Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The headline is a bit misleading ... it would lead one to believe that Mollie's brothers were not suspects but that isn't in the interview.

ABC: Confirmed boyfriend’s alibi?

Kriegel: We have confirmed that. He is not a suspect.

BC: Boyfriend not a suspect, his brother for example?

Kriegel: The brothers are not suspects.

ABC: Both brothers are not?

Kriegel: No.

So ... what the sheriff said was Mollie's boyfriend and the boyfriend's brothers are not suspects.

I'm confused. What's misleading? The headline is exactly what you conclude at the end in your last paragraph.

There was a massive caveat in that case though. And they didn't say the alibi had been established.

When asked in January, Det. Sgt. Idsinga said that Mr. McArthur was not a suspect during Project Houston, but offered a caveat to that designation.

"I really want to delineate between investigating a missing person and a homicide," Det. Sgt. Idsinga said. "Until we can establish that there has been foul play, we can attach a criminal offence to foul play, that's when someone would become a suspect."

More at link.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...e-his-arrest-for-six-murders/article38231320/

But they continued to watch him under surveillance....

The headline is a bit misleading ... it would lead one to believe that Mollie's brothers were not suspects but that isn't in the interview.

ABC: Confirmed boyfriend’s alibi?

Kriegel: We have confirmed that. He is not a suspect.

BC: Boyfriend not a suspect, his brother for example?

Kriegel: The brothers are not suspects.

ABC: Both brothers are not?

Kriegel: No.

So ... what the sheriff said was Mollie's boyfriend and the boyfriend's brothers are not suspects.

Oh!! I see what you mean. Dumb me. Okay. They're probably ruled out for the same reason. Camera and keycard footage from Ames.

I'm confused. What's misleading? The headline is exactly what you conclude at the end in your last paragraph.
The headline is: Sheriff: Boyfriend and brothers of Mollie Tibbitts are not suspects

Mollie Tibbitts has brothers. The interview is only talking about the boyfriend and the boyfriend's brothers. Read the headline again. If it said "Boyfriend and brothers of boyfriend of Mollie Tibbitts are not suspects" the headline would be correct. If it said "Mollie Tibbitts' Boyfriend and his brothers are not suspects" it would be correct. As written it reads as if her boyfriend and her brothers are not suspects.

Just throwing out there, and thinking about her running... I live in northern IL, 40 mins from Chicago. Recently there was a kid about 30 mins north of me in a rural area from what I've been told from friends he was playing a game on his phone.. chasing some sort peices you collect. He was a normal young kid.. and he apparently died from a heart condition. It's not the most normal thing but it should be considered. However I will say police knew with in a day or two what happened.. his car was in the area where he was found.

The headline is: Sheriff: Boyfriend and brothers of Mollie Tibbitts are not suspects

Mollie Tibbitts has brothers. The interview is only talking about the boyfriend and the boyfriend's brothers. Read the headline again. If it said "Boyfriend and brothers of boyfriend of Mollie Tibbitts are not suspects" the headline would be correct. If it said "Mollie Tibbitts' Boyfriend and his brothers are not suspects" it would be correct. As written it reads as if her boyfriend and her brothers are not suspects.

I belatedly figured out what you meant. So stupid of me!! I forgot about his brothers altogether actually!!

Oh!! I see what you mean. Dumb me. Okay. They're probably ruled out for the same reason. Camera and keycard footage from Ames.
My main point was that, once again, an opportunity by the media to not sow confusion into the mix goes awry. One would think they could have a proper headline that matches what was actually said.

They searched the house twice and yet they don't know what happened to her after 7:45 while she was out on her run. This must be new info they got from her fitbit. Sounds to me like someone snagged her while she was on her run. How does this fit with her red shirt missing?

They searched the house twice and yet they don't know what happened to her after 7:45 while she was out on her run. This must be new info they got from her fitbit. Sounds to me like someone snagged her while she was on her run. How does this fit with her red shirt missing?
The red shirt is a red herring. It may never have been at her boyfriend's house. Her dogs may have torn a hole in it and she tossed it in the trash a week ago. (My dogs tear holes in my shirts by jumping on me.) She put the dogs in the basement while she went out to run. She took her phone and fitbit when she went out to run, but left her purse with her ID at home.

The latest interview that was posted stating the boyfriend was not a suspect also mentioned a press conference for Friday. what would be the benefit of announcing that and if they had information why would they wait till Friday is that some sort of tactic they're using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member