Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking around a bit at session expiration times for online courses. Some require activity regularly (keystrokes etc) and some others don’t timeout for 60 minutes. So could Mollie have opened her course, worked a bit, and then went on her run, leaving her session open? If it was a course that had a long time out expiration, it might have remained open and timed out well after she was gone. Could LE have misinterpreted that data and assumed that she went back home if the session timed out later in the evening? Perhaps they adjusted the timeline later, long after they had spoken to the witnesses.

Just FYI, it wasn't a real abduction in the clip. The people were her family members.
Also, Mollie doesn't look like the type that can be easily abducted. She's a healthy, active athlete. JMO

Whether 'real' or not, the demonstration of and how quickly an abduction may occur was made.

I suspect a perp never expects their intended victim to be "easily" abducted. The major upset in the balance is, the perp *knows* they are going to abduct, the in-their-comfort-zone, likely-unaware jogger knows of nothing of the sort, neither when nor where.

Being a "healthy, active athlete" is a broad definition. A runner? A boxer? A wrestler? Shot-put? Cyclist? Each athlete has strengths and weaknesses particular to their respective chosen sport(s). Being a "healthy, active athlete" in and of itself does not necessarily describe a 'stronger-and/or-smarter-than-a-perp' individual.

Last edited:
I was looking around a bit at session expiration times for online courses. Some require activity regularly (keystrokes etc) and some others don’t timeout for 60 minutes. So could Mollie have opened her course, worked a bit, and then went on her run, leaving her session open? If it was a course that had a long time out expiration, it might have remained open and timed out well after she was gone. Could LE have misinterpreted that data and assumed that she went back home if the session timed out later in the evening? Perhaps they adjusted the timeline later, long after they had spoken to the witnesses.

JMO
That is how I find it possible, she left the course open and let it run out the session. I think initially LE would have assumed any activity would possibly have been Mollie until they figured out otherwise.

Thoughts during dinner while I beg my children to eat and making fake threats that I know I’m not going to follow through with....If the FBI has any DNA from the car wash linked to Mollie, it has to be a local. A perp certainly isn’t going to rid their car of evidence while a victim is in said vehicle. And if they are from out of town, they certainly will not come back and clean their car in the area where they abducted someone. Also, I’m guessing that business hours end before the time it got truly dark, so I doubt it was an accidental hit and they decided to wash off the outside, due to the fact that a significant amount of blood would be visible. MOO of course.

They might come back through town to help hang signs, attend the PC....

I don't know if this is allowed, but I have a creepy feeling, like a don't walk, run feeling that who ever done this is here.
I was watching a story today in which the perp called a tip into crime stoppers with a tip to the crime he committed and investigators found his login to crime stoppers and found his tip misleading the investigation.

In the missing person case, I was involved in, the victim was last seen alive by co-workers on Monday, she appeared and acted normal. Monday night after work, she declined dinner @ parents house. Tuesday morning, work calls the mother to alert them, their daughter was a no call/no show at work. Also, the victim didn't call mother Tuesday morning which was customary. These 2 things were worrisome for the victim's parents. The missing person report was finally made on Wednesday after waiting/calling around for 1 day.

Just showing an example of missing person timeline and the natural progression/realizations of family members in these types of cases. You can also see when the decision to call and make a report to LE was finally made, it wasn't immediate. This isn't a one size fits all, but for those who have never been involved in one.

Sometimes I think that a smaller portion of a reward might be beneficial to set aside for information leading to more than just a "safe" return of a victim. Sad to say but I know I would just want my loved one located.

If she did not usually buy the groceries in that house, and she was newly alone in the house, she might have been inclined to go to a grocery or convenience store if there was one close. That would be a much more 'normal' place for a problem to arise than simply jogging.

I was watching a story today in which the perp called a tip into crime stoppers with a tip to the crime he committed and investigators found his login to crime stoppers and found his tip misleading the investigation.
Yes. That was Eric Williams in the Kaufman, Texas prosecutor murders. They found his unique code for the tip website on a sticky note next to his computer.

I said this same thing about 20 threads ago. Without more info from LE it’ll never be settled. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox