Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think something happened while jogging either, because of the red shirt. However, I don't rule out that someone could have seen her jogging and saw where she lived/stalked her and came back later.
Nobody has verified that the red shirt was 100% at the boyfriend's house. It's possible Mollie didn't have that red shirt at her boyfriend's house. She may have tossed it out after accidentally burning a hole in it or tearing it the last time she wore it.

I've been reading along but this is my first post.

What if she didn't plan to stay at the house that night? Maybe work clothing was in a bag with her? She maybe didn't let anyone know? I can't think of a reason she wouldn't need a ride or that the ride wouldn't have been arranged the night before? Who triedms to get a ride that early especially when it's to a job?

A drunk driver could have hit Mollie and then drug her body into a cornfield down the road to hide the evidence. As long as the little kids are kept out of the cornfields and people don't trample the corn, it doesn't hurt anything for people to start searching again.

FIND MOLLIE!
Or maybe the driver wasn't drunk. I followed the Mickey Shunick case. The driver was out looking for a victim. He sees MS riding a bicycle and intentionally hits her. He throws her bike into the back of his truck and insists that she get in. She takes out her cell phone and he pulls a knife.

IDK that anything like that happened here but it's possible.

I'm really curious as to why red flags weren't raised when Mollie didn't show for dinner. Maybe it wasn't unusual for her to blow it off BUT based on what others have said, it seems out of character for her

I thought I read that Mom texted Mollie at 7:30 and said dinner is ready. Mollie asked what they were having and Mom said brats, then Mollie replied OK. If that is the way it actually went (and who knows, because the reporting has been a mess), that makes me think it really was Mollie. I don't know if I see the perp asking what's for dinner.

The family stated they haven't been given information on whether or not there was a struggle.
The missing phone is an oddity, but if it was an addict or a burglar, a phone is very valuable, so they'd take it.
if your goal is to abduct someone, the phone is the last thing you want on or going with them.

I keep thinking about those high corn fields and human remains. I hate typing this but would you expect buzzard birds to highlight an area where a person was?

Where else would you hide someone’s remains nearby?

A lot of people who live on farms have fire pits. There have been a couple missing person cases in Minnesota where the bone fragments of the people were found in fire pits. There are also wells and abandoned barns/farmhouses. People have also been septic tanks and in culverts.

I thought I read that Mom texted Mollie at 7:30 and said dinner is ready. Mollie asked what they were having and Mom said brats, then Mollie replied OK. If that is the way it actually went (and who knows, because the reporting has been a mess), that makes me think it really was Mollie. I don't know if I see the perp asking what's for dinner.

My 18 year old insists that "ok" as a stand alone reply is rude. In their language, it's more of an "uh huh" that begs for more info. IE: when I reply "ok" to my daughter saying she is going to the grocery store, she would then reply "that's it, I am just going to the grocery store". Apparently ok with a smiley face is acceptable.

I want to know why Mom would tell her what's for dinner if Mollie wasn't expected home. Or was she?

Well I’ve been around many young adults. They take their phones everywhere they go . Heck even me. It’s always in my pocket
Thats the point but in a house your phone is charging or next to you on a stand or something. It is not on you and somebody robbing or abducting you from a house is not going to say grab your phone lets go

See the white edges of the wings that appear frayed? This is a vulture and not a hawk. If you live in Poweshiek County and you see one or many of these circling, go see what's below them.

View attachment 139820
In that part of the country the most likely birds you will find that will lead you to dead things are crows, and perhaps ravens. Unfortunately both of those, especially crows, are common because they also eat corn and thus seeing crows in any particular place won't necessarily mean anything.

Yes but based on the info they are far from at that point. They called off searches after just a couple days when there are acres of high corn out there.
How do you know the acres of corn hasn't already been searched? The reports were that they had so many searchers that the searchers were getting in the way of them being able to interview people.

im kind of 50/50 on an abduction because usually there is a crime scene or struggle marks. Plus if she was taking out of her house, I dont see the phone coming with her.

The new missing poster says "possible abduction". And that she was out on a run but cannot confirm she returned to the house. She would have been out on the run with her phone & fitbit.
The crime scene would then be out on the roads.

BBM: LOL, no probably not.
Great point that it most likely was Mollie sending those texts. Thus, not missing from the run but later that eve.

ETA: In my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member