Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel frustrated like so many others reading here. I’m trying to feel like LE is releasing little info for good reasons..but I also feel frustrated because we’d like more information and details. I’ve come up with a theory in my head. What if this disappearance was initially designed to..postpone life events about to happen. And then it got out of hand. As in..became a nationwide thing and now hard to come back from that? I realize it’s far fetched. I just keep going back to it and wondering about some family relationships. I realize her brothers and boyfriend and his brothers have all been cleared as suspects in any way.
Mind you it’s taken me a week to gather the nerve to post this because it’s different than my initial thought to her missing..I enjoy all your theories but also do not want to violate TOS and get in “trouble”! But..I’ve read every post on every thread at this point I think..and I’ve not seen this theory yet. I kept hoping someone else would come up with it!
All my own opinions.

I’ve had this thought as well. I typed it out and deleted it several times over the last few days...

I feel frustrated like so many others reading here. I’m trying to feel like LE is releasing little info for good reasons..but I also feel frustrated because we’d like more information and details. I’ve come up with a theory in my head. What if this disappearance was initially designed to..postpone life events about to happen. And then it got out of hand. As in..became a nationwide thing and now hard to come back from that? I realize it’s far fetched. I just keep going back to it and wondering about some family relationships. I realize her brothers and boyfriend and his brothers have all been cleared as suspects in any way.
Mind you it’s taken me a week to gather the nerve to post this because it’s different than my initial thought to her missing..I enjoy all your theories but also do not want to violate TOS and get in “trouble”! But..I’ve read every post on every thread at this point I think..and I’ve not seen this theory yet. I kept hoping someone else would come up with it!
All my own opinions.
Interesting theory. We shall see!

While I don't believe she's voluntarily missing, I do want to comment on the above. People DO commit suicide, or leave to start another life, despite there being any visible reasons why. The type of family, social or economic status, race, gender... not of that matters when it comes to mental health.
She doesn’t have any known mental health issues and is not an adolescent. I believe very strongly if she had have committed suicide she would have been found by now. It takes active concealment for a person or body to be missing for this long typically. I was in no way referring to a suicidal situation, which of course can be done by anyone in any situation. People sometimes call suicide selfish. What would you call it when someone willingly takes off and hurts everyone they know and steals resources in doing so? Way beyond selfish. This is comparing apples to oranges. I was discussing the likelihood of a woman her age deciding to leave voluntarily.

Wow! Welcome here! Great, intelligent post.

I really don't think they would harass an innocent person to make a perp comfortable. That being said, they are almost always exploring multiple avenues at the same time and allowing that info to be public could help make a suspect feel more comfortable.

I don't see any similarites. Do you? I men she wrote an email saying she was going on vacation. She was found on the side of the road acting weird. There have been zero signs that Mollie was having difficulty.

I definitely entertained that possibility at first but as time went by with no evidence that she left on her own, that became a slimmer possibility, especially considering the heavy FBI involvement.

It's the area where they took dogs. I don't know what kind.

No. He will be charged with kidnapping or false imprisonment if he releases her. But voluntarily releasing her definitely could help with sentencing. .
I read that cadaver dogs had been taken out, and I did think it might have been in that area. But, no idea what resolution, if any took place.

I was just thinking that it may be possible to make a lot of money selling a hog farm to a large company. If you had a history of stalking, and didn't seem to throw your money around buying nice clothes and a nice house, some people might think you could afford to hire someone to obtain whatever else you might desire.

Wouldn't it just be cheaper, and a lot less hassle, to hire women who offer up what you want willingly?

As this case spins down to the presser moved to Friday, I can only wonder what the heck? She seems like a nice, serious college student who took care of her responsibilities. All I can think of at this moment is some crazy perv saw her out jogging, and took advantage of an opportunity to do what that type does.

If it’s anything more than that (and it could be it was more of a domestic situation *unlikely* but possible ), I don’t see anything from what I have read in the media that would explain it. Plus, there is no body. You would think with the investigative forces out there on the possible routes she took, cadaver dogs were actively searching, although to be fair, the only mention of cadaver dogs I see is at a pig farm.

All my own opinions.
But who would choose to leave this way when it would hurt so many people? Just to avoid a proposal. This seems so crazy to me. She could have just moved to Cali with her dad, with no explanation owed to boyfriend. Why go to such lengths? To me the only thing that could make a person decide to do it this way, would be incredible trouble coming up (ie, she murdered or raped or kidnapped someone and was going to be caught or stole a massive amount of money or got caught up in something too shameful to face), not an impending proposal.

Good morning. Law enforcement is making a major error in not releasing investigative information. Being tight lipped for almost 3 weeks has resulted in nothing. LE says it doesn't want to compromise the investigation. Compromise what???? Please LE release the investigative information....if you have any!!!! The case and investigation will be energized
Didn’t anyone learn anything from the Holly Bobo case I’m speaking of policeman, detectives, relatives. ,. They kept all their their information close to the vest and look how it turned out. The town of Parsons knew who had kidnapped and killed Holly within weeks of her of duction. iMO

If you want more info on this topic take a quick trip to the deep web. Virtually anything and anybody can be had/rented if the price is right. I take that back, you don't even need to go to the deep web as many of these people are operating in plain view. The recent articles I've read on human traffic patterns have been fascinating and it isn't just the sex/prostitution world either. Locally we had another round up of people that were holding nail salon employees captive and then chaining them up at night in a house and then bringing them to work in a van as a group. Another local case was restaurant that kept workers in a separate location and the workers only went from their sleeping location to restaurant and back. These are simple examples and most of us would see these people doing their jobs and think everything is ok.
I think you mean Dark Web. Your point is worth noting. It may seem incredible, but there are more people in slavery today than at any other time in human history. However, in this case it remains most likely that MT knew the person. If you wanted to recruit young girls for a slave ring, it's not very practical to target someone like MT. The people usually exploited in such situations are foreign, non-english speaking, illegal, runaways, at risk teens - there are millions of them.

And without violating TOS, who might that be?
Purely speculative on my part as I think about what the Dad said in his interview today. We've gone through on here the types of cases that the FBI handles so maybe the person involved with MT touches one of these issues? Could also be law enforcement involvement in some way as this would necessitate FBI taking over the investigation I believe. I'm not sure how to handicap which of the various options available at this point as I was hoping for some information to come out from LE but this hasn't happened. TOS limit possible discussion of topic here but there must be a reason that the FBI has stayed involved IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a narrative of what could have happened.My theory so to speak.

I get the gut feeling there was an acquaintance(school,family,friends) or a local who on occasion attempted to engage her in private conversation but she declined.

Whoever this person might have been just shown up & feigned distress. This 'needy' acquaintance probably appealed for her to use her knowledge of clinical psychology to help. This combined with her obvious interest in helping others might have swayed her to go with them against her better judgement.

I could see a pedator tragically appealing to her go 'just say for a 5 min ride' and 'just talk'.

Please feel free to critique & as I am completely stumped.

MOO

I don't have the evidence to back this up, but a rising sophomore likely does not have much of any knowledge regarding clinical psychology.

Yes, I believe they shared the car and the brother called her in the morning to see if she needed it or a ride. JMO
I believe at first we were told that he texted her in the morning to see if she needed a ride home from work that day, the same as he took her home from work the day before.

Last edited:
Purely speculative on my part as I think about what the Dad said in his interview today. We've gone through on here the types of cases that the FBI handles so maybe the person involved with MT touches one of these issues? Could also be law enforcement involvement in some way as this would necessitate FBI taking over the investigation I believe. I'm not sure how to handicap which of the various options available at this point as I was hope for some information to come out from LE but this hasn't happened. TS limit possible discussion of locals here but there must be a reason that the FBI has stayed involved IMO.

Good point. It used to be thought that the FBI could only become involved in interstate crimes -- cross state lines. That 'red line' was passed some time ago.

The link to the FBI page is below. Here is the only FBI qualification I can see: The FBI concentrates on crime problems that pose major threats to American society. Significant violent crime incidents such as mass killings, sniper murders, and serial killings can paralyze entire communities and stretch state and local law enforcement resources to their limits. Violent Crime — FBI

Why didn't the FBI become involved in other missing persons around Iowa (say)? Good question.

1. Cybercrime
2. The reason above which is chilling

@SharonNeedles (great username, btw), this is written and stated quite nicely. However, I do wonder how much knowledge Dad has of LE's findings...

"And while dad does specify that this is his own speculation, it would not make sense for him to speculate one thing when he knows all the while it’s not true. Point being: dad’s speculation is consistent with what he knows."
Thank You! As you've probably figured, I am not a woman named Sharon. I'm actually a 52 yo father of two teenage girls and I live about 30 miles from Brooklyn in a small Iowa town. Of course this case scared the hell out of all of us and we're all on the edge of our seat now waiting for the next development. And me? I'm obsessed with this until I know what the hell actually happened!

I think you mean Dark Web.
How about Deep/Dark Web as its pretty slimey down there!? Long time ago when the internet was just being started some referred to the areas online that couldn't be easily accessed (in comparison to what became the easy searchable sites) as 'deep areas' as they were somewhat harder to get to unless you knew how. Sorry I just used the old vernacular. You are correct that most refer to some of these areas as Dark Web today. But whats interesting is that now even huge parts of the so called Dark Web are searchable so its not as dark as it used to be. Interesting times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow