GUILTY IA - Kraigen Grooms for child sexual abuse, Ottumwa, 2013

Here's a wealth of info:
http://ottumwaeveningpost.com/9425/...rrested-accused-of-molesting-toddler-on-video

He would have been 16 or so when he committed the crime. I've stayed on this case since it broke and was thrilled that it's been solved.

Me too!

Just warning you all that this freak will not be sentenced long bough for his crimes... IMO he will be back on the street victimizing little children in no time.

So brace yourselves, prepare to be infuriated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

where's the side-by-side I keep seeing mentioned?

I didn't realize he had a mole on his neck - that would've helped in identification

In the mug shot, there seems to be a mole about an inch under his chin to the right of the mid-line. Just in the shadow above the Adam's Apple.

AH Now that I know I can't miss it. These old eyes don't see so well!

Thanks! :loveyou:
:seeya:

Me too! Just warning you all that this freak will not be sentenced long bough for his crimes... IMO he will be back on the street victimizing little children in no time. So brace yourselves, prepare to be infuriated!
The article says he'll be tried as an adult. Yay for that, at least! So, maybe he will get a serious sentence.

Check out the comments, too. One says he was identified by his high school classmates when they saw his pic on facebook.

I seen this on Facebook last night. A lot of people knew who he was right away. Gotta love fb in this case it actually helped.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I seen this on Facebook last night. A lot of people knew who he was right away. Gotta love fb in this case it actually helped.

I dunno, gia. Where were all of those people between August and now? For seven months, no one said a word, at least not publicly. Then a second bulletin is released, and suddenly his name and FB link are popping up all over the web? Honestly, I doubt more than a handful of friends and relatives had ever seen his FB page until his name was leaked the other night. In fact, when ICE posted the request Wednesday morning, it's quite likely that they already had him within their reach. JMO

I dunno, gia. Where were all of those people between August and now? For seven months, no one said a word, at least not publicly. Then a second bulletin is released, and suddenly his name and FB link are popping up all over the web? Honestly, I doubt more than a handful of friends and relatives had ever seen his FB page until his name was leaked the other night. In fact, when ICE posted the request Wednesday morning, it's quite likely that they already had him within their reach. JMO

Maybe in summer time people, especially his age peer group, were on vacation, having hangovers, hanging with friends, out of the country,etc and not paying as much attention .

Interestingly Kraigen Groom's Facebook and Myspace were taken down last night. Since every news source that first broke the story has named him and reported that he will be tried as an adult hoards of people were all over his FB.

Unfortunately his photo gallery had many pictures of him with children who also could be victims. I am going to make an assumption that it was LE who took down his accounts.

Maybe in summer time people, especially his age peer group, were on vacation, having hangovers, hanging with friends, out of the country,etc and not paying as much attention .

I think a number of factors contributed. The first was the announcement of the arrest of 14 persons in the *advertiser censored* ring followed by the re-release of ICE's public request to ID 'John Doe'.

But the fact that in August most teens are not as active on SM as when they are back in school - they just don't pay attention to news. So they are back in school and seeing his face every day made them recognize him right away and the word spread fast. IMO

Interestingly Kraigen Groom's Facebook and Myspace were taken down last night. Since every news source that first broke the story has named him and reported that he will be tried as an adult hoards of people were all over his FB.

Unfortunately his photo gallery had many pictures of him with children who also could be victims. I am going to make an assumption that it was LE who took down his accounts.

Oh no :( I assumed last night that a friend or family took down his account. But that doesn't happen in other cases we see her . Often they're left a long time. Now I wonder, since you say LE may have, if LE did , knowing those other pictures were victims too and trying to protect them. I'm so glad I didn't see any of them. God be with these babies.

Which is exactly why the FB link wasn't allowed to be posted here; and why discussion of the children's pictures on his FB page was removed. We certainly didn't want to drive traffic in that direction. :notgood: I was greatly relieved to see it had been taken down last night.

LE does have FB pages removed at times, so you could be right about that. But under the circumstances, I think FB would have chosen to remove it once it was reported by anyone. JMO

Which is exactly why the FB link wasn't allowed to be posted here; and why discussion of the children's pictures on his FB page was removed. We certainly didn't want to drive traffic in that direction. :notgood: I was greatly relieved to see it had been taken down last night.

LE does have FB pages removed at times, so you could be right about that. But under the circumstances, I think FB would have chosen to remove it once it was reported by anyone. JMO

When light dawns on Marblehead sometimes no one's home. :blushing:

Finally saw a white Adidas sweatshirt like his on ebay originating from Indiana area (seller told me he bought it at Hibbets--I inquired where I could find that style as I had missed out on the auction).

So he did buy it retail in the US.

deleted the direct link though because I don't want to incriminate an innocent seller.

I am literally in tears of joy right now that this cat is ARRESTED & being TRIED AS AN ADULT! I can't help but wonder if we helped with all of our investigations into this hoodie and hat! This was all posted on ICE's FB wall and then you mentioned Hibbets... Well guess what sweetheart - there's a Hibbets right there in Ottumwa Iowa! I'll bet the knowledge that the guy selling on eBay purchased his hoodie from Hibbets helped to move the search area for the FBI and they then sourced through Hibbets locations! Here's their store locations - one right in Ottumwa...

http://www.hibbett.com/stores/

Hi Midwestmama, I just wanted to clarify that this is incorrect. We investigate transnational crime in general and Child *advertiser censored* related crimes are almost always transnational. The fact that we are looking for this individual has no bearing on his nationality.

Jim

Very happy to see official HSI posting here! :loveyou:

This is sorta off topic and more like commentary but, this case really creeps me out. All cases leave some residue but this one feels... ickier? I, like some of you - did see the social media, which just aided in my gut feeling at how bad this case may turn out to be.

I can't even imagine being his parents right now, where do they even start? This isn't like local LE searching for their son, this was the FBI and homeland - I sincerely hope they have therapists and love. I really do.

concerning the perp though, anyone else get the vibe that there is MUCH more to this and that's why the fbi was so involved and hasn't treated him like a victim in anyway shape or form? I know they have solid proof of him raping a child but sadly that happens pretty frequently and local LE handles it. I know because this was online, chat room I think and the images were found in another sweep that the fBI was already involved in it but .. something in this case doesn't sit well. I can't put my finger on it without breaking TOS (I think, hell if I really know) but I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts are at this moment?

I'm truly thinking the area of search changed when Hibbets became known as a seller of the hoodie. That's when somebody on eBay was selling a sweatshirt just like the one in the perp pic and said he purchased it at Hibbets, as per SanFran's posts, and the listing was in Indiana. So the search field may have changed. That makes me think ICE did a semi crowd sourcing by using news media n the states that have Hibbets and sold those same hoodies, plus updated their FB feed. That would have generated new eyes.

Further to explain, if it weren't for Websleuths, I wouldn't have known about this case as I didn't see it on any of my news channels here, but it was probably aired in TX as that's thought to be where the hat was obtained. Make sense? But then we found the flat brim on that website and posted it to ICE's FB page to show the perp could have actually ordered it online, then SanFran posted about that eBay listing which pointed further north, so maybe that helped to open ICE's search boundaries? Maybe?

Originally Posted by HSI Victim ID
Hi Midwestmama, I just wanted to clarify that this is incorrect. We investigate transnational crime in general and Child *advertiser censored* related crimes are almost always transnational. The fact that we are looking for this individual has no bearing on his nationality.

Jim

Very happy to see official HSI posting here! :loveyou:

Indeed! and maybe HSI can get on this one out of TROY, NY;

"Troy Police say they're "pulling out all stops" trying to find Jesse Sawyer Jr. He is wanted, for now, for allegedly producing child *advertiser censored*, but police say the crime "is even a lot sicker than that."

http://wnyt.com/article/stories/S3367545.shtml

https://www.facebook.com/missingcas...2865135400495/795540310466305/?type=1&theater

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allisonvsmith
Back