Found Deceased IA - Katherine 'Katie' Brooker, 36, Iowa City, 10 March 2017

Update from local news - there was a search for Katie today along the banks of the iowa river in Iowa City:
http://www.kcrg.com/content/news/MI...-police-need-help-looking-for--417091473.html

They said more on the newscast just now but it's not yet in the article.. police received a tip that someone believed they saw her along the banks. They do not suspect foul play. My impression is that today's search was completed with no findings but I can't recall if they explicitly said that.

Also today was the first nice weather day in IC in a long time. Has been very rainy and fairly cold lately. So if there were a sighting earlier today that would not surprise me- she could be out and about very comfortably. Or it could be that there was finally a decent enough day to search based on a prior tip. Hopefully the former.

Katie is 37 - 5'9" and closer to 165 pounds. She is a brilliant and creative person with an MA in English. She has worked as a creative writer, marketer, and copy editor. Katie has struggled with chronic alcoholism for over a decade and has had difficulty maintaining any kind of sobriety. She may have been through treatment again as recently at Christmas of 2016. Katie is a native of Muscatine Iowa. She had been living in a subsidized Appartment in Iowa City for over a year the last I was aware. Note: she is creative, articulate, and accomplished at convincing others of her sincerity - however not often forthcoming with the truth as a consequence of her condition and negative feelings about herself. However - she is a good person in need of help and kindness which causes me concern she could also be easily be targeted by unscrupulous folks. Please help by reporting anything you know to the Iowa city police department or your local authorities.
Welcome Jacknone

Thinking of Katie every day. It's getting warm and there are a lot more people out walking, biking, etc. I hope she is well and found safe soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Ugh. So sad. Prayers for her family.

:(
my condolences to those that loved her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads