Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybervampira

Reaction score
Posting guidelines:

* We do not sleuth or accuse people who have not been named by LE as suspects or POI's.

* Do not link to social networking pages of people who have not been named by LE as suspects/POI. The few exceptions are victims' pages, LE and MSM pages.

* Questions about the rules or mod decisions should be addressed to a mod in a private message. DO NOT discuss them in the thread.

* If you see a post that violates TOS, please do not reply to it. Alert the post ASAP.

* If you quote a post which later is removed by a mod, your post is subject to removal, as well.

*Websleuths is a fact based site. Provide a MSM link for your assertions. Rumors are not allowed. Sites such as reddit or sub-reddit are not approved to be linked, referenced or discussed.

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to welcome our many new members to Websleuths. Please remember Websleuths is not like the other discussion forums. We are heavily moderated. Our goal is to stay on topic, not tear apart innocent people, and see what we can come up with looking at the evidence presented to the public by the mainstream media or law enforcement.

Here is a link to our rules. The Rules

This means you cannot randomly accuse someone of killing Mollie.

You cannot link to other sources like random YouTube videos or Facebook pages and post information from these places.

WC are initials of the pig farmer who has been brought in for questioning and had his property searched in connection with Mollie's disappearance. Police have not named him as a person of interest.

In a situation like this where a person has not been named a suspect but the police appear to be interested in him, we only allow the initials of the person to be used
This does not mean you can discuss anyone else. You can't start using Mollie's boyfriend's initials and then you post you think he may have been involved. We are doing this with WC only. Keep in mind each case is different. What we allow in another case on Websleuths does not mean we will allow the same type of discussion in Mollie's case.

As far as WC, one of our media sources that we have given the OK to use is Heavy.com

Heavy.com has provided a WC Five Fast Facts You Need to Know.

If you want to discuss what Heavy.com has provided you must use only the initials WC.

Please, do not outright accuse WC of taking Mollie, no remarks about looks, clothing, or any other insults.

The media frenzy surrounding Mollie's case is jaw-dropping and the story keeps getting bigger and bigger. As this happens sometimes the facts become lost and rumors take over.

Please stick to the facts of the case.

Thanks, everyone,
Tricia

images
link

*Stay on topic

*DO NOT sleuth or post personal information about non-POIs (including a wedding registry, realty information, relationships, marriage information or anything else about their background even if it is public unless it is in MSM)

*Post using initials for all the case players (family members, friends, co-workers, neighbors,etc.) as much as possible

*DO NOT post asking if a particular person has been cleared

*DO NOT post judgemental posts about Mollie or anyone in her family as this is not victim friendly

*DO NOT post screenshots

Dear PommyMommy,

Many thanks to you and @Otto for compiling this list! Excellent!

I would add 3 things that stand out for me:

. This was the second night that Mollie was all alone in the house
. There were no vehicles in the driveway (as there usually would be)
. Mollie's driver's license was at the house (wouldn't she need it to drive back from her Mom's?)

I really can't take credit! Thank you for your contributions. :)

WHAT WE KNOW
  • Mollie's jogging clothing and devices are missing
  • she has about 3 different routes and likes to mix them up
  • the dogs were in the basement
  • Dalton said the door was probably unlocked
  • she was seen running East on Pershing towards the Funeral Home
  • she was seen at the Funeral Home
  • she typically picks up the car at her mom's house before dark
  • she went for a run at 7:30
  • she usually runs for 45 minutes
  • LE reconstructed her run, relying on Fitbit data, cell phone pings and eyewitnesses
  • a digital signal led police to the Guernsey farm area
  • video was collected from various businesses
  • Mollie's mom was asked by FBI if Mollie was "in a home" at 9:45
  • she may have done homework (time unknown & unconfirmed)
  • Snapchat appeared to be indoors & taken that day, viewed at 10PM
  • Mollie was a creature of habit
  • Dalton sent her a text in the morning and she did not respond
  • This was the second night that Mollie was alone in the house
  • There were no vehicles in the driveway (as there usually would be)
  • Her driver's license and debit card were at the house
  • Usual evening routine: run, shower/eat or eat/shower, homework, bed
  • No signs of a struggle or forced entry
Thank you for the last one @Stippling.

Last edited:
One of the thoughts I did have last night when watching the videos (thank you so much for those) of the drive through Brooklyn was the lack of a shoulder on some parts of the road (I couldn’t turn up the volume as hubby was asleep so if I missed any info there, sorry in advance) Hopefully, the path of her run had sidewalks. It somewhat reiterated my own thoughts that she may have been the victim of a hit and run and then panicked coverup. It did have an eerie feel to it. This area seemed much more remote than I anticipated. I also hadn’t expected the close proximity to interstate, although I had seen it on maps. I did feel grateful for my mountains but that is the TN gal in me. The mountains have always made me feel secure, like I am not so exposed. No matter where I live, I find my way back here. Even on vacation by day six we are ready to return.

I've been gone a few days so my apologies if this has been discussed... but has her cell phone been found? I am wondering if it has and due to this they know where she is. I still believe she went with someone she knew, things went wrong, and poor Mollie's kindness was completely taken advantage of.

BROOKLYN, Iowa - On Sunday evening, friends of Mollie Tibbetts and her family attended a prayer service at Corpus Christi Catholic Church in Piedmont. Twenty-five days have passed since 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts went missing. But ten years have passed, since Mollie and her family left Oakland to live in Iowa.

"Our class had 30 kids, so everyone was like a family, everyone knew each other," said Sam Szuhaj who attended elementary school with Mollie at Corpus Christi School. Hannah Murray was also in her class and said, "She was very inclusive with everyone, just one of the most kind people in the class."

East Bay friends hold prayer service for missing college student Mollie Tibbetts

Mollie must be a lovely kind person she didn’t deserve whatever has happened to her.

**for SiriusXM subscribers WITH streaming**

Nancy Grace is talking about this case on "Crime Stories" on Sirius' Triumph Channel 111.

I don't think it's a repeat but if you access it via the web or your phone you can "Restart show" and listen to the whole thing. It started at 10a MST and will end at 12p MST. (so you got about 75 minutes from the time of this post to get to it)

As far as I know these shows aren't available On Demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4