IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Anchorwoman, Mason City, 27 June 1995 #2

Thinking of this info below (not necessarily pointing finger at TD), just noting this unrelated murder case because lyrics in a rap song played a key role in the trial, fwiw imo.rbbm

''According to a local news report, a jail informant named Dennis Goff said he had briefly served time with Jackson while Jackson was awaiting trial for the 1997 rapes. Goff claimed he gained Jackson's confidence and that Jackson told him he had murdered an anchor woman and also allegedly recited a rap with lyrics that might lead to where Huisentruit's body might be found.
The lyrics allegedly suggested that Huisentruit's body was in Tiffin, Iowa, which is about a two and a half hour drive from Mason City.''

Jason Proctor Jan 13, 2024
''The issue of introducing artistic expressions as evidence of crimes has been argued all the way up to the Supreme Court of Canada.

In 1996, Canada's top court considered the case of a man convicted of second-degree murder. Police found a poem in his room that contained the lines: "Crazy thoughts pass through my head/ Now I have killed a life, it's dead/ I drained his blood with my/Knife ..."

The poem was admitted at trial and the judges agreed that while it wasn't proof of a crime on its own, it could be useful when considered as part of a circumstantial case.

Gropper wrote that since then, "artist expressions sought to be adduced in evidence against the accused have included poems, short stories, music, and rap videos."

"Because I accept the lyrics in the music video pertain to the shooting of Randy Kang, I conclude that Mr. Nguyen is claiming in the music video to be the shooter and that he is the principal of first-degree murder of Randy Kang, or at least a party to the murder," the judge concluded.''

check this out, a bill in the Iowa Legislature this session to make accessory to murder after the fact a felony. will be a positive move for Iowa's cold cases.

I'm beyond frustrated! Go to Iowa Cold Case site (Jodi Huisentruit) in the comments section if you want to find a starting point of research into Jodi's case. Maybe you'll have enough energy to look into it further than I have.
I think we are all frustrated that this case has not been solved, and at this point, does not appear that law enforcement is any closer to solving it than they were when she was abducted. It is very sad.

Or it could be someone who knew her well and knew what time she left for work every day- although she was a little late on this particular morning. Since she left in the very early morning hours, it would have been dark-- this person could have been watching her apartment and would have seen the light go off when she left her apartment so they would know she would be coming out of her apartment with a few seconds ----
A waiting van in the parking spot across would make for an incredibly slow getaway. The van would be facing her car which means she had to be brought all the way across and to the back of the van, made completely unconscious. Driver would have to make sure she was unable to move to make any sound when he shut her in the van. Then close the back, 2 walk to the front and drive with her, unattended in the back. This scenario doesn’t make sense for one perpetrator. The van would have to slowly back up and go around the one way to exit.

I suppose if the van was parked a little to the right of her apartment door past her car a bit and not parked in a spot….headlights could have been seen from the road in the position. Still, the entire act and struggle and fighting would be almost impossible for one person to pick her up , throw her in the back, and then drive away.

Or it could be someone who knew her well and knew what time she left for work every day- although she was a little late on this particular morning. Since she left in the very early morning hours, it would have been dark-- this person could have been watching her apartment and would have seen the light go off when she left her apartment so they would know she would be coming out of her apartment with a few seconds ----
Yes, my money's still on JV.

Same here.
Ditto- but he has dementia now- so there is no chance he will be arrested and confess- he probably is not competent anyway- If you watch the video of the birthday party he threw for her you will see how his eyes never leave her no matter where she is in that party. I think he was in love with her- That night he told her exactly how he felt about her: she told him she cared for him as a friend but it could never be more- at that point he realized he could never have her the way he wanted her for a long long time, even naming his boat after her. He was obsessed with her-- you know the story: If I can't have you, nobody can. That is what I will always believe. It most likely will never be proven.

Last edited:
Ditto- but he has dementia now- so there is no chance he will be arrested and confess- he probably is not competent anyway- If you watch the video of the birthday party he threw for her you will see how his eyes never leave her no matter where she is in that party. I think he was in love with her- That night he told her exactly how he felt about her: she told him she cared for him as a friend but it could never be more- at that point he realized he could never have her the way he wanted her for a long long time, even naming his boat after her. He was obsessed with her-- you know the story: If I can't have you, nobody can. That is what I will always believe. It most likely will never be proven.

Genuinely surprised her body has never been found. There's so much hunting/farming in this state. I've always said that's the reason I don't hunt lol. Seems like there's a new body found each hunting season. Bumping for Jodi.

Genuinely surprised her body has never been found. There's so much hunting/farming in this state. I've always said that's the reason I don't hunt lol. Seems like there's a new body found each hunting season. Bumping for Jodi.
Perhaps he dumped her body in the water ( that sounds so cold I can hardly type the words)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back