violence. I do believe in giving back to society when you've done wrong. I believe in sanctioning and punitive measures. But I can't believe in violence. Violence is what hurt my family. I guess I just hang on to the belief that there's a modicum of humanity and goodness in the least of us.

I deplore what happened to this young girl and what she was driven to do. I'm heartbroken that she most likely never intended to kill innocent people. But, on the other hand, I can't celebrate the rape of her rapist. I don't want to encourage or look away from evil. If we do that it will only grow.

I fully respect your position of anger and karma and "what goes around..." I guess, though, for me it just doesn't work. Sometimes, I wish it did. It might be easier.

Lack of empathy or sympathy for the newly victimized predator does not necessarily equate to anger or vindictive feelings.

Do I feel bad for him? Not for a single second.
Do I take great glee in reading it has happened?
Am I hoping he has caught some communicable disease as the topping on the cake?

No, more like we are all taught the lessons in life that we need to learn.
The world's own immersion therapy...

Some people learn the hard way.... I won't be crying for him.
And I won't be doing backflips at the idea of spending more court money on him to hear his case.

I don't feel bad for this man at all. From babyhood, we are taught to do unto others as we would want done unto us. If you're not willing to have sex forced upon you, then don't do it to someone else- plain and simple.

I am curious what does he think is appropriate punishment for the man who sexually assaulted him for a month?

Missizzy, the closest I can get is apathy.

i don't make a lot of sense sometimes, so bear with me. I have not forgiven. I am not capable of that. Not for lack of trying, but I just am not that a big a person. When I was attacked I lost things I will never get back. Figuratively and literally. I cannot forgive it. Out of three attackers only one was mentally ill, the other two were perfectly sane and mentally sound.
Sane people hurt me, intentionally, over and over again. There is no one in the world, no one that has ever walked it that can allow me to reconcile that fact with a forgivable act. However, I do admit that constant hate did wear me thin.
So, the arrangement now is that as often as possible, I do not harbor ill will. I don't want to see a rapist get hurt, I wouldn't egg it on if I were in the crowd before it happened. However, I wouldn't stop it either. Apathy is just my coping skill. I am sometimes given to flashes of anger. But it's better than constant hatred and it's the closest I could ever get to forgiveness.

Stories like this are soothing to me, as a victim. I don't have to hurt them. God'll get 'em. If this man is being attacked, I cannot feel a second of sorrow for him. I don't wish it to continue, but on the other hand, I have no feelings about stopping it either.

what goes around comes around freak boy.
consider yourself lucky the fire didnt kill who it was intended for......your sorry *advertiser censored**

i for one am not gonna repent for feeling he's getting what he deserves.
well if he would get what he deserves he'd be in a pine box already..

if samantha ruynions killer had died she'd still be alive.....if jaycee dugards kidnapper had been killed during his first prison term she wouldnt have gone thru 18 years of hell.

if it's a choice between the life or comfort of a pedophile and the life and innocence of his next victims, screw the pedophile. he has no right to life imo

not_my_kids--That's a long path you've walked there and I commend you. I can't defend my feelings of lack of ill will anymore than any of the rest of you should have to defend your desire to stone this man, or to do nothing as someone else does.

I don't think anyone of us is "right" or "wrong". I think this just underlines the many mechanisms we utilize to get through another day and to deal with the unthinkable.

Missizzy, the closest I can get is apathy.

i don't make a lot of sense sometimes, so bear with me. I have not forgiven. I am not capable of that. Not for lack of trying, but I just am not that a big a person. When I was attacked I lost things I will never get back. Figuratively and literally. I cannot forgive it. Out of three attackers only one was mentally ill, the other two were perfectly sane and mentally sound.
Sane people hurt me, intentionally, over and over again. There is no one in the world, no one that has ever walked it that can allow me to reconcile that fact with a forgivable act. However, I do admit that constant hate did wear me thin.
So, the arrangement now is that as often as possible, I do not harbor ill will. I don't want to see a rapist get hurt, I wouldn't egg it on if I were in the crowd before it happened. However, I wouldn't stop it either. Apathy is just my coping skill. I am sometimes given to flashes of anger. But it's better than constant hatred and it's the closest I could ever get to forgiveness.

Stories like this are soothing to me, as a victim. I don't have to hurt them. God'll get 'em. If this man is being attacked, I cannot feel a second of sorrow for him. I don't wish it to continue, but on the other hand, I have no feelings about stopping it either.

not my kids, I feel the same way. I used to be a person that could always turn the other cheek. It shames me that there is someone in my life that I haven't forgiven. I know that you should forgive even if forgiveness hasn't been asked for...but I can't. Maybe if this person felt some remorse, but she doesn't. I know that she knows deep in her heart that what she did was inexcusable, but she chooses to ignore it. I worry that I'll go to hell because I can't forgive. I guess she and I will be sitting there together

We're human. It's great when someone can be as kind and forgiving as Missizzy and Southcitymom...I just haven't gotten there yet.

MissIzzy, I understand where you're coming from. I don't condone violence either, or wish harm on others. If he had taken a different approach, maybe I'd feel more sympathy toward him. He might have said something about realizing what he'd done to his stepdaughter, how he'd hurt her and ruined her life. He might have talked about how the horrible experience he endured made him realize how he made her endure horrors, as well. He might have talked about redemption; he might have asked for forgiveness. But the way he talked about it just sounded so selfish. It was almost like, "Stepdaughter? What stepdaughter? I WAS RAPED! Come on, people, let's stick with what's important!" So sympathy and even understanding is hard for me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back