Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her bf didn't look at it until 10 p.m. We don't know what time she sent it.
Yeah but if she got taken while on her jog doesnt that mean she told her bf goodnight at like 730 and then went for her jog?? I mean I doubt the person was nice enough to let her send a snapchat later. Im not sayin youre wrong at all im just tryin to figure out how any of this makes sense!

I'd be curious if she routinely didn't show up for dinner.. if not why wasn't mom worried the night before? If it's only a mile away, as a mom myself, I would have driven over to check on my kid if she didn't show up for a dinner she was planning to come to. Not at all blaming mom, just wondering if her going to dinner wasn't a 100% think so mom just wasn't worried when she didn't come over?

A similar thing happened in the Danielle Stislicki case, she had dinner plans with a friend and never made it. It was also the day after she missed dinner that she was reported missing. My only is answer is, the rest of the world doesn't think the way WS'ers do. And reporting a missing person is very likely a terrifying thing to do.

Links to Danielle's Stislikci's many threads. She has not been found, there is a suspect who is in jail though.
MI - MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #14

Well, the 7:45 jog time changes the whole timeline. That could possibly mean that AFTER her mom texted her about dinner (which mom says was 7:15-730ish, Mollie said OK, grabbed her phone, and started to jog on over to moms house. Still daylight. If LE says they have no idea what happened to her after 7:45, to me, that means that there are no signs that she went back to the house after 7:45.
I'm betting she was attacked/snatched on the jog over to her mom's house for dinner.
The red shirt isn't being discussed and I think is irrelevant. The 10PM text is also not being discussed by LE. To me, that means that the snapchat was sent BEFORE 7:45, and the BF just opened at 10PM. They have said they don't know what/or where she was after 7:45 Weds night. Period. Ergo, she was taken after mom texted about dinner but BEFORe 7:45PM. It was almost 24 hours then before the Sheriff was notified (around 6PM Thursday per Sheriff call log) Not good. :(

^^^
This.

This is 100% speculation/rumor disclosure (a close friend of mine grew up in Brooklyn)...but word is that an arrest has been made.

I havent posted regularly on a thread for so long on here I honestly don't remember what can and can't be posted.

If I am able to say more I will, but at this point all I will say is that news should be coming soon on an arrest in regards to Molly's case.

I'm awake now. Do go on.

You would think with a small town talk would be going.. they would want to announce sooner than later? Is this what they would be waiting till Friday to announce? If so, maybe there are more people they are watching and wanting to try to get them to talk?

Could someone confirm if I can post exactly (without a name obviously) what I was told..I will then disclose what I have been told.

I live by a middle school and kids cross streets against lights without even a glance up from their faces against their phones. And have ear things on. And no one seems to say much so adults running with them is hardly news. I see joggers staring at their phones while running too. I give up.

Yeah but if she got taken while on her jog doesnt that mean she told her bf goodnight at like 730 and then went for her jog?? I mean I doubt the person was nice enough to let her send a snapchat later. Im not sayin youre wrong at all im just tryin to figure out how any of this makes sense!

Maybe she knows he goes to sleep very early while on a job?

Also, wanted to say that I do believe that she was jogging at the 5:30 time frame. That was her "everyday" jog. I am assuming she went home then, took care of the dogs, showered, and talked to her mom at 7:30ish, texted okay about dinner, grabbed her phone, and started the short jog to moms. It's not that the jog time changed per se, it's that she was outside TWICE in a short period of time. The second time being when she was on her way to mom's for dinner.

This makes so much sense! The Snapchat could have not been strictly good night as in going to bed. More like “headed to dinner, probably won’t talk to you later, good night” maybe.

It makes me think someone saw her coming back from the first run, waited outside, and grabbed her when she left the second time. Just a (scary) theory.

Last edited:
Where is the link saying she sent the boyfriend a goodnight Snapchat ?? Someone above said she would have had to say goodnight at 7:xx if she was taken on her jog, but that isn’t true. (I can’t figure out the quote feature using my phone).

We don’t know WHAT she said in her Snapchat. Her boyfriend can’t even remember what she said. Just because he read it before bed doesn’t mean it was saying goodnight to him. Unless there is proof that she said goodnight to him, we can’t say that she did.

If it was random abduction then I keep going back to the police not issuing a warning?? Since they have not, it leads me to think it is someone she knew and they have their eye on them... or else why not say be aware and keep your eyes open.. lock doors, etc. If they believed it was random don't you think they would at least alert the public that they have someone on the loose like that? So many things just don't add up.

LE almost never says a disappearance is a random abduction unless they have proof. It is the least likely scenario, statistically. People can and should draw their own conclusions and exercise care until they know for sure. And report anything unusual.

Published 3:14 p.m. CT July 25, 2018 | Updated 5:39 p.m. CT July 25, 2018

Poweshiek County Sheriff Tom Kriegel said Wednesday that Tibbetts' boyfriend and brothers are not suspects, ABC News reported.

Volunteer search efforts that served to quickly comb the area were abandoned earlier this week in favor of FBI and DCI experts who are retracing areas she frequently ran with a more expert eye to possible evidence.

“She is a creature of habit and went the same routes, so we’re going back and covering those areas and interviewing people again,” Mortvedt said.

The Poweshiek County Sheriff’s Department has received numerous messages and tips from the public that agents are following up on. bbm

Anyone with any information related to this investigation is encouraged to contact the Poweshiek County Sheriff’s Office at 641-623-5679 or tips@poweshiekcosheriff.com

Why the FBI thinks Mollie Tibbetts' Fitbit could help find her

If one of my grown adult kids said they were coming to dinner, and didn’t show up, I would be texting to see if they were okay. If no response, then I’d phone.

Sorry, but out of politeness, you don’t say you are coming and don’t go. A text or phone call is needed if you change your mind. Even between Mom and children!

There would not have been a 24 hour period that Mollie was unaccountable for if this politeness had been followed.
Had Mollie not planned to go for dinner, that would be an entirely different story.

Deleted

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members