IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Anchorwoman, Mason City, 27 June 1995 #2

View attachment 404465
Feb 21 2023 rbbm
''A $25,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to the remains of missing Mason City, Iowa anchor Jodi Huisentrui''

''The reward is being offered by private investigator Steve Ridge, who has been investigating the case for three years. He said he is “extremely confident” multiple people know what happened to Husientruit and he hopes to encourage one of them to talk. Ridge says his offer does not require an arrest or conviction, just the information needed to find her.

In 2019, he told Cedar Rapids, Iowa station KGAN that he felt a bond with Huisentruit, because the both got their starts at Broadcast Park in Cedar Rapids. Ridge says his offer has the blessing of Huisentruit’s sister, JoAnn Nathe.''

''Ridge has asked that any information in the case be directed to the Mason City Police Department at 641-421-3636.''
I'm not getting my hopes up with this guy. Seems like he pops off saying he has new information every couple of years and nothing comes of it.

I'm not getting my hopes up with this guy. Seems like he pops off saying he has new information every couple of years and nothing comes of it.

Even if the "new information" doesn't result in anything, he's at least getting media attention on the case.

Earlier on there was discussion about a rapper's lyrics possibly offering a clue to Jodi's whereabouts, just noting this very recent case where a rapper was arrested based on his lyrics, fwiw, speculation.

Mar 2, 2023
''Judd said Chandler mentioned the alleged murder in a rap song. “Only the shooter would have known he shot the guy in the back,” Judd said, referencing one of the lyrics.''

''According to a local news report, a jail informant named Dennis Goff said he had briefly served time with Jackson while Jackson was awaiting trial for the 1997 rapes. Goff claimed he gained Jackson's confidence and that Jackson told him he had murdered an anchor woman and also allegedly recited a rap with lyrics that might lead to where Huisentruit's body might be found.
The lyrics allegedly suggested that Huisentruit's body was in Tiffin, Iowa, which is about a two and a half hour drive from Mason City.

It was uncovered that Jackson had bought a car the day before Huisentruit went missing, but Jackson has repeatedly denied all allegations surrounding his alleged conversation with Goff and the rap lyrics.''

Keith Dwayne Nelson in 1999 raped And murdered a young girl in KC and days later tried to take a women from her apartment. held her with a knife and tried dragging her away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keith Dwayne Nelson in 1999 raped And murdered a young girl in KC and days later tried to take a women from her apartment. held her with a knife and tried dragging her away.
Does KDN have any connection to Mason City?

Last edited by a moderator:
Earlier on there was discussion about a rapper's lyrics possibly offering a clue to Jodi's whereabouts, just noting this very recent case where a rapper was arrested based on his lyrics, fwiw, speculation.

Mar 2, 2023
''Judd said Chandler mentioned the alleged murder in a rap song. “Only the shooter would have known he shot the guy in the back,” Judd said, referencing one of the lyrics.''

''According to a local news report, a jail informant named Dennis Goff said he had briefly served time with Jackson while Jackson was awaiting trial for the 1997 rapes. Goff claimed he gained Jackson's confidence and that Jackson told him he had murdered an anchor woman and also allegedly recited a rap with lyrics that might lead to where Huisentruit's body might be found.
The lyrics allegedly suggested that Huisentruit's body was in Tiffin, Iowa, which is about a two and a half hour drive from Mason City.

It was uncovered that Jackson had bought a car the day before Huisentruit went missing, but Jackson has repeatedly denied all allegations surrounding his alleged conversation with Goff and the rap lyrics.''
it's known that informants are not always credible and could've made things up for their own benefit. I thought Jackson has since been cleared of this case but not sure.

Do you guys think in this case, this suspect at least knew of her? Saw her on TV or aquaintance? Or lived in the area?

Not someone who would just randomly drive by, "oh a pretty blonde gal, I'm going to take her"

it's known that informants are not always credible and could've made things up for their own benefit. I thought Jackson has since been cleared of this case but not sure.
by Nick Weig

January 29th 2022,rbbm
''Friday, ABC News aired a 20/20 special telling her story to viewers. It included an interview with Tony Jackson, a serial rapist serving a life sentence in Minnesota. Authorities cleared him in the case back in 1999, but that hasn't stopped others from looking into any possible ties. To this day Jackson maintains he had nothing to do with Jodi's disappearance.''

''Since Jodi’s disappearance, several people have been labeled ‘Persons of Interest’ in her case. Mason City Police investigators say they’ve never had an actual ‘suspect’ in the case.
One person of interest that our team has, and continues to look into, is Tony Jackson. Jackson is currently serving a life sentence in prison for rape convictions in Minnesota.
Authorities say Jackson was also linked to a rape in Worth County, Iowa through DNA. Jackson was never charged in that rape case.

Team Connections to the Jackson Case​

FindJodi.com, Inc. team member Caroline Lowe was a crime reporter for WCCO-TV in Minneapolis for 40 years. In 1998 and 1999 Caroline worked in WCCO’s I-Team and Dimension units. During those years, Caroline and her teams investigated Jackson as a possible suspect in connection with Jodi’s disappearance. At the time, Jackson was charged with a series of violent rapes in the Twin Cities.''
While events reported in the following stories could appear to be connected to Jodi’s case, we want to make it clear that Tony Jackson has never been named an official suspect in Jodi’s disappearance, nor has he been charged in a crime related to her case.

Mason City Police investigators say they have no evidence to link Jackson to Jodi’s case.''

@dotr Whats your opinion on Dustin Honken? Angela Johnson said he may have known who did it but Dustin didn't want to answer any questions on that.

Could Dustin have killed Billy Pruin and in Jodi investigating it, he went after her?
Thinking that one over as i review older links like this one.. also, are authorities very sure that the perp is a male and not a female? speculation, imo.

'Jul 7, 2020
(ABC 6 NEWS)--The lead private investigator on Jodi Huisentruit's case is closer to solving the mysterious case of her disappearance. Betsy Singer went in-depth this half hour with Steve Ridge, who is uncovering information that hasn't been publicly share about Dustin Hoken and what he might know about Jodi's disappearance.'

"Retired TV anchor and author Beth Bednar explains that Huisentruit attended the Mason City golf tournament the night before her appearance. Angela Johnson, the girlfriend of Dustin Honken, worked at the country club.

“I don’t know that she talked to Jodi, but she may have very well come face to face with her a number of times that evening,” Bednar says in the clip.''

FULL TIMELINE AT LINK.
1678465611336.png
"This is a timeline compiled by the Globe Gazette that outlines the dates around the drug arrests and murder convictions of Dustin Honken and his then-girlfriend Angela Johnson.

Last edited:
@dotr Whats your opinion on Dustin Honken? Angela Johnson said he may have known who did it but Dustin didn't want to answer any questions on that.

Could Dustin have killed Billy Pruin and in Jodi investigating it, he went after her?
Jodi wasn't investigating anything. She wasn't an investigative reporter. She was an anchor.

It is a virtual certainty that Jodi was abducted by a stalker with a sexual motivation. The only way Honken could be the perp is if he happened to be a sexual predator of women in addition to his other crimes. There is no evidence that he had anything to do with Jodi's disappearance. IMO, comments about knowledge of the crime from him—if there actually were any such comments—were nothing more than empty bragging for "street cred."

Of the known suspects, Tony DeWayne Jackson is far and away the best suspect, in my opinion.

Van Sice doesn't make much sense as a suspect for two reasons: 1) he had a certain level of access to Jodi and wouldn't have needed to grab her by force in her parking lot, and 2) he was under a microscope practically from t=0; if he had done it, LE would have found a mountain of forensic evidence (including Jodi's body, most likely).

The unidentified palm print on Jodi's car forces me to consider the possibility that the perp could be someone who isn't on anyone's radar screen, but that print could be from any random person who touched Jodi's car, so I would not write off any suspect because of the palm print.

Honken makes very little sense as a suspect, in my opinion. Any registered sex offender living in the surrounding area in 1995 would make a better suspect than Honken.

Thinking that one over as i review older links like this one.. also, are authorities very sure that the perp is a male and not a female? speculation, imo.

'Jul 7, 2020
(ABC 6 NEWS)--The lead private investigator on Jodi Huisentruit's case is closer to solving the mysterious case of her disappearance. Betsy Singer went in-depth this half hour with Steve Ridge, who is uncovering information that hasn't been publicly share about Dustin Hoken and what he might know about Jodi's disappearance.'

"Retired TV anchor and author Beth Bednar explains that Huisentruit attended the Mason City golf tournament the night before her appearance. Angela Johnson, the girlfriend of Dustin Honken, worked at the country club.

“I don’t know that she talked to Jodi, but she may have very well come face to face with her a number of times that evening,” Bednar says in the clip.''

FULL TIMELINE AT LINK.
View attachment 408255
"This is a timeline compiled by the Globe Gazette that outlines the dates around the drug arrests and murder convictions of Dustin Honken and his then-girlfriend Angela Johnson.

March 21, 1993 — Britt native Dustin Honken and Timothy Cutkomp, formerly of Mason City, are arrested in Mason City on drug charges.

March 26, 1993 — Honken is indicted in federal court for alleged methamphetamine trafficking in Iowa from his residence, then in Tempe, Ariz.

April 20, 1993 — Greg Nicholson testifies against Honken before a federal grand jury.

July 3, 1993 — Angela Johnson of Klemme files an application for and obtains a permit to buy a handgun. Four days later, she purchases a Tech-9 9 mm handgun at a pawn shop in Waterloo.

July 26, 1993 — Nicholson and Nicholson’s girlfriend, Lori Ann Duncan, 31, and her two daughters, 10-year-old Amber and 6-year-old Kandace, are reported missing.''
Do you know if Billy Pruin had any ties to Hoken? Someone on here mentioned Dustin didn't have any beef with Jodi so wouldn't have done anything to her. Unless Angela overheard Jodi talking about the 1993 murders or possibly Pruin and didn't want that getting on TV?

Jodi wasn't investigating anything. She wasn't an investigative reporter. She was an anchor.

It is a virtual certainty that Jodi was abducted by a stalker with a sexual motivation. The only way Honken could be the perp is if he happened to be a sexual predator of women in addition to his other crimes. There is no evidence that he had anything to do with Jodi's disappearance. IMO, comments about knowledge of the crime from him—if there actually were any such comments—were nothing more than empty bragging for "street cred."

Of the known suspects, Tony DeWayne Jackson is far and away the best suspect, in my opinion.

Van Sice doesn't make much sense as a suspect for two reasons: 1) he had a certain level of access to Jodi and wouldn't have needed to grab her by force in her parking lot, and 2) he was under a microscope practically from t=0; if he had done it, LE would have found a mountain of forensic evidence (including Jodi's body, most likely).

The unidentified palm print on Jodi's car forces me to consider the possibility that the perp could be someone who isn't on anyone's radar screen, but that print could be from any random person who touched Jodi's car, so I would not write off any suspect because of the palm print.

Honken makes very little sense as a suspect, in my opinion. Any registered sex offender living in the surrounding area in 1995 would make a better suspect than Honken.
Agree, the most likely suspect would be a sex offender, imo.

How is it a certainty that JH was abducted by a stalker with a sexual motivation? I would agree with likely, but not certainty.

How is it a certainty that JH was abducted by a stalker with a sexual motivation? I would agree with likely, but not certainty.
I said "virtual certainty." That qualifier leaves some room, but not much.

Victimology is a big part of it. Jodi was a local celebrity. Thousands of people saw her on television every day. Someone in her position has a much higher likelihood of attracting a stalker than the average person does.

Murder is much easier than abduction. Someone who wanted to silence her would simply have killed her. Since she wasn't an investigative reporter anyway, theories along that line are baseless.

I said "virtual certainty." That qualifier leaves some room, but not much.

Victimology is a big part of it. Jodi was a local celebrity. Thousands of people saw her on television every day. Someone in her position has a much higher likelihood of attracting a stalker than the average person does.

Murder is much easier than abduction. Someone who wanted to silence her would simply have killed her. Since she wasn't an investigative reporter anyway, theories along that line are baseless.
Could witnesses at the apartment have been paid off? I understand it was early. But it was a populated town.

I think she was possibly taken at gunpoint. Not dragged.

Could they have forced her to make the call into work that morning that she was running late?

Could witnesses at the apartment have been paid off? I understand it was early. But it was a populated town.

I think she was possibly taken at gunpoint. Not dragged.

Could they have forced her to make the call into work that morning that she was running late?
Who was Jodi’s ex bf and what do we know about him? Was he cleared of involvement??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back